Schervier Nursing Care Center Riverdale, NY

Reviews of Schervier Nursing Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Schervier Nursing Care Center

December 12, 2019

By Leslie McCoy

I recently visited a client. To be honest I had never heard of Schervier Nursing Center. To my amazement I found it to be clean, loving and caring as confirmed by my client. The staff was respectful and courteous. I learned not only was it extremely clean, but the food served to the residents were delicious as well as fulling. The other residents appeared to be content and happy as well. I find Schervier to be a hidden gem. I would whole-heatedly recommended this Center.

November 05, 2019

By Sticker

I am very pleased with the care they give my Mother there.They feed her and keep her looking clean and neat.Also her room is very always clean. Staff is friendly. Thank you very much, TM

September 23, 2019

By Cardiac Kids

What a mess.. There is NO COMMUNICATUION with any of the staff. Each staff member works for themselves and is out sourced. There are no personal relationships formed and it feels like everyone is there for a pay check.. When you ask a question.. They push you to go ask a different dept.. they won't ask.. you or the patient must ask.. STAY AWAY

May 26, 2019

By Advocate4Srs

This place is terrible for two distinct reasons: 1) Below average staffing which leaves residents (customers) waiting and frustrated. Schervier touts their Medicare.gov overall rating with a high number of stars but on the same Medicare.gov website for STAFFING they are BELOW average. This, patients are not treated as well as they should be. 2) On two specific occasions when visiting, aides were nasty to my relative. Overworked? Don't know but still nasty. I also heard aides speak with each other in a nice, kind tone. I wonder why they don' use that same kindness and tone with patients! I also have a friend whose mom was there and she told me she also had a similar experience. She also said admin was incompetent and rude. I was also spoken to rudely by admin business office and admissions. Unbelievable.

April 15, 2018

By Jadevirgo

First, this place is supposed to be rated 5-star according to cms.gov . . . a federal agency, for whatever that's worth. I was contacted on a Friday that there was a bed available for my mother who needed to go there for rehab therapy before being able to go home. They transferred her on Monday. Thankfully, my brother and sister-in-law met her there, because the room was dirty and she was put in the bed with the same sheet from the transport stretcher. The stained pillow on the chair had butt imprints, and the room smelled like poop. My brother immediately took pictures and contacted the administrator, and I contacted the Admissions Director and the hospital Social Worker. They changed her room and made sure it was cleaned and ready to receive a new patient. While this place has the potential to be ok, unfortunately, the nurse's or aides are either overworked, are plain lazy or just chose the wrong profession. It's been a few weeks, and we have met 3-4 decent employees (nurses, aides, physical therapist). However, the other 20+ aides on my mother's floor are rude, lazy and should not be working in a rehab facility with individuals requiring assistance. Bottomline, if you're considering Schervier, make sure you're ready to be very involved to ensure your loved one is treated like a human being and shown the respect deserved. If not, the majority make the patients feel like they're imposing and should not be asking for assistance. If they can't move, even if they ring a bell, they may not be tended to for 20-30 minutes. When someone comes, they come with an attitude. You'll find a bunch of individuals in wheelchairs in the front of the nurses station at any time of the day, except when there are progress meetings going on which involve the "heads" of various departments. I could go on but I will provide a full, detailed review the adminstrator and to the CMS.

February 27, 2018

By SWK123

Despite staff being friendly, care and competence is sub par. My brother was admitted here after a two week hospital stay. Admittedly his health was still very poor and because he was considered a fall risk in the hospital he had not been out of bed for over 2 weeks. They considered him uncooperative because he wouldn’t eat and wouldn’t participate in rehab. A social worker never contacted me to discuss his goals and I know this to be protocol in rehab facilities. In fact he had pneumonia, and tested positive for the flu when they noticed he was barely breathing and called 911. Unfortunately they failed to secure his wallet, his phone and his house keys...even after a week later and numerous phone calls they failed to locate these very important items. He never recovered and died last week...I would have thought they would have called by now. I would never recommend this facility!

