Baywinde Senior Living

Reviews of Baywinde Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Baywinde Senior Living

February 10, 2017

By John332648

Sage Harbour at Baywinde is a very nice place. It’s very well kept and very well managed. It was just too expensive for my dad. The people were very nice there. They gave me some pointers to look for. Even after they realized that he wasn’t going to be able to go there, they were still very helpful. I would say the rooms were adequate. The dining hall was very nice. My wife’s grandmother was there for a few years ago. My in-laws ate there, and they said the food was good. It’s one of the nicest places I’ve ever seen.

February 06, 2017

By amanda6411

THIS REVIEW IS IN REFERENCE TO MEMORY CARE ONLY*** My grandfather was moved to memory care after a quick decline from assisted living  due to Alzheimer's and dementia. This facility boasts it is equipped for patients with memory deficits but is severely understaffed and neglectful due to this. One day we came to visit him and he was asleep in another resident's room, the staff had no idea where he was or how long he was in there. The few staff on shift are constantly on their cell phones. The unit is locked down and as a guest I would often wait 10-15 minutes in the common area with a majority of the patients unattended just waiting for unit staff to wander by so I could leave. When my grandfather became slightly aggressive, a common occurrence with Alzheimer's, my mother was told she would need to provide 24/7 private duty care to supervise him, on top of the over 6 grand per month he was already paying. He was also given 30 days to leave. That kind of stress on a loved one's family is insurmountable, and a terrible sudden position to be in. Also, he required 24/7 supervision but just a few weeks earlier was sent to the ED alone and released only to be found  wandering the halls alone by his sister, when she finally arrived becuase Baywinde communicated the incorrect hospital he was taken to. I'm disgusted with the care he was given, he was often unshaved, unwashed, unengaged and his clothes were dirty and wrinkled. He is a veteran of 2 wars and certainly deserves better.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.  My name is Dan Wolen and I am the Regional Director of Operations for Sage Harbor at Baywinde. I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a better experience at Sage Harbor at Baywinde. It is my utmost desire to make sure all our properties deliver the best quality services and care for all of our residents.  I would like to personally ask you to please contact me at (312) 673-4333 to share any additional feedback you many have and how we can improve the quality of our services going forward.  Thank you again for your time and I look forward to speaking with you.

January 10, 2017

By Sandra414538

Baywinde (Sage Harbour at Baywinde) was very good. It was a very good tour. It's a very nice place. The staff was very good. She was very informative. The price is good. Location is very good too.

December 29, 2016

By ppowers

My 94 yr old uncle was a resident. A few of the aides had attitudes when I questioned them about my Uncle's care, the appearance of his room, and missing personal items. Information doesn't seem to get passed from one shift to another. Often, no one had the answers to my questions. I also called this facility numerous times after my uncle moved out due to missing personal items. I'm still waiting for a return call. Would not recommend this place.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Sage Harbor. We value feedback from residents and their families and use it to help us continually improve. It’s unfortunate that your experience at Sage Harbor was not more positive. Please feel free to reach out to Frances McMullen, Executive Director at Sage Harbor at our community phone number to further discuss your concerns.

November 26, 2016

By Mary754025

Sage Harbour at Baywinde looked fine. The people were helpful and fine. They do crafts, cards, and Bingo. They help them getting dressed and undressed, and they have medication management and help available through the night. They have an efficiency apartment that's neat, clean, and small. It has a refrigerator, a sink, and place for a microwave. You can put a bed, dresser, night stand, or maybe a recliner. They have other, bigger apartments.

November 21, 2016

By Chris075305

I visited Sage Harbour at Baywinde. The staff there was very helpful and very informative. It appeared to be very new, and everything was very clean and well kept.

November 01, 2016

By Jacqueline040875

Sage Harbour was very nice and well laid out. The personnel were very accommodating, but the price was exorbitant. It’s extremely clean too.

