Fleming Point

Reviews of Fleming Point

Independent Living Reviews for Fleming Point

September 10, 2020

By D. Carey

Well managed. Providing excellent care to residents. Family feel. Excellent meals with variety of choices. Wonderful social program including live entertainment.

August 01, 2020

By Jacqueline

We chose Fleming Point because we didn't have to pay for full assisted living. My mother didn't have to live in one room, instead she could get a one-bedroom apartment with a living room, and she could stay there until forever. We pay for someone to come in three times a day to help her with her pills and to do her laundry. She likes the food so far, and the staff is very helpful. The owner was very helpful with getting her a nice room. She has a porch, so she can go outside and sit in her chair. She's up on the second floor, so she feels safe, and she's really happy. I can't say anything negative. It's expensive, but compared to some of the other places, it's a fairly reasonable amount. It's a good value.

October 20, 2019

By mayibast23

As you first walkin, the atmosphere is warm and inviting. You automatically feel at home. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. The food is great.

October 10, 2019

By Glenn and Ann

The service we received when we came through the door made us feel very welcome . Everyone was very friendly and even invited us in to see their apartments. Very clean

October 10, 2019

By Cathy

My mother moved into Fleming Point, and it's been great. It's very nice, everyone has been friendly, and everyone is very helpful. It's a great place, and I would recommend it to anybody. The dining area was beautiful, like being on a cruise ship, and you can order your own meals. It was affordable and the location was great.

October 09, 2019

By jvek8604

I went for a visit of the building and it was great. First off, it was impeccably clean. The manager Vicki met us at the door and Bill the sales leader was very knowledgeable and pleasant.

May 16, 2019

By Renata

Fleming Point is very nice. They have mainly the one room configuration, the studio, and most of the rooms are like that with some different layouts. They also have regular 1-bedroom apartments. Every single one is an individual apartment. The person who gave me the tour was very accommodating and tried to be very helpful. The food was very good. The tables are set up for four. Service is very much individualized and they have a big choice of things you can have for dinner.

May 24, 2018

By Stephhuny

I came for a tour of Fleming Point. When I walked in I was welcomed immediately and offered a cup of coffee. All the residents seemed very nice and the staff went over the top to make sure I was welcomed. Vicki brought in some fresh cookies that were just made. I walked through the dining room and felt like I was on vacation. When I sent into the room off of the dining room they were doing some paintings. The residents were having a blast. Lunch was very good. When we move forward with my dad moving this community will be one of the first that we will visit. I felt like it was people's real home. Very warm atmosphere!

May 10, 2018

By Arthur

My visit to Fleming Point went fine. They provide transportation throughout the village for the residents. They serve three meals a day and you can also get snacks. They offer house cleaning services with sheet changes once a week, and any kind of room service. I got the feeling that they will do whatever you need.

August 21, 2017

By Scrappingram

The facility is lovely. They have many options including studio apartments or 2 bedrooms. They have many activities and the menu looked good. I definitely think you get what you pay for.

June 06, 2017

By lewis283416

Fleming Point is a beautiful place, and the people seem very nice. We were greeted and treated very well. The rooms seemed a reasonable size and looked very nice and well-designed. The grounds were very nice-looking.

May 31, 2017

By johanna385235

Fleming Point goes all the way from independent to assisted living. But it was too expensive for my mother. They seemed to have a very accomplished chef. They had a very nice layout where there’s no stove in the apartments, and it’s done intentionally so that everyone is force to come out in the main dining room.

April 25, 2017

By Carol027786

Fleming Point was very nice and very accommodating. The room was a generous size, very clean, and very accommodating. The people seemed to be content.

February 10, 2017

By Annette111081

When you walk into Flemming Point, people greet you. It was very warm, friendly, open, and bright. The dining area looked nice, central, and open, and I liked that. The rooms seemed adequate, nice, little apartments. The staff was very friendly.

January 09, 2017

By Loving Daughter834746

The staff at Fleming Point is very friendly. The place is very light, airy, and welcoming. We saw a studio and a spacious one-bedroom. They also have a lot of in-house activities and organize outings to different places. It seems like they are open to ideas.

December 27, 2016

By William714247

Our mother is in Fleming Point. It is very nice, and we are very happy with it. The rooms are very nice and clean. The menu seems very nice. They have a bus that takes the residents places. The staff is very nice and helpful.

November 08, 2016

By James808706

Fleming Point is a beautiful place. The gentleman that showed me around was very nice and answered all my questions. He recommended a studio place on my income. He was trying to make the facility affordable to me. The grounds are beautiful and well cared for. I live in the neighborhood. If I could afford it, I’d move in tomorrow.

November 01, 2016

By Kathy786604

I liked Fleming Point very much; it’s nice and roomy. The rooms were spacious, but the price was much higher. They had many activities.

August 22, 2016

By Happy Visitor850366

Fleming Point was actually a very nice facility. They were only 12 years old, but they looked really old and was full. It was a very active community. It seemed to be very nice and friendly. Everybody knew everybody, which was very nice. It was very personable, very pleasant, and a good choice. I liked their dining area except that there was no entryway when you went in. They had so many people that it was so crowded at the dining tables.

