Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

January 23, 2015

By Caring104920650

One thing I did not like about Barnwell Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is that they were two-bed rooms, and the girl in the next bed was sick and kept having seizures. Her parents were there, and they slept in her room. You couldn't even turn around in that room. It was not meant for four people, two of whom were not patients. I did not enjoy being with two other people in the room when it was meant only for two. I liked their physical therapy. They had at least fifteen therapists, a big room, all kinds of machines, and they were very good. I think their accommodations were very small. It would have been hard for two people staying in there.

August 01, 2013

By Linda62761750

It was not a very good experience for my Mother who was there for 3 weeks for rehab for a broken hip. She was put on the 4th floor which was a long term floor. She would wait forever for someone to help her to the bathroom. One time a bed pan was given at 11pm it was left under her til the next morning. One morning she awoke to another patient hitting her in the head with a stuffed animal. Very depressing place that is under staffed. The staff all act like they don`t care. Would never reccomend this place to anyone.Visit place before sending loved one.

February 28, 2012

By Happy Granddaughter

My grandmother stayed here for a bout 6 weeks. I visited every day after work and found the staff to be helpful and pleasant. The facility was always clean and there were many choices for activities available to the residents. Any time I brought my grandmother to an activity, I was always invited to stay. Most of the residents, including my grandmother were happy most of the time. There were religious activities available every day which was very important to my grandmother. Those activities included hymn singing and bible study. She was even able to invite her bible study group from her church to visit once a week. Since she was the one who had previously hosted this weekly bible study group, it allowed her some continuity to a familiar schedule. As she approached the end of her life, family and friends were able to stay with her 24 hours a day. Visitors had to come and go according to their own schedules, but the numbers were usually 3-10 people at a time. She was very happy to be able to die in the company of friends and family. I think she had far more visitors than would have been possible if she had spent her last weeks at home.

Services and Amenities of Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Valatie, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Barnwell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center