Avalon Gardens Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Reviews of Avalon Gardens Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Avalon Gardens Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

May 15, 2016

By john1951

While at Avalon Gardens Rehabilitation and Health Care Center for a leg condition, I got to know the staff. They are wonderful - extremely nice and treat me with dignity and respect. The social workers always have taken care of all my needs. The nursing staff are caring and professional. I feel that people try their best to cater to my individual needs and respond to any problems.

March 06, 2012

By WychyWoman

I have absolutely no positive input about this nursing home. My husband's sister is a resident. She has no use of her right leg, due to a failed hip replacement and chronic osteomyelitis. There is an open would on that hip which must be tended several times a day. The staff does not stick to the schedule for wound care. Since her check-in, they have fouled-up her medication schedule, ignored requests to have her temperature taken (each time she had a fever of over 101, and was transported to a hospital where she was diagnosed with cellulitis), and forgotten to give her diabetes meds. Personal items have been stolen from her room (her closet, her night-table, the drawers in her small chest). She does her own laundry from a wheelchair, and items of clothing have been stolen several times from the drier in the laundry room. She knows she put the items into the washer, and she knows she put them in the drier... and when the clothes were dry, and she returned to the laundry to fold her clothes, the items were gone. For four months the residents ate cold food for every meal because their dish-washer was broken. The place is old and dirty, and most of the staff seem to be unprofessional and uncaring even when we as visitors tell the staff at the nearby nursing station that she is in pain, or needs something. We have written at least 4 anonymous complaints to the Board of Health. The only time we were not anonymous and told them the name of our relative, she suffered for it.

January 20, 2012

By jenx93

I have had different sorts of experience with Avalon Gardens. Between community service and visits to someone close to me, I can say that my experience with Avalon Gardens is reliable and well thought out. A few years ago, I volunteered at this nursing home to help out the staff and residents. When I entered, the staff was extremely friendly and informative. In addition, I was somewhat satisfied with the cleanliness of the facilities. The residents ranged from all different sorts of ages and moods, such as extremely depressed to happy, which was definitely a sad view for me to watch. However, I am sure that this is a typical scenario for most nursing homes. More recently I've paid many visits to Avalon Gardens because my boyfriend's grandma is currently living there. It seems as if it has made progress as far as cleanliness. Overall, I feel that it is a clean, comfortable, and friendly nursing home.

About Avalon Gardens Rehabilitation & Health Care Center

Avalon Gardens Rehabilitation & Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Smithtown, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Avalon Gardens Rehabilitation & Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Avalon Gardens Rehabilitation & Health Care Center