July 15, 2016

By D

Some days, seniors need a little extra help - after an illness, injury or procedure, and I am always made to feel that asking for a little extra attention is a big imposition to the staff. Sometimes, they also seem so rushed, and things my Mom needs done are done rather poorly. Maybe they need more staff? We pay A LOT of money for her to live there. Mom doesn't like the food, and the meal times are very regimented. It's hard to make an 89 year old change their way of eating and if you don't match their tight schedule, you are out of luck. Mom barely avails herself of the food she if forced to pay for. She is comfortable, but care and caring is not individualized for such a steep sum.
Thank you for your feedback, as it is an important way for us to revisit the way we are providing services. We are sorry to learn that your family’s experience has been anything less than satisfactory. Please feel free to contact Lori Posato, Associate Executive Director, directly at 585-670-7180 to discuss further. It is our highest priority to guarantee that our residents receive the best services and care at all times. Thank you

May 10, 2016

By Sally41

My overall experience during my visit at Baywinde was excellent. The place was clean and updated. The staff was extremely gracious. They did not wait for me to ask questions. I went there during meal time and I sat with some residents. We discussed what they are eating. We talked about the cleanliness of their rooms and the assistance they got and it was very good.

February 23, 2016

By Tekla1

I like the separate apartments of Sage Harbour at Baywinde. They take folks to different sites, lunches around the city, and events. My uncle, who’s living there, is pretty self-sufficient and takes care of stuff himself. He’s quite capable of living on his own and lives in a villa there by himself. All they do is clean for him once a week, as far as I know. We're inquiring about my mother-in-law and father-in-law. My father-in-law is almost at the level of needing assisted care right now, so we have done a lot of looking around for different levels of care, which is why we looked at Baywinde.

January 26, 2016

By Caring visitor9

Sage Harbor is nice, but I think my mother needs a higher level of care. That would have been higher on my list, but we’re just not ready to do that yet. Very nice, very clean, good food; I would recommend it. I think they need to improve on availability of activities. If you’re not extremely independent, it’s very difficult to participate. Their dining room was different. It’s a smaller menu each day. So, it’s different which I think is a better option for older people, and the right person.

October 29, 2015

By John114254550

Sage Harbour is a very nice, kind of upscale facility. The staff is very professional. We had lunch there, which was very nice with linen table cloths and service waiters. The rooms weren’t big, but they have private baths. They have big schedule of activities, but it was expensive for what we wanted, and it was assisted living, so it didn’t meet the needs of our friend.

May 08, 2015

By coreenv

I used to play the piano over there at Sage Harbor, and I got to be very close with one of the residents at that time. I thought it was a very nice place. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. The gal who was in charge of the activities -- and I loved her -- was very involved in what was going on and very loving with the residents. You could tell she really cared about her job, so she got me involved with the memory care too, which is where I played the piano. Also in the assisted living, I started a knitting group where we had a few people, and they enjoyed getting together and knitting. I knew two people there, so I was able to get into their apartments, and I was very impressed. They looked very comfortable and very clean. They were just very sunny; the sunshine was in there, and they were both very appealing to me.

December 17, 2014

By Anne47

Baywinde's location is very convenient. We are satisfied with the facility and staff. We like that they are caring, and it is a good facility. I know they have activities, but my aunt is 103 so she has not participated as much as younger folk. The sanitation is fine as far as I see. I am satisfied with them.

September 29, 2014

My mom spent two months at Sage Harbour after a fall, and I would rate that place very highly too. It was excellent, but that is where they didn't want her back, because she wasn't able to handle that. The staff was very friendly, they had good rapport, and the people were always willing to help.

September 12, 2014

Baywinde was excellent, clean, and the staff was wonderful. The rooms were big and they had nice views of the gardens. The rooms were clean, and they were able to control their own heat. They had a small refrigerator and microwave. They have their meals in a beautiful dining room. I loved it there, and I thought it was great.

September 02, 2014

By Karen90371850

The staff at Baywinde is very nice. When you walk in, it was bright; it was cheery. We just didn't care for the room. The room was laid out differently. They have more than one floor. It wasn't on the first floor. I like the dining room.

July 08, 2014

By regruit

Wonderful facilities. Terrific, caring staff. So helpful with all the preparation prior to moving dad. I would definetely recommend Baywinde.

