Diamond Ridge

Reviews of Diamond Ridge

Independent Living Reviews for Diamond Ridge

August 05, 2021

By Edward

Diamond Ridge invited us for lunch, so we ate with one of their resident ambassadors. The facility was nice, the dining room was big, bright, and airy, and the food was alright. They have waitresses that come around and you have choices of items you want to eat. It's a three-story building with a capacity of maybe 200, so it was big. It's a setback from the road and a bit isolated. There's nothing around it. It's on top of a hill. The rooms and everything was nice. They showed us the rooms, they were unfurnished since it's an independent living, and you have to supply your own furniture. They had a salon and a library too. It felt like a hotel. The biggest turnoff we had was the staff being very pushy and aggressive. They play with dynamic pricing. It's like a supply and demand thing. They showed us two rooms and we asked about the price. She had an iPad or a tablet with her and she said, "Let me check. Oh, the pricing today is X, but if you sign today, we can guarantee the price. If you wait for it tomorrow, the price could be X plus Y." So, it's not a fixed rate. She added that we had to sign that day, otherwise, the price would move up. We didn't sign it and said that we would think about it. Also, there's a big entrance fee that you have to pay which is about $2700. We didn't reply for two days and she called me back two days later and said "Oh we waived the entrance fee." If we signed right away, we would have had to pay an extra $2700. That was kind of aggressive marketing.

Hello Edward and thank you for taking the time to review Diamond Ridge. We're happy that you had the opportunity to check out some of the common areas and amenities that the community has to offer, as well as enjoy lunch with a resident. Our goal is to help seniors find a home in our community and part of that process is to find them something that is within their budget. That is why sometimes community rates are dynamic based on availability as well as any monthly offers that might be applicable to help save some money. We appreciate your feedback so that we can always continue to improve.

July 25, 2021

By Gail

We chose Diamond Ridge for mom because it was affordable for her, and the place was beautiful. They have a beautiful dining room. The whole place is beautiful. They have flowers all over, and it's very pleasant looking. Even out in the patio or backyard, they have rocking chairs and a firepit. It's very, very nice. They have a great chef. The rooms are perfect size. She has a studio. She has a walker, so she doesn't need that much room. It's a perfect size for her. The food looked good to me. When I dropped my mom off as we were leaving, the chef gave us homemade pickles. They knock on her door for 8:00 breakfast, 12:00 lunch, and 5:00 dinner. She can walk around. She's not incontinent. She just has a hard time with her arthritis sometimes. That's why we have people come and get her for dinner because she needs help with her food, and she can't cook. The staff is great. The home health aide is the one that goes up and gets my mom for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She also gives her a shower, and my mom loves her. She thinks she's great. The staff also brings them to doctors' appointments. I personally haven't had the food, but it looked excellent. There's a lady that comes in and does games: beanbag games, archery, and dartboard. A lot of people were doing that. They have a lot of activities, and everybody gets involved in them. It's worth the price.

June 25, 2021

By B

Diamond Ridge seemed fine, but it was not quite what I was looking for. There were two staff who assisted me. They were both fine, informative, and helpful. The room is not what I'm used to living in. I did not like the showers. They had shower curtains, and I hate shower curtains. Otherwise, it was a fine place. The grounds were lovely. The rooms were not quite what I was hoping for. They have a dining room. The hair salon does not currently have an operator. The exercise equipment is quite empty. I saw some activities. They were playing board games and sitting outside. The grounds are very nicely done there, and that's very nice. I looked at the menu. It looked fine, but I have a lot of food intolerances. It needed some new carpeting, but it looked clean. It's too far away from my friends and family.

Hello, thank you for considering at Diamond Ridge. We regret we are not the perfect fit for you at this time. If anything ever changes and all-inclusive senior living is right for you, please keep us in mind!

June 21, 2021

By E.M.

I liked the friendly people in Diamond Ridge. They're helpful. The residents seem very happy there. The price was affordable. It's independent living, but it's more inclusive of other things than most independent living places. It has more options. Mom will move in there today.

March 05, 2021

By Shirley

My father has moved into Diamond Ridge. It's very clean, and everyone is very nice there. He has a cute little apartment, and I think he is happy there, which is important to me. He doesn't get around too much because he's got his own health issues, but they give him his meals, so all in all I think it is a decent place. I think their service is good. It's clean, it looks great, and it looks very appealing. From what I know and from what I hear from people there, their activities are good. Also you can either go to the dining room and they set it up, or they bring it to your room. He is happy with his meals, but they probably give him too much of it as he has plenty. The staff members are very friendly, too.

August 26, 2020

By dissatisfied2020

this is the worst place ever, management changes regularly, staff is not compassionate nor caring. Rent is ridiculous and they don't give 3 meals a day any more. Food is not dietary at all. Rooms are nice however the air conditioning hardly works. Elevator goes out a lot so people are trapped on the floors. There used to be actives but staff doesn't care. If your family member is very ill they will take you in and charge over $2500 a month for nothing

Hi there, thank you for your review. Our team has continued to provide 3 meals daily, as well as 2 snacks per day. Our activities have also continued, socially distanced, and within only small groups to abide by the guidelines. We have not experienced any issues with the elevator within the recent weeks, and our tech has recently visited for his monthly maintenance check. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to reach out to the community directly. Thank you

September 03, 2019

By George

My mother is at Diamond Ridge. She likes it there, but she misses her friends. There is a lady that takes care of her pills and her laundry once a week, and she's absolutely terrific. It's a nice place, it's clean, and I have no complaints. They play bingo pretty much every day, and they really seem to keep them busy all the time. My only worry is that they will raise their price so much that she won't be able to afford to live there, which is what happened at the other place.