January 02, 2017

By LaMJoy

I was the relative of a resident who was at this facility for almost three years . While here, my loved one did everything for herself except administer her own medication. She was even asked by staff members to assist with attending to other patients. The facility did not welcome the idea of making the rooms more comfortable for my love one. In fact, they often complained about having too much in the room. Some of the staff members, at times,were disrespectful toward my love one and had to be reminded that my love one was a patient, not a staff member. They even called the police on my 78 year old love one stating my love one was a threat to the home, because my love one argued about wanting to go home. This resulted in my love one being taken to North Central Bronx Psychiatric Hospital, and the hospital found my love one to be fine. My love one went home,and fell ill immediately after leaving. While my love one was hospitalized, my family tried to get my love one back into Schervier, since my love one was used to and had friends there, and the Social Worker, Ms. Wadie, told the hospital Doctor not to accept my love one, because my love one was not suitable to be there.

July 21, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer288722

M loved one is in Schervier Nursing Care Center. We chose it because they are very Catholic, friendly, helpful, and respectful to the patients as well as the families. During the week, they have games, social Sundays that he enjoys going to, and services every day. There's a monthly calendar with different activities.

July 31, 2015

By Leslie47

Schervier is clean and nice, and I felt it is safe. The people are nice, and the grounds were pretty. The staff is lovely, caring, and very good. She plays bingo and reads.

June 29, 2015

By Norah2

I found a Catholic place called Schervier Home (Schervier Nursing Care Center). They take very good care of my mom. The staff is great. They're very kind and generous with their time. My mom is happy there. They are very liberal with visiting hours. Also, any time I have any questions about anything, they answer me right away. I think the staff is very well-suited to the job that they do. My mom's room is lovely. They would invite you to bring items to make them feel more at home. They have a lot of activities. Weekly they have someone come in, and they'll have singing. There is a lady there who always does arts and crafts or bingo and things like that. They also have sing-a-longs. My mom is in the right place.

March 17, 2015

I did visit Schervier and eventually selected it. It has really nice large rooms. I thought the staff was very accommodating. The dining room is too small and needs upgrading. The staff is excellent, but it is an older facility, so they need some upgrading and more activities for the patients.

February 25, 2015

By Jovanne

She moved in Schervier Nursing Care Center about two weeks ago, and so far it is OK. The process was just simply registering her in and filling out the paper work. They had a room available, so it was pretty easy. Her room is kind of spacious, and it's about medium sized. She can put her couch and her little things she wants in there. They have bingo and arts and crafts. The place is secure. They have two security officers that I have seen, and you have to sign in. The dining area setup is like a typical family style eating. I liked that she was happy and she likes the way her room was. There was a nice atmosphere.

September 08, 2013

By barkbredmeowpie

I would have wanted to know that they are severely short staffed on weekends.Phones ring forever. That the washclothes and towels could be used to loofah your body they are so rough and that the smell is atrocious. That your should bring your own pillow cases because the one's they have don't fit the pillow case's they use and face on vinyl pillow which may or may not been ever cleaned/sterilized is gross and unthinkable.That the food is rarely good, food is always underseasoned, veggies are always over done and the food is never as good as the descriptions of the meal are they almost never live up to the menu hype. Mandarin Chicken without the mandarin(or any hint thereof), chicken pot pie (from your Swanson youth) served undercooked and pale in it's microwaveable bowl with pea's that were more wrinkle than pea's and canned apricots for dessert. Yumm, a complete meal from a box or a can.Staff can take up to 45 mins. to respond to your call bell so you better not be dying.If you do put your loved one here make sure that you can visit them almost every day to make sure that their needs are being met.

June 13, 2008

By Barbara Gatison

My loved one stayed here

Outstanding quality of care from all staff members with very little staff turnover. My Mother is a resident and has been here for the past 6 years and still has the same caregivers and general nursing staff. Management is very tuned into patient care as well as insuring that quality employees are on staff and love their job. I have close contact with Mom's doctor, the nursing and the nurses aids on all shifts as well as the social worker. My Mom loves being here and her health has improved dramatically over the years, we swear she is getting younger not older in this facility. Facility is clean and simple but very warm with ongoing rennovations and improvements to its appearance. They advocate family involvement with the resident and host many social functions for the resident and family members. They have a small cafe where residents are free to dine with their loved ones during family visits as well as a large community hall that is available for spending time out of the room setting. A recent garden and gazebo has been added so the residents feel the beauty of nature with the changing seasons. I hope that should I ever need a nusring home, my children will send me here.

Memory Care Reviews for Schervier Nursing Care Center

Services and Amenities of Schervier Nursing Care Center

• Spanish

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Schervier Nursing Care Center

Schervier Nursing Care Center is a senior living provider in Riverdale, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes and Memory Care. Contact Schervier Nursing Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Schervier Nursing Care Center