Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home

Reviews of Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home

March 16, 2018

By Gary R.

I am recovering after a rear neurological decease and feel that I came exactly to the right place. Nursing care is exceptional, aides are professional and friendly. They have a great GYM and Rehab services are excellent - very qualified therapists. There is a variety of services offered - a hair salon, a coffee shop, a chapel with daily services, frequent outside entertainment and movies, a beautiful large leaving room with a grand piano and separate sitting configuration where residents can bring their guests. There is also a dining room with multiple course service and cheerful waiters. Overall, this is a wonderful facility with a lot of exceptional features. GYM and rooms have paintings and attractive curtains, the building décor is beautiful. I feel like I am in upscale hotel, receiving excellent service.

February 24, 2018

By LarLep

My mother stayed in rehab for almost 6 weeks after a fall and 2 pelvic fractures. She is now home and able to walk again; however, when she arrived at MMW from the hospital, the pain was excruciating. She was very weak, unable to move because of pain, and needed at least two people for assistance. She was also very depressed and we were both uncertain about her future. Despite our fears, mom’s recovery process was really amazing. Nurses and aides attended to all her needs, they were very kind and caring. Her occupational and physical therapists were outstanding. Their professionalism, patience, and encouragement helped us both a great deal. We are truly grateful!

By MPearlstein

MMW was my first choice. My husband was here several times and passed away in hospice about 6 years ago. Everybody is loving a caring. Really great rehab!

By FBerk

I was at MMW years ago after surgery and wanted to come back this time. I am happy I did. My nurses were exceptional and pleasant. They should be commended for helpfulness, attitude and professionalism. I also enjoyed Jewish services every Friday afternoon.

By CMccarty

I can’t praise this facility enough. Nurses are terrific, they work very hard and deserve raises. Therapists are tremendous. I’ve come a long way from how I was 3 months ago.

By Ed Oreilly

I am 100% satisfied with my stay. Great treatment! Was here 10 years ago, this is my second time. Staff is remarkable – I am leaving with much more strength and endurance than before.

By V Daniels

I am very grateful for the care they provided. Everybody was responsible, helpful and smiling. Both of my therapists were skillful and caring. They gave me encouragement and smiles to keep me on the road to recovery and mobility. They were outstanding!

By Fran Spoon

I am very pleased with my rehab experience. It was almost a one-month journey, I came with shingles and couldn’t walk or take care of myself. They have a great GYM and all new equipment. Therapists saved my life – I am walking now and can look out for myself.

February 02, 2018

By C Fisch

Nice facility. I came in a lot of pain and left with very little pain, able to walk on my own. Staff tried very hard to make me feel better and stronger. I am very appreciative to all.

February 02, 2018

By M Handler

I was there for one month in rehab. Everyone did a wonderful job. All nurses and aides deserve to get a medal. What they do is not easy and I am very appreciative. My doctor was sensational, very dedicated. Place is very clean, food is nice.

January 31, 2018

By Leslie G

I can never thank enough all nurses, aides, support staff, etc. for saving my life and making my stay comfortable. Everybody did an exceptional job - any time I needed something, I got it. My doctor was easy to talk to and to explain my medicines and condition. He and unit manager worked hard so I could make progress with my health. My PT and OT helped me to be independent and oxygen free. I enjoyed my time with them and looked forward to it. My dietician was very informative, and social worker was very helpful in taking care of my needs. I’ve been to a few different facilities and got the best help at MMW. Everybody there deserves to be commended for a job well done. MMW is the best rehab facility anywhere.

January 26, 2018

By B Berg

My husband was recently discharged after over one month in rehab. We are very grateful to all of the nurses, aides and doctor for their care and concern. He enjoyed working with speech, physical and occupational therapists and showed very good improvement. Everyone was always pleasant and gave my husband their full attention. Thank you from both of us!

January 26, 2018

By BShar

I was very comfortable there. My therapists were patient and caring. They encouraged me to push a little more each day and I did. I am grateful for all they did for me.

January 19, 2018

By Ric S

I was staying in another rehab before – it was like a prison compare to this. This facility is World Class. People are unbelievable and do a great job. Outstanding Rehab.

January 17, 2018

By K H C

Rehab people are great! I was there after total hip replacement and had a wonderful experience.

January 17, 2018

By R B

My husband was there for over one month. We both felt that he was blessed with his physical therapist. She worked very diligently with him and used every minute of time to help him meet his goals.

January 12, 2018

By J H

Great facility. Staff was exceptionally nice, they were all trying very hard to speed my recovery. It was a very pleasant experience.

January 12, 2018

By R K

My stay was fantastic. Nurses, aides and therapists were very accommodating and did a great job to get me better. I am much improved now after therapy.

