Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda

Reviews of Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda

Assisted Living Reviews for Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda

December 10, 2015

By Paul107213650

My dad is in Tonawanda Manor right now. The staff is pretty good, so far. As far as I know, the food is pretty good. He has been there for about five months.

October 27, 2015

Tonawanda Manor is excellent. I like it very much. My father actually lived there for a month, and his brother and sister-in-law are there. The rooms are big and clean, and there are lots of activities to enojoy. It is a beautiful place, and the people are very nice. The food is very good. It is definitely a five out of five.

March 27, 2015

We found Tonawanda Manor for my mother. The food is excellent. They probably have too much for them, but at least the food is excellent. Every night, they have some sort of activities, like music and crafts, so they do a lot and they really keep them active. The rooms are very roomy, and they all have windows. They have pull cords in every room, e.g., in the bathroom, the sitting room and the bed area. They have a wonderful staff. The staff has designed what they call emergency pull cords. My mother the other day couldn't get her television on, so she had to pull the cord, and they said, 'Oh that's fine.' I mean it is not an emergency thing, so it works out well. We can actually have the meal with the residents. Also they have activities everyday, sometimes twice a day. They have bingo, board games, cards, crafts, and movies. At least twice a week, they have a group or a single person coming in with some sort of musical instrument. The place is very secure. All the doors are coded to get in and coded to get out. They have plenty of staff. What they could improve on is probably a little better parking lot because the parking lot is very small.

July 13, 2012

By marecat

Both of my parents lived here until Dad passed last fall. Mom still lives there. Have also had two other relatives live there in the past. Everyone was completely satisfied with the care received at the Manor. The staff is helpful, caring, and supportive. The residents rooms, common rooms, and grounds are well maintained and pleasant. The only thing that prevents me from giving a five is the food, which is rather bland, institutional food. My mother has some dementia and right now they are managing her care well, but as her memory worsens we are considering a skilled setting with a memory care unit. We are just so afraid that she could wander.

Costs for Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda

Photos of Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda

Services and Amenities of Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AF0568B

• About Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda

Upon opening our doors in November of 1993, our goal has been to provide our residents with a retirement lifestyle which offers independence without the upkeep and expense of maintaining a home. As a resident of the Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda, a variety of services are provided to address your daily needs, allowing you to conduct your life comfortably and freely. Our professionally trained staff is committed to providing quality service and personal attention to enrich and support the needs of our residents in everything we do.

Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda is a beautifully decorated, one story facility designed to accommodate 120 residents. Rooms are deluxe-private, private or semi-private (with one other person). Each room has a private bathroom with a shower. All rooms are tastefully decorated and fully furnished, but as a resident, you are welcome to bring in your own personal items, if you choose. Room sizes vary and are priced accordingly.

Also provided are:

• Resident rooms have individual thermostat controlled heat for your comfort.
    • Resident rooms and bathrooms are equipped with a call-bell system for needed assistance.
    • Advanced fire protection and detection system.
    • Lounge areas are available for resident and family enjoyment.
    • On-site beauty/barber shop.
    • Ice cream parlor.

Our goal is to provide residents with a retirement lifestyle offering independence without the burden and expense of maintaining a home. These goals can be readily achieved through the supportive services offered by our home. Professionally trained staff is on duty and available to meet the resident’s needs 24 hours per day. Each room and bathroom is equipped with an emergency call light. The following services are all provided in our all-inclusive rate:

• Professionally Trained Staff on Duty 24/7
    • Leisure Areas including: Lounges, Ice Cream Parlor & Beauty/Barber Shop
    • Beautifully Landscaped Courtyards
    • Fire Protection & Detection System
    • Transportation

Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda gives you the unique opportunity to move in to our community, with no long term commitment or upfront non-refundable community fees.We give you the opportunity to decide if Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda is the place you want to live.If you decide this not the option for you a simple 10 day notice is all that is required. We’ve given our residents this opportunity for the past 20 years, and 99.9% have chosen to make Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda their home.

Map of Elderwood Assisted Living at Tonawanda