Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center

Reviews of Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center

January 31, 2018

By G Jones

I have been a patient in other hospitals and rehabs. The care and therapy here are fantastic. Nurses and aides are caring and attentive to my needs. I think physical and occupational therapy are probably the best in the city.

November 13, 2017

By valkatser

I am amazed by professionalism and skills of therapists here, thumbs up!!!

July 21, 2017

By Mark423

This is Terence Cardinal Cooke team that makes it best rehabilitation center in the USA. They are superstars team members: Youngjoo L, RN; Peng H, RN; Kimberly B, LPN (night); Satomi M, OT; Jinky A, PT; Chris-Ann W, Evening Supervisor; Lashane N, Nurse Manager; Nadine M, CNA; John J, CNA. Best in their Field!!!

February 09, 2017

By lindsrm18

After spending eight months in the hospital at Mount Sinai, I was finally accepted to TCC for rehabilitation. After tow lengthy stays in the hospital I am no longer able to walk at all and can barely stand even with the help of a walker, I'm scared to stand alone. I was on bed rest and unable to get out of bed mlumless I saw a physical therapist while in the hospital. I have been at TCC so far, just 24/hrs. But, as of yet, have no problems I will update my review weekly. I have, in just my first twenty four hours here met with the two rehab or physical therapists who will facilitate my daily care. They did an evaluation and strength test and we discussed my future strength building goals. I also met with the doctor who will write all of my meds and medical goals. This far everyone I have met with has been nice and excellent at answering how my time at the facility should go. I look forward to the PT and occupational therapy I intend to get, on a regular basis. I am only 36 years old so being confined to a bed is simply not an option... I look forward to updating as I progress through the program here. Also I have CKD, and on dialysis, however I do not use the inpatient dialysis facilities, so will not be able to comment on them or how well they run. I will be attending an outpatient (Mt. Sinai dialysis) facility on Tues Thurs and sat. So I will be able to comment on their transport services for outside care.

May 04, 2015

By Mr. Lucky

I was put into this facility by the hospital I was in way too soon. The hospital threw me under the bus because my staying there wasn't economically feasible for them anymore. Cooke is a dump. I was terribly ill and after 4 torturous days, I noticed one night I couldn't breathe. Unbeknownst to me, my lung had collapsed. The despicable ambulance driver thought I was faking it. He said ''If you can talk, you can breathe.'' I was taken to Mount Sinai. They saved my life. I also had a severe bacterial infection which was cured later. Do not let anyone you know go to this wretched dump. The staff for the most part is uncaring and downright mean. I survived. I was lucky.

September 23, 2014

I am in Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center. The ground is minimal, but they do have outside access to the open air. The staff is adequate. The food is great. There are activities from time to time. There is occupational and physical training. You can use the gymnasium materials. You can have a personal escort if you need for taking personal trips, but there is no group trip.

May 29, 2013

By Eric6

The physical therapists from Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center were superb. They were absolutely brilliant, and I love them. They got me walking again. I would totally recommend the physical therapists there. The food was surprisingly good, though it was not a gourmet food. But it was definitely a step up from what you get in the hospital. The housekeeping was excellent. However, I would not recommend this facility itself to anyone. I was there for three months. They didn't do much that annoyed me, but most of it was how they deal with other patients who was sicker than I was. I just didn't like the way they were treated. And there were amazing billing issues, too.

May 14, 2013

I chose this facility because it was the only one that would take him at that time. They were very, very good to him. It's a very nice facility, very clean and everything was good. It is under Catholic charities and it didn't cost anything.

July 08, 2012

By family at terrance

The staff here is very nice and knowable of each patient. I love the parties they throw for the residents and their families. The only reason I would rate it a 4 is i don't feel they are as clean as they should be and it does feel more like a hospital than the pervious facility he was in.

August 13, 2008

By w.a.daponte

My loved one stayed here

Hell on earth. I blame tcc for the untimely death of my fiancee Millie Medina. The nurses are either uncaring or downright harmful. I personally saw a nurse physically assault my Millie by squeezing her arm to cause her pain because she was crying. This happened in front of a social worker, who did nothing. My millie's laptop computer was stolen while at tcc.

About Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center

Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center is a senior living provider in New York, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center