Embark at Orchard Glen

Reviews of Embark at Orchard Glen

Independent Living Reviews for Embark at Orchard Glen

August 13, 2014

By ctupton

Emeritus at Orchard Glen was super top of the line. But it was too expensive. I loved it. They did have activities. It was in a country setting, very professional, and very well-decorated, but we couldn't afford to live there.

April 11, 2014

By Geraldine10

Emeritus at Orchard Glen was adequate. It was clean, no smell at all. The staff was very nice. The rooms were too small for our purposes but were very nice. They could make it bigger and have rooms for couples.

January 23, 2014

I like that at Orchard Glen the meals are included and they have housekeeping. They have storage and underground parking. The staff is pretty good, but I think they could use more staff. My room is fine and I love it.

August 27, 2013

By Lee5

I really like Emeritus. It is a newer facility. They're constantly renovating and fixing it. They have beautiful facilities. I looked at one of their cottages that are smaller independent homes on campus. They have helpful, warm, thoughtful and patient staff. The only thing that held me back was finances because this place was too expensive for me.

Questions about Embark at Orchard Glen

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Embark at Orchard Glen. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 82-84. Our residents love entertainment, bingo, outings such as the casino, ice cream, exercise class and they really look forward to eating a good meal.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The places they love to go to are the casino, botanical gardens, parks, senior centers, major football stadium, our county fair, bible study, fireside scary stories, and out for lunch.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Embark at Orchard Glen has organized?

They have organized going to the movies, casino, dances at the senior center, outdoor concerts, boat rides, baseball games, local park for picnic, art galleries, and museums.

What transportation services does Embark at Orchard Glen offer to independent living residents?

Embark at Orchard Glen has a 12-passenger bus and a car to transport residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Embark at Orchard Glen exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have 4 chefs who have over 80 years of combined experience. The serving staff are outstanding and always aim to please. Our residents have many delicious choices with home made soups daily and our salad bar. The chefs create new plates and the residents love it. We have monthly meetings with our residents, and they provide input regarding what they would love to eat.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a library, community room, a cozy corner and a beauty salon, and walking trails surrounding our pond and our chapel with a priest who does mass 6 days per week.

What safety features or security measures does Embark at Orchard Glen offer to independent living residents?

There is emergency pull cords in each bathroom and the resident can also purchase a pull cord for a monthly fee to wear on their person. We have 24-hour security and our doors lock between 8pm and 6am. Each night, there is a security check at dinner time. If a resident does not show up for dinner, we check their apartment to be sure they are ok.

If Embark at Orchard Glen accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we accept dogs or cats, and have 11 acres of land and a beautiful pond on site.

Does Embark at Orchard Glen work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

No, but each resident can hire any 3rd party home-care service of their choice.

Costs for Embark at Orchard Glen

Photos of Embark at Orchard Glen

Services and Amenities of Embark at Orchard Glen

About Embark at Orchard Glen

Embark at Orchard Glen offers an independent living community in Orchard Park, NY for discerning adults who want to live life to the fullest. Here, retirement living is all about options, including a selection of well-appointed apartment or cottage homes and a wide variety of activities designed around your interests and passions. You’ll appreciate our beautiful spaces, generous amenities, 24/7 security and dedicated staff that help you enjoy life, worry-free.

• Scheduled Transportation