Atria Penfield

Reviews of Atria Penfield

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Penfield

October 07, 2020

By Lee

My mom has moved into Atria Penfield. It was one of the better places that we looked at as far as just the feel of the community, the courteousness of the staff, and the friendliness of the staff. They just gave you a very good first impression. They try to keep them busy. Like any place, they do bingo I think almost on a daily basis. They have crafts. My mom helps with floral arrangement in the chapel area. She seems to enjoy it there, and is really satisfied with that as her place to live. They don't go into the dining area because of social distancing and what-have-you, but the food gets delivered to their rooms. My mom said the food is really good. They seem to have a really good variety of food as well. She has only been there for a short of time.

Lee, It's our pleasure to serve your mom and each of our residents. Your experience and your compliments mean the world to us.

December 15, 2019

By Sonya

My mom really likes Atria Penfield. She really settled in comfortably almost immediately. I think it's a very well-managed community, everybody has job responsibilities, and so far everything has been performed in a timely manner. I like the awareness of safety. For instance, they just recently changed the policy in the dining room that when clients go in and they're seated, someone comes and picks up their walkers and moves them over to a neutral area. So everybody, the servers and everyone, can walk around safely without tripping on anything, and I like that. The food is good, they have a professional chef here, not just a cook. The rooms are comfortable and tidy. It's not a new community, but it's very clean. Mom's room is cleaned regularly every Monday. Her laundry is picked up from her room on Thursday night and they deliver it back to her on Friday morning. Everything is running in an organized manner at this point. They have quite a few activities. Mom participates with the devotional services, exercise class, and bingo. They also have a lot of card games and they have a lot of off-site programs that the residents can attend. If you want to pay for an extra fee then they can take you out regularly. Twice a month they will take them to their doctor if they need assistance. Since it's an older community, you're not going to have the high ceilings and things like that, but it's got all the security rails along the walls and I haven't seen any clutter. For what they offer, I think the cost and the value is very good. There's something going on here all day long, and they have a nice selection of activities.

Sonya, Thank you for being an Atria customer. We value your feedback and take pride in delivering quality service everyday. We're thrilled to hear your mom is enjoying Atria Penfield as her new home.

June 06, 2019

By Diane

They're very friendly at Atria Penfield. It's bright, airy, and refreshing. The rooms were a little bit bigger, and the dining room area was a little more updated than the others we looked at. They had a small bistro area if they want snacks at night, and the refrigerator is always full. Half of the people had their doors right off a pretty courtyard, and they could walk right out to it.

Diane, Thanks so much for sharing your kind words with us! It was our pleasure to show you around Atria Penfield.

December 28, 2018

By Andrew

Atria Penfield looked immaculate. They showed me two different available rooms; one was overlooking the atrium outside, and the other one was a bigger room. Both of them were very clean. The staff was wonderful, answered all the questions, and offered me assistance for getting my dad a cart through the VA so he can steer and drive since he's a retired vet. They were very helpful and the person who accommodated me was wonderful. They have a gourmet chef there. They showed us the menu and everything that the residents can choose from. They also hold a meeting every month to see if anybody wants to change or add some kind of a dinner or lunch. It was very accommodating for the people who live there. My tour was very informative. The layout of the place was very easy and very simple.

April 30, 2018

By Kimberly

Atria Penfield is very nice, and Dad is doing very well there. They seem to engage him in doing things, and they make sure he's eating and getting out of his room. Dad has a very small room because he prefers. Dad goes to listen to music and talks with the other residents. Dad gets a well-rounded meal and dessert all the time.

August 21, 2017

By Janice

The staff at Atria Penfield is very nice and very helpful, and the food is really good. I think my mom has finally found a good fit. She does puzzles, and they offer a lot of trips and shopping. They serve three meals a day, and they also provide housekeeping and laundry. They have nurses on site who check on them all the time to make sure they're OK. Mom wears a monitor in case she falls or has any difficulty; she can just push the button and someone will come right away. I really like the staff.