June 25, 2014

By swyse

Sage Harbor showed well, all features and services of the facility were discussed. Staff were very knowledgable and attentive. Very nice facility and I would recommend to others.

April 24, 2014

By Janet 1

My sisters and I have moved both of my parents to Baywinde Memory Care. This has been a stressful time, but the staff at Baywinde has been amazing. Receptionists, aids, nurses and directors have all been so kind and helpful with the transition of my parents from their home outside of the Rochester area into Baywinde. They been supportive for my parents and my whole family. The staff provided us with assistance to find a new doctor. They are managing prescription ordering, the relief in that alone is tremendous. The Memory Care Unit has a smaller, warm, homey feel and my parents room is nice. The halls are not too long for my Dad who tires easily. My parents like sitting in the sun room when they are out of their "apartment". The unit is quiet yet there are activities throughout the day. They like the food and are eating better than they have in a long time. I've watched the caregivers as they interact with other residents, as well as my parents and I have seen only good things. My sisters and I communicate frequently with the directors and staff and they all communicate well with each other. Even small details are conveyed as the folks at Baywinde make every effort to make my parents comfortable in their new home. I am confident my parents are receiving the kindest care and as difficult as it was to make the move, I am glad we made the decision to move them to Baywinde.

April 21, 2014

By Mrs Cunningham

When we went to Castle Pointe to visit my aunt, I was very impressed by the staff, the people and the place. They treated us with a beautiful meal. The food was just excellent. It was like dining to a nice restaurant. My aunt said the food there is so good that she put weight on.

January 15, 2014

By zeppie

Our entire family was very disappointed in services from Baywinde. We believe the staff was caring but the facility administrators were very hard to deal with, very negative and pushy. We would not recommend Baywinde as a good, loving home for your loved ones.

Thank you for your feedback, as it is an important way for us to ensure that we evaluate the way we are providing services. We are sorry to learn that your family’s experience with the Administration staff felt less than satisfactory. Please feel free to contact Carrie Rockefeller, Executive Director, directly at 585-670-7330 to discuss further. It is our highest priority to ensure that our residents receive the best services and care.

January 10, 2014

By Beth12

Castle Pointe is a little higher up on the scale; I would say that's more of a 4 or almost 5-star. It was nice. The people there were really nice too. However, their rooms weren't very good. Also this facility is a little farther away from me, but it is still very nice.

October 12, 2013

By Steve25

When the apartment my parents wanted became available they planned a "normal" three week move from their home to Baywinde. However, Mom suffered a stroke and became hospitalized. The need to move my 93 year old father "immediately" became paramount. The staff accelerated the preparation of my parents apartment resulting in a quick and timely move. As a result, while my mother was recovering from her stroke in the hospital, my father had access to the many services and excellent staff resources at Baywinde.

September 08, 2013

By lovedoneatbaywinde

My loved one tells me how much she loves Baywinde and the staff.

Independent Living Reviews for Baywinde Senior Living

November 25, 2016

By Mary754025

My mother-in-law stayed at Castle Pointe at Baywinde. The décor looked almost like it was from 2000 or 2005, but it was very well kept up, very clean, and very nice. It looked almost like a hotel in the lobby. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but they're limited because it's independent living. She played bridge, Bingo, and puzzles, and they had concerts -- sometimes movies and special events like picnics. The food was good. We were very happy.

May 10, 2016

By Loving Daughter41

Castle Pointe at Baywinde was professional. We can use their doctors there that come into the community and see residents or my mother could continue with her own physician. I would say they’re average; I wasn’t impressed. They were underlying some changes with their admission and their screening tools and processes and I just did not have a lot of confidence that they had it altogether. There seemed to be some very vague understanding from the staff there where the corporation was making changes and when they’d be implemented. It just wasn’t the right fit for my mother or for us.
We were disappointed to learn that you did not have a better experience at our community. It is important that every guest has the best experience possible at Castle Pointe. We would love to have the opportunity to speak further with you to learn how we could better meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact our Executive Director at the community if you have any additional feedback you would like to discuss.