October 31, 2018

By Donna

I didn't choose Diamond Ridge because I didn't think it was capable of handling my father's needs. It wasn't that expensive, but I didn't like it. The room we saw was like a mile from the lunchroom and I didn't think he'd be able to handle the distance. Their dining area was OK. They have a library/game room. The residents were elderly and most of them used walkers. It would be good if the person that was going to live there was a little independent. I met the head of admissions and one of the nurse's assistants and I felt like they were pushing me to go there (and I didn't like that).

August 10, 2018

By Dena

Diamond Ridge was very nice. The rooms were very nice, very clean, open, and looked good. There's a dining room, a hairdresser upstairs, a back patio, and an activities room upstairs.

Hi Dena, thank you for visiting our community. It's great to hear you enjoyed your tour. If you have any further questions, please reach out! We are more than happy to help.

November 06, 2017

By Gary

I visited Diamond Ridge. The apartments looked neat, tidy, and well presented. The dining area looked pretty good. The activity schedule looked pretty full, with bingo, cards, and music coming in.

June 01, 2017

By cm343388

I was impressed with Diamond Ridge. It seemed clean, and the individuals living there seemed happy, busy, and healthy. Those were the things I was looking for for my own mother. It had more of a homey appearance and was more comfortable.

December 30, 2015

By Gina17

At Diamond Ridge, the person that showed me around was very knowledgeable and very helpful. The rooms were beautiful. I met a couple of the residents and they were very nice. The only reason we didn’t go with it was that it was too far from us. Everything was perfect except for the location. Everything was fabulous. The dining area was beautiful, and they did have a private dining area that you could use for private parties. It was perfect.

December 16, 2015

By Chris117300250

I'm in Diamond Ridge now. I was having a lot of trouble with cooking, and this community serves three meals a day. They have activities, and the people here are really nice. If they had a pool, I'd give it a 5, but they don't have a pool. We do have somebody who comes in and washes the floor and vacuums some stuff. Other than that, the apartment is left to me, but I'd say it's very good. The hallways are really clean, and the common areas are clean, so the cleanliness is good.

March 30, 2015

I was in Diamond Ridge for a very short time. I had lunch there. In all of the places that I visited, I was not impressed at all with the size of the rooms. Everyone was very nice, but it's just not for me at this point. I want to be more independent than what these places provide.

October 28, 2014

By Pat100949650

We chose Diamond Ridge which is a retirement home. My husband’s sister in law is there. They don’t have a nursing facility, and she is beyond that. We have to pay extra care for her there which is not good. They don’t provide any extra care for the person who stays there. If anyone needs nursing care or help with their pills, you have to hire someone to come and do that. However, this place is great for a retirement community. This is really a lovely place; it is really very comfortable and spacious. The grounds are lovely. They have two bedroom places. Now what she has is just a kitchen and just one room. That one room has her bed in it. She has a single bed, a chest of drawers on one side, her television stand with her tv, and she has three chairs on the other side. It has a large bathroom with a shower. There’s a refrigerator and three closets too. Her bedroom is carpeted; the kitchen is tiled. They provide the linens for the bed and change the bed once a week. They also provide the towels for the bathroom. They will come in once a week and clean. Now if you want to clean it more often, you have to hire somebody to do it or do it yourself. Everybody in the place is lovely. The person who manages it is very nice. The staff is great. They’re very nice. Actually, when my husband and I retire and we don’t want to do any cooking, I think we will go there. Their food is good. They serve three meals a day. Sometimes when we go there and decide to stay there for lunch, we could go in to the dining room with her and have lunch, dinner, or breakfast and there’s no charge. We can just go in with her and sit down and eat. It’s great. They have entertainment that comes to the place. They have a bus that can take you to different places. She pays $2000 a month here for everything, and that is all she can afford.

October 16, 2014

I found Diamond Ridge, which is close by, when I made some inquiries. She is very happy and very much enjoying life in her new home. She has nothing but good things to say: the staff runs well and the meals are good, keeping her healthy. She looks the best I have ever seen her look. It’s a nice, clean place, but I noticed that the residential leadership people in the program keep rotating in and out, and I think that causes some confusion for some of the people who live there about who is running the place right now.

June 27, 2014

By Stephen13

We tried their lunch there. They were wheeling people around. They showed us the facilities.

November 30, 2013

By Allan2

The gathering rooms at Diamond Ridge were big and bright. The people who lived there were really lively. As far as extending themselves and talking, they were good. We had a meal at Diamond Ridge and it was very good. Everything was clean and bright and made for meeting and socializing.

August 13, 2013

By Aarne

Diamond Ridge was very nice. The building was relatively modern and everything was all on one floor. The staff seemed to be quite competent. However, you would need transportation because there is virtually nothing available in terms of bank, grocery, drugstores, etc.

August 08, 2012

By Disappointed94

My mother of 86 years old has lived at Diamond Ridge for about four years. Each year the rent has risen dramatically. This year tops the cake -- her rent is being increased by $1300!!! She can no longer afford to stay at Diamond Ridge. What person on a fixed income can afford almost $4,000 in rent for mediocre meals and questionable staff. This is ridiculous!

Hello, we were not able to accommodate your mother and her budget long term. We strive to be an affordable option in the market while offering weekly housekeeping, daily meals, and a variety of engaging activities.

Questions about Diamond Ridge

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Diamond Ridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Diamond Ridge offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Diamond Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Diamond Ridge offer to independent living residents?

If Diamond Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Diamond Ridge work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Diamond Ridge

Photos of Diamond Ridge

Services and Amenities of Diamond Ridge

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Diamond Ridge

Diamond Ridge is located in Troy, NY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Diamond Ridge for a visit...and stay!

Map of Diamond Ridge