January 09, 2018

By EN

I heard this facility had a very good reputation, and rightfully so! Staff had a great attitude, they treated me with attention and respect. Therapy was wonderful, they really helped me get better after surgery.

December 14, 2017

By Va V

I was a patient there recently. Staff is kind and considerate, everything gets done. Nursing care is great, Rehab - fantastic. I used to work at HSS and was really amazed and very pleased with my stay.

December 14, 2017

By G W

I came to MMW after a major accident and surgery, unable to move and unsure about my future. MMW was very good for me – I had a wonderful stay and met many wonderful people. The entire Rehab team was terrific. I left a different person, back to walking again and even walking up the stairs. The progress I made during my stay at MMW is a miracle!

December 08, 2017

By EF

I am grateful for the exemplary care I received from MMW rehab therapists, doctor and nursing staff. It had been a very difficult time for me, but it could have been much worse without the dedication and expertise of MMW personnel. I admire the competency, dedication and genuine care of PT and OT. They were truly inspiring, encouraging, very supportive, and genuinely concerned. It is because of them and the positive atmosphere, I am happily home now, able to walk again!

December 07, 2017

By B CH

We are grateful for the care my aunt received during her stay at Mary Manning Walsh. The care, the attention to detail, and the patience of rehab staff was greatly appreciated. The nurses and aids were wonderful to her and our family is grateful for their determination and caring hearts. The goals accomplished through the work with physical and occupational therapists were reached, and my aunt is so much better than she might be without their extreme care. Thank you all for everything you did to get her through rehab and back home again.

November 08, 2017

By lila N

I am very grateful for the care they gave my husband while he recently recuperated at Mary Manning Walsh. In these times when businesses and medical facilities are automated and impersonal, this facility is outstanding in its intimacy and concern for patients. The whole rehabilitation department is very skillful and dedicated. His occupational therapist really devotes herself to her patient’s progress. Most of all it is the ambience that makes patients and family members feel comfortable and safe. In my experience of visiting friends and relatives at other nursing homes, which were always unpleasant and depressing, Mary Manning Walsh is the Ritz Carlton of nursing homes.

October 26, 2017

By Eileen A

I was truly impressed by the caring sensitive way the aides took care of my needs. They responded promptly to my needs and thorough in making sure I wouldn’t develop any sores. If I needed anything, they would respond on a moment’s notice. My nurse was concerned about my recovery and always ready to help and provide answers. I was blessed to be under their care.

April 27, 2017

By staysane

My dad was in this facility for a month for rehab and his health deteriorated during that time. We did our best to advocate for him, but it was difficult because the minute one problem was solved, another would crop up. He had a broken call button for two days; an aide who yelled at him kept reappearing after we asked she be removed from his care; understaffing seemed to be a problem. These are just a few of the issues we had. Communication was almost nonexistent: calls and emails were usually ignored. The one positive were the occupational and physical therapists--they were wonderful. But they could never make up for the institutional indifference and incompetence that pervaded Mary Manning Walsh.

October 26, 2013

By forget-me-not

Post-stroke, my mom had some major problems – they chose to treat only minor ones (OT over PT: "put the orange cone on the red one" rather than standing her up, teaching her to maneuver what she could; also failure to properly evaluate the "boots" she came in with caused Stage 4 Necrosis – left untreated, caused her to bleed if they did try to stand her up, w/ help; so they stopped that. Waiting for the dr. to treat foot – undressed, in bed, not going to other activities.... also a drawback. Aides who would "answer call button" – i.e., turn OFF signal light in room – but NOT attend to her needs (like change the long-wet diaper) – also a drawback!! Yes, parked, head bowed, drifting off to sleep near nurses station – common practice.

May 01, 2013

By cleverkat

Worst experience. Terrible care. Took in patients when under construction, no hot water, no soap, horrible care. THE WORST.

July 01, 2012

By Bollingg

While this facility is rated as one of New York City's better nursing homes you still have to be very active making sure the workers care about your relative. The brand new wheel chair with all options disappeared in only one week. At one time I had to make a formal complaint because no one would take my mother to the bathroom because the person assigned to said she was officially on her lunch break so it was to bad. The often put the patients along the wall facing the nursing station for hours with nothing to do. At least I never found any bruises or other signs of physical abuse like the other two places she was in previously.

September 29, 2011

By Dennis1

Despite being a traditional nursing home, Mary Manning manages to provide impressive amenities and projects a sense of luxury that makes the facility seem more like a hotel. Most of the common rooms (Piano Room, Pub, Cafe, and recreational room) are smartly decorated, with plush chairs and lacquered wooden accents. Activities for residents include movie nights, painting classes and talent shows. Being a Catholic facility, there is a beautiful chapel for residents and staff that is sometimes frequented by members of New York's senior clergymen.

Services and Amenities of Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home

• Spanish

About Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home

Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home is a senior living provider in New York, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home