March 07, 2017

By Frisco

Over the last 7 years my mother has stayed at the Atria for lengthy periods of time. Mostly for transition from rehab to returning to her home. Overall I found the staff great and with the food there were so many choices that there was always something good to eat. Very accommodating. Food was always fresh and nourishing.. I and my family ate there a number of times and the food was delicious. Occasionally some issues with the meds. Not sure why, there would be. Lots of variety of activities and are willing to accommodate different tastes. I would have her stay there again.

March 06, 2017

By LM276551

We liked Atria Penfield, my mother-in-law didn’t. The difference with her was she is only 61 years of age, but her medical condition was such that she needed that type of assisted, but the age range there were much older, so she probably was the youngest person there. It was OK; it wasn’t horrible. There were some issues with some medication that we had to help keep track and make sure that they were doing what was being done. For as many residents as they have, they need a couple more nurses. The same nurses that are in charge of the residents are the same ones that are going and doing the interviews for intake for people coming into the community. Although they should be checking the medications, it is not the nurses that are dispensing the medication but the Med-tech, so the training is limited. The room that she has is just a small room with a bathroom, very similar to that of a hotel room. My husband and myself thought they did a decent job.

January 02, 2017

By Annie23

Not so great. Halls are long and hard to find rooms. The food is good but place is old and empty. Other Atria's much nicer.

Hi, Annie. Thank you for visiting our community in historic Penfield – we’re glad you were able to enjoy a meal while you were there! We appreciate your feedback and welcome you back any time.

June 28, 2016

By Marcia163026

Atria Penfield was very lovely. I would have been happy with Atria for myself. They seemed very nice and welcoming. They gave me a cake to take home that was very good. It looked like they kept the residents busy. The rooms looked nice, clean, tidy, and kept up. The staff that toured us around was very nice and very informative. She wanted to help us more.

June 23, 2016

By Douglas760131

Atria Penfield was a nice and clean facility. The people were nice, as well. It had a comfortable atmosphere, activities, and transportation to places outside the facility.

June 11, 2016

By Alex C.

My dad lived here for just over a year. Food was good at first, but went quickly downhill from there, and he lost weight, I assume mostly because the food was so poor. I ate Easter dinner with him one time, they charged us $20 a head, and it was AWFUL! While his room was nice, they did a good job of cleaning, he did have a few things disappear while he was there (his wallet, for one; Thankfully all of the cards he had were expired). Then, suddenly, his declining memory issues were too much for them to handle, so I had to quickly find another place for him. I would not recommend this place for anybody with Alzheimers. Nobody was "abusive", but overall the management did a poor job of running this facility. Looks nice from the outside, but I know regret having not just placed my dad at a more comprehensive facility.

Hi, Alex. Thank you so much for bringing these concerns to my attention. We work hard to offer a top-tier dining experience, and many of our chefs have worked for well-known restaurants and resorts. Unfortunately, it seems our efforts may have fallen short of expectations. I'm very sorry to hear that. Separately, some of our communities are equipped to provide a more intensive level of care than others, and many Atria residents benefit daily from Life Guidance programming designed specifically for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

I’d be glad to discuss these concerns in more detail. If you’re interested, please email me at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

March 30, 2016

By Rochelle3

The staff at the Atria Penfield was very nice and friendly. The place looked very nice and clean. The food was very good, and the services were OK.

January 17, 2016

By caregiver24

This is a very nice facility with superb food. I do however feel the marketing staff oversells the capabilities of the center. My parent was a fall risk. They made us believe this would not be an issue. Some staff were wonderful and offered assistance when walking or going to the bathroom. Others stated these things needed to be done on their own and just stood by. When we paid for increase supervision it entailed leaving the room door open so they could visually check in. Also this location did not provide security of one's room. Although we were warned not to leave personal items in the room I thought my wallet was safe in a locked room in a drwar when taking my parent to dinner. The first loss of $30 I put up to my mistake of what was in my wallet. It wasn't until another loss of $100 that I knew something was wrong. This is a wonderful facility for fully functioning individuals or those with minimal needs but there are several residents that they have accepted that need more care and are not safe there judging by the number of ambulance visits made.

