Schervier Nursing Care Center Riverdale, NY

Reviews of Schervier Nursing Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Schervier Nursing Care Center

June 29, 2015

By Norah2

I found a Catholic place called Schervier Home (Schervier Nursing Care Center). They take very good care of my mom. The staff is great. They're very kind and generous with their time. My mom is happy there. They are very liberal with visiting hours. Also, any time I have any questions about anything, they answer me right away. I think the staff is very well-suited to the job that they do. My mom's room is lovely. They would invite you to bring items to make them feel more at home. They have a lot of activities. Weekly they have someone come in, and they'll have singing. There is a lady there who always does arts and crafts or bingo and things like that. They also have sing-a-longs. My mom is in the right place.

March 17, 2015

I did visit Schervier and eventually selected it. It has really nice large rooms. I thought the staff was very accommodating. The dining room is too small and needs upgrading. The staff is excellent, but it is an older facility, so they need some upgrading and more activities for the patients.

February 25, 2015

By Jovanne

She moved in Schervier Nursing Care Center about two weeks ago, and so far it is OK. The process was just simply registering her in and filling out the paper work. They had a room available, so it was pretty easy. Her room is kind of spacious, and it's about medium sized. She can put her couch and her little things she wants in there. They have bingo and arts and crafts. The place is secure. They have two security officers that I have seen, and you have to sign in. The dining area setup is like a typical family style eating. I liked that she was happy and she likes the way her room was. There was a nice atmosphere.

September 08, 2013

By barkbredmeowpie

I would have wanted to know that they are severely short staffed on weekends.Phones ring forever. That the washclothes and towels could be used to loofah your body they are so rough and that the smell is atrocious. That your should bring your own pillow cases because the one's they have don't fit the pillow case's they use and face on vinyl pillow which may or may not been ever cleaned/sterilized is gross and unthinkable.That the food is rarely good, food is always underseasoned, veggies are always over done and the food is never as good as the descriptions of the meal are they almost never live up to the menu hype. Mandarin Chicken without the mandarin(or any hint thereof), chicken pot pie (from your Swanson youth) served undercooked and pale in it's microwaveable bowl with pea's that were more wrinkle than pea's and canned apricots for dessert. Yumm, a complete meal from a box or a can.Staff can take up to 45 mins. to respond to your call bell so you better not be dying.If you do put your loved one here make sure that you can visit them almost every day to make sure that their needs are being met.

June 13, 2008

By Barbara Gatison

My loved one stayed here

Outstanding quality of care from all staff members with very little staff turnover. My Mother is a resident and has been here for the past 6 years and still has the same caregivers and general nursing staff. Management is very tuned into patient care as well as insuring that quality employees are on staff and love their job. I have close contact with Mom's doctor, the nursing and the nurses aids on all shifts as well as the social worker. My Mom loves being here and her health has improved dramatically over the years, we swear she is getting younger not older in this facility. Facility is clean and simple but very warm with ongoing rennovations and improvements to its appearance. They advocate family involvement with the resident and host many social functions for the resident and family members. They have a small cafe where residents are free to dine with their loved ones during family visits as well as a large community hall that is available for spending time out of the room setting. A recent garden and gazebo has been added so the residents feel the beauty of nature with the changing seasons. I hope that should I ever need a nusring home, my children will send me here.

Memory Care Reviews for Schervier Nursing Care Center

Services and Amenities of Schervier Nursing Care Center

• Spanish

About Schervier Nursing Care Center

Schervier Nursing Care Center is a senior living provider in Riverdale, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes and Memory Care. Contact Schervier Nursing Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Schervier Nursing Care Center