August 05, 2015

By Marie111107850

I had a very good experience at Baywinde. I was surprised that it was as roomy and large as it was, and the rooms were lovely, very nice, and with plenty of room for a single person to be in. I did not have a meal there, but a woman, who took us around, explained how they had different chefs from restaurants that were in Rochester who were very well-known for the wonderful meals that they prepared, so she showed us menus of a great variety. They had lots of activities and a lot of trips to different areas in Rochester, different restaurants that they would bring the residents out there, if they wanted to, and all they had to do was sign up. The rooms were roomy, and there was lots of closet space, which was very nice. They did have washers and dryers on the floor for residents to use, and they were convenient. They were at different ends of floor for the residents. It was a positive experience.

October 20, 2014

By jlswifty

I called a number of places to set up visits- Baywinde was the only one I was able to get someone on the phone. The staff set up a visit quickly due to limited time for me. Dawn, the Sales Counselor answered everything, including questions I didn't know I had. As a potential client, we look to you to tell us what we need to know. My mom then came for a visit and immediately felt good about the connection there. Dawn, the Sales Counselor knew every resident as we passed and remembered so much about my mom and I. I was impressed. I would recommend Baywinde!

September 29, 2014

My mom was in independent living at Castle Pointe before and I thought it was outstanding. Castle Pointe is a much newer building and everything in it was pretty much brand new, and that's what is outstanding about it. The staff was very friendly and very good. We ate several times there and the food was good.

July 23, 2014

By swyse

It's been two months since my mother-in-law transitioned to Baywinde (Independent Living) in Webster, New York. We never thought she would have adjusted as quickly as she did. Mary is 94 years old and had lived in her home for nearly 50 years. Unfortunately her home was multi level and we were concerned about her going up and down stairs. From day one the staff at Baywinde has been fabulous. They have been there for us as well as Mary. We can't thank them enough. For the first time in years we don't worry about her constantly. The atmosphere is unsurpassable. The facility has the appearance of a Resort. Very bright and cheery. Her apartment is lovely. A true "home". On a final note....the food is second to none. Five Star for sure !!!!

June 18, 2014

By djalaimo

My mom is 83 and very independent. She lived in her own home and was quite active socially. She loved to play cards, etc. One of the difficulties we found as a family for mom was the loneliness of living alone. She didn't want to live with any of her children and wanted to maintain her independence. A friend of hers asked me to come with her to Castle Pointe at Baywinde. Her aunt was currently residing there. I went and fell in love with Castle Pointe. I knew in my heart this was a good place for mom. She would be able to maintain her independence while at the same time be able to make many friends, engage in social activities, have someone to dine with, go to church with, etc. We took Mom for a visit and she also fell in love with Castle Pointe. At one point she said to me - "You know what Deb - this is just like being in Heaven." I found this comment from her to be so touching because my mom is very spiritual. Baywinde has been a blessing not only to mom - but also to our family. She is happy, safe, has made many new friends, is playing cards, and even baking in her own apartment. She is happy and healthy and safe!!! The entire staff is wonderful at Baywinde not only to mom - but also to the family. Being a caregiver for a parent is a difficult task for a variety of reasons. Baywinde is a wonderful community for both the resident but also for their family and everyone's peace of mind.

April 23, 2014

By Suzier

It is very nice and comfortable at Castle Pointe. Staff is VERY friendly. I love all the activitiey choices, including movie night! The transportation department makes it easy to get to doctor appointments. I love to sit on the front porch in the summer and visit will all my friends.

Memory Care Reviews for Baywinde Senior Living

Costs for Baywinde Senior Living

Photos of Baywinde Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Baywinde Senior Living

About Baywinde Senior Living

Senior living at Baywinde offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Baywinde, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our community in Webster has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Baywinde, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Adjacent to the YMCA - YMCA exercise programs are offered at Baywinde. Located in close proximity to the beautiful Irondequoit Bay area. The campus is located in a beautiful wooded area (off the main road) with walking trails and a pond. Large selection of menu choices with a new menu each month (Castle Pointe). Fresh prepared cuisine made to order.

Map of Baywinde Senior Living