Diamond Ridge

Reviews of Diamond Ridge

Independent Living Reviews for Diamond Ridge

October 28, 2014

By Pat100949650

We chose Diamond Ridge which is a retirement home. My husband’s sister in law is there. They don’t have a nursing facility, and she is beyond that. We have to pay extra care for her there which is not good. They don’t provide any extra care for the person who stays there. If anyone needs nursing care or help with their pills, you have to hire someone to come and do that. However, this place is great for a retirement community. This is really a lovely place; it is really very comfortable and spacious. The grounds are lovely. They have two bedroom places. Now what she has is just a kitchen and just one room. That one room has her bed in it. She has a single bed, a chest of drawers on one side, her television stand with her tv, and she has three chairs on the other side. It has a large bathroom with a shower. There’s a refrigerator and three closets too. Her bedroom is carpeted; the kitchen is tiled. They provide the linens for the bed and change the bed once a week. They also provide the towels for the bathroom. They will come in once a week and clean. Now if you want to clean it more often, you have to hire somebody to do it or do it yourself. Everybody in the place is lovely. The person who manages it is very nice. The staff is great. They’re very nice. Actually, when my husband and I retire and we don’t want to do any cooking, I think we will go there. Their food is good. They serve three meals a day. Sometimes when we go there and decide to stay there for lunch, we could go in to the dining room with her and have lunch, dinner, or breakfast and there’s no charge. We can just go in with her and sit down and eat. It’s great. They have entertainment that comes to the place. They have a bus that can take you to different places. She pays $2000 a month here for everything, and that is all she can afford.

October 16, 2014

I found Diamond Ridge, which is close by, when I made some inquiries. She is very happy and very much enjoying life in her new home. She has nothing but good things to say: the staff runs well and the meals are good, keeping her healthy. She looks the best I have ever seen her look. It’s a nice, clean place, but I noticed that the residential leadership people in the program keep rotating in and out, and I think that causes some confusion for some of the people who live there about who is running the place right now.

June 27, 2014

By Stephen13

We tried their lunch there. They were wheeling people around. They showed us the facilities.

November 30, 2013

By Allan2

The gathering rooms at Diamond Ridge were big and bright. The people who lived there were really lively. As far as extending themselves and talking, they were good. We had a meal at Diamond Ridge and it was very good. Everything was clean and bright and made for meeting and socializing.

August 13, 2013

By Aarne

Diamond Ridge was very nice. The building was relatively modern and everything was all on one floor. The staff seemed to be quite competent. However, you would need transportation because there is virtually nothing available in terms of bank, grocery, drugstores, etc.

August 08, 2012

By Disappointed94

My mother of 86 years old has lived at Diamond Ridge for about four years. Each year the rent has risen dramatically. This year tops the cake -- her rent is being increased by $1300!!! She can no longer afford to stay at Diamond Ridge. What person on a fixed income can afford almost $4,000 in rent for mediocre meals and questionable staff. This is ridiculous!

Hello, we were not able to accommodate your mother and her budget long term. We strive to be an affordable option in the market while offering weekly housekeeping, daily meals, and a variety of engaging activities.

Costs for Diamond Ridge

Photos of Diamond Ridge

Services and Amenities of Diamond Ridge

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use ,Chapel,Library Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard, Lounge, Game Room, Offsite Activities

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Diamond Ridge

Diamond Ridge is located in Troy, NY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Diamond Ridge for a visit...and stay!

Map of Diamond Ridge