Your comments are concerning. I would like to learn more about your experience so I can look into this. Please reach out to me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

December 30, 2015

By Lynn R1

After a fall and rehab for a broken ankle, we found it necessary to move our 91 year old Dad to assisted living. From the first visit the staff was very friendly, caring and welcoming. They made this an easy transition to our reluctant father who did not want to lose his independence. He was able to find activities that he enjoyed and still enjoys his own space when he wants to be alone. The added bonus was he was able to keep his dog with him, which is a blessing. It is a wonderful facility.

March 07, 2015

I liked Atria Penfield. I like the cafeteria. The rooms that were available were a little too far away from the cafeteria for my sister. It was too far away to live, but I think that was the best place that I went to. The staff was very nice and excellent. The rooms were good and a little more updated. It was a little roomier. It was bigger than the other one, but they were more expensive. The outside was nice, and the grounds were nice. It was very park-like, and they have a courtyard. I liked the dining which was not really a cafeteria but more of a restaurant style. You can offer off a menu, but I didn't try the food. We just looked around and looked at the menu. I would recommend this facility to others.

December 12, 2014

By Janet 1

I went to Atria Penfield. The food was very good. Their rooms were very small. Regarding activities, at the time, they were playing Wii. However, I ruled this facility fairly early on because their hallways were too long for my parents. With regards to security, it was not secure for my parents because they need to be in a locked-in facility.

September 23, 2014

My mother is in Atria Penfield. Her room is clean and is nicely sized. The staff is very nice. They are very patient with her and very understanding of her needs. My mom is happy with everything. The dining area is very nice; it is like going into a restaurant. They have recreational activities like bingo and arts and crafts.

August 27, 2014

By Karen90371850

The Atria was in the neighborhood. We visited it and we thought it was very nice. They compared it with a couple of others and it was better than the rest. It was bright; it was welcoming. They have a nice layout. I think the staff is very good. It was a nice-sized room. I think it was probably one of the biggest ones there. I think it's about 400 sq. ft. It's a beautiful room. They have a nice shower that my dad can sit in and the setup is pretty much like his old apartment. They have a lot of activities. They have various day trips. They had a trip to the Red Wing game which is the local baseball team. They had an outdoor fair for the families. The dining room is very nice. The portions are plenty and he seems to enjoy the food.

July 06, 2014

Atria was very nice. I liked it the best for my mother because the room we could have gotten would have been close to the dining area, and it was furnished so it would have been an easy move. The accommodations were fine. The working attitude was very good, and the staff was very friendly and answered all our questions. They had an activity calendar that included arts and crafts and social hours for entertainment.

February 27, 2014

By William27

Per doctor's recommendations, we moved my uncle to Atria and it is very convenient because everything is on one floor. They have services that are good for him. The staff is very pleasant and adequate. The food is fine. He did complain a little bit but then he is very finicky. They have activities like dances and music that he enjoys. They also take them on trips. He seems happy because he is with the people of his own age. I would recommend Atria to others.

Costs for Atria Penfield

Photos of Atria Penfield

Services and Amenities of Atria Penfield

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Pets: Yes

About Atria Penfield

At Atria Penfield, you'll find a beautiful park-like setting with five courtyards and a fountain-side gazebo. Relax outside, take a brisk exercise walk, or savor our restaurant-style dining that reflects local tastes and seasonal variety. Located in historic Penfield, just minutes from downtown Rochester, Atria Penfield provides a small-town ambiance with all the convenience of the city.

Atria Penfield provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of studio apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Nurse on-call 24 hours a day

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

We have a 3yr spenddown program where if a Resident has depleted their funds after paying privately for at least 3yrs they may maintain residence at Atria in a shared space.

Map of Atria Penfield