August 09, 2016

By Betty R

This place is incredible. The staff is outgoing and so welcoming. The managers Vicky and Bill were amazing and made you feel like you truly mattered. The community was very clean and the grounds were beautiful. I enjoyed my lunch and the residents seemed so happy and proud to call it their home. I'm looking for the future but know where my loved one will go. It felt like i mattered and not a sales pitch. Amazing!!!

May 10, 2016

By Catherine37

Fleming Point was very nice. The staff was great, but it was $400 more expensive and a lot farther of a commute for us. The rooms were beautiful and bigger than what my mother needed. Since she hasn't much furniture, she only needs a small studio, and room was quite large. There's nothing negative I could say about the place. It was just that my mother has a limited budget. I saw the menu and tried the food, which was good. I liked everything about it. I had limited exposure to the community, but it seemed very nice, clean, and well kept, and the staff seemed to be very caring.

February 21, 2016

By PattySA

My Mom has lived at Fleming Point for 8 years now and she loves it! It is a great place and they really keep the residents active. I had to get her an answering machine because she is never home! The 3 meals a day,plus transportation to shopping and doctor appts, etc, is a real plus! Cleaning and linen change once a week is a bonus as well! Recently my mom had a problem with her leg and I was able to hire an aide to get her to meals and activities as well as showering while she was in a wheelchair. What a relief that she was able to stay in her apartment and not interupt her daily routine while she recuperated. The fact that a physical therapist is on-site made all the difference! In the years my mother has been there we have seen managers come and go and they have mostly all been great. Vickki and Bill, the present managers, are amoung the best ones ever! They go out of their way for all the residents and work so hard! I hope they stay for a long, long time. I have real peace of mind knowing my mom is there and in good hands. It is not only a beautiful building and grounds, but it is truly a home for the residents! If you need a place for your loved ones to stay independent yet have a watchful eye on their care, this place is for you!

August 27, 2015

By Sue112221250

My mom is now at Fleming Point, and she loves it. It is like a grand hotel. It is beautiful. They provide the meals, and the meals have been very good. They have activities, and they take residents out on a trip on Mondays. They also take residents out for any doctor's appointments that they may have on Tuesdays.

August 05, 2015

By Marie111107850

Fleming Point was a lovely place. I was very impressed with the looks of the place and the amenities that were there for the residents. The staff was very warm and welcoming and seemed to know the residents very well. They greet them by name and that kind of thing. My mother was also very impressed by the place itself, and she was just dumbfounded by how lovely it was, but she doesn't really want to go any place. It was very nice, and they were very accommodating for us. We saw a few different varieties of room -- studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom -- and they were all very nice, well laid out, and seemed to have everything that they would need. They just bring in their own furniture, but as far as kitchen things like a refrigerator and things like that, they had that available for the residents, and they seemed to be quite roomy; that surprised me. The dining room was very nice. We had lunch there, they had a nice variety of food, and what we ordered for lunch was very good. I was impressed that a lot of the waiting staff knew the favorites of so many of the residents, so it was a very positive experience. They seemed to have many different activities -- exercise activities, game activities, Bingo, and other games that they could play as a group. They have arts and crafts things, and they took them out shopping to the grocery store and sometimes to the neighborhood store where they could look for clothing or whatever. They have lots of activities to keep them busy and a variety of things that appeal to different people.

February 26, 2015

My mother has already been in Fleming Point for a month now. It’s a wonderful facility, and she loves it there. We liked that the managers live on site. She is enjoying all the activities like bingo, and they have entertainment come in. The food is excellent. Mom has an apartment with 1-bedroom, one living room, and a little kitchenette area that’s got a refrigerator and some cabinets for if she wants to keep snacks.

January 24, 2015

By Sandy49

I also visited Fleming Point, and they were excellent. If I didn't pick the one my mother's in, I would have picked Fleming Point. They were very accommodating and very friendly, and they just seemed to have a nice homey feel. The rooms were very good too. The staff that accommodated me during the tour was excellent.

July 25, 2014

We went to Fleming Point. I like the location of it. We didn't like it because it was too big. Some of the things were located on the second floor that we would have to attend to. I think it would just be too overwhelming for my father. It was very open; it was very nice; it was clean. The people that were there were very nice. We saw them playing a baseball game with bean bags.

July 07, 2012

By maggie144

My mom has lived at Fleming Point for about 4 years now and it is amazing how he health and emotional well being has improved since she moved there. It has a very warm family atmosphere with an activities calendar full of anything anyone would want. Music, cards, painting, bingo, exercise classes and trips to local restaurants weekly. The staff and residents are a friendly and caring and go the extra mile for each and every person living there. Pets are allowed, a great plus. At first I was concerned there wasn't a full kitchen in the apartments but now realize it is better that way.. because they provide 3 meals and there is always fresh fruit, snakes, coffee, tea hot chocolate available. Plus it is safer not to have stoves/ovens in the rooms. Holidays are celebrated with gusto and family members are encouraged to join in the festivities. Mom love living there "such a pretty place" "looks like a hotel". She has done one stroke painting,drawn pictures which she has given to her grandsons as gifts.. who knew! I love Fleming Point because my mom does and I know she is happy and safe..

Costs for Fleming Point

Photos of Fleming Point

Services and Amenities of Fleming Point

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Fleming Point

Fleming Point is located in Rochester, NY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Fleming Point for a visit...and stay!

Map of Fleming Point