The New Jewish Home, Manhattan

The New Jewish Home, Manhattan (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The New Jewish Home, Manhattan

Nursing Home Reviews for The New Jewish Home, Manhattan

March 17, 2015

I visited Jewish Home. It was very good. The staff who assisted me was excellent. The food was good. The activities were very good.

April 03, 2014

By Rita19

Jewish Home Life's Manhattan had very nice units. They showed us around, and were very nice. It had a garden too. They had lots of activities, so lots of things were going on for the people. They were very open to us about the facility, and they referred us to the one in the Bronx.

November 26, 2013

By Sonia3

My parent was in Jewish Home Lifecare for a rehab. They were very kind to her and she did well there. She was able to learn how to walk again. I didn't have any complaints about this facility. They were as good as it can get considering that they're working with sick people. My parent didn't get any wounds when she was there and they moved her constantly. Also, she was able to have somebody there that spoke her language. I just wished that they had more therapy for her, rather than an hour or two in a day. Overall, I have to say that it was a good facility.

April 18, 2013

By Caring 4703

I was in the Jewish Rehabilitation Nursing Home for almost two months. I won't recommend that place. Not everybody in there was nice.

Adult Day Care Reviews for The New Jewish Home, Manhattan

Services and Amenities of The New Jewish Home, Manhattan

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About The New Jewish Home, Manhattan

The New Jewish Home is a nursing home with short-stay and long-stay rehabilitation services on Manhattan's Upper West Side. It caters to senior citizens of all faiths and ethnicities who wish to carry on with their New York city life. The centrality of the facilities ensures access to all sorts of amenities, including public transport, restaurants, theaters and stores.

The New Jewish Home's Manhattan campus is a state-of-the-art facility affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital and NYU Langone. The short-stay program is customized to ensure that seniors can get back home as fast as possible. A geriatric substance abuse recovery program is also present. The long-term skilled nursing facility offers 24-hour care by a team of nurses, certified nurse assistants, physical, occupational and speech therapists and full-time physicians and other clinicians. There is also an adult day care program for senior citizens who live at home and require extra help during the day.

Plenty of activities are organized to keep residents engaged and busy, while also giving them the opportunity to socialize. Film screenings, bingo, exercise, theater workshops, beading, religious services and even a glee club are among the things that seniors can take part in.

Map of The New Jewish Home, Manhattan