Isabella Geriatric Center New York, NY

Independent Living Reviews for Isabella Geriatric Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Isabella Geriatric Center

November 11, 2014

By Mary101557050

I was able to visit a friend of mine at Isabella Geriatric Care. It is a very decent place. The staff is kind, attentive, and helpful. We were pleased with them. When I visited one time they have a program going on like music and therapy. My friend loves it. She is in a shared room, and the residents are not spending a lot in their room. They are more engaged with the activities.

January 06, 2013

By bill11

Other

DON"T GO THERE.My husband was humiliated and disrespected by the aides. One walked in on him in the bathroom and when he protested, said "I've seen him before." This was after REQUESTING SOAP IN THE BATHROOM.. On another occasion, an aide delibertely seated him so inconveniently that he could not transport himself in a wheel chair to leave the dining area Consequently he urinated in his pants. This place is a nightmare. They make there money in any way they can. A NIGHTMARE

December 03, 2012

By Mr. Swanson

It was very nice. They were all very friendly. The one negative thing was that it was not very bright in there. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but they might as well have had the lights off in there..

October 01, 2012

By gc369

think the facility was well maintained and looked very good compared to the other facilities I have visited. It was very large and had a variety of things for the residents to do. There was always staff around and willing to help. The outside was well maintained. Some of the other facilities I had been to in the past had an unpleasant odor as soon as you entered. This was not the case at this facility. The patient room was clean, there was no garbage lying about and the nursing staff was attentive to the patients. During mealtime there were staff members in the dining room, to assist in feedings. The dining area was clean; the food was fresh and at the appropriate temperature and someone came to pick up the food trays within a reasonable amount of time. Overall my visit with my friend was extremely pleasant and I felt that she was getting the best possible care since no one was able to be with her 24 hours a day.

May 15, 2012

By maiya

I really like this facility. My grandpa says that he feels great there and that the staff is really good. I have seen by myself that the staff is well educationed and organized. They pay attention to all of their patients equally. The rooms and corridors are well-lit and nice painted. In each room there is enough room not to trip over anything. Also, there is a TV room, where patients can talk and entertain themselves. They are good at making matches also, my grandpa has met a friend there and now he shares a room with her. The food is great, portions are big and yummy. Visitors can come anytime at afternoon and take a walk with relatives or friends if they want to. There is a park near, only for patients of the facility. It has a lot of trees, and paths throughout. I must say that if I will ever need care of this type, I would like to go in this facility.

Photos of Isabella Geriatric Center

Services and Amenities of Isabella Geriatric Center

• Detached Homes

Rates

• Hourly Rate: $23/Hour
  • Live In Rate: $234/Day

About Isabella Geriatric Center

Isabella is a state of the art 705 bed skilled nursing facility offering differentiated levels of care provided in separate units. Our focus is to provide each individual the opportunity to lead an enjoyable and meaningful life. In addition to 24-hour medical and nursing care, we offer a wide assortment of recreational, social and spiritual activities throughout our facilities. Arts and crafts, games, movies, and parties are just some of what you'll find on campus: we also provide pastoral care, therapeutic touch, exercise programs and a lot of intergenerational fun.

Our services include:

• Long Term Care
  • Short term Rehabilitation
  • Ventilator Dependent Care
  • Respiratory Step Down
  • Dementia Care
  • Younger Adult Care (ages 21 to 65)
  • Respite Care (Short-term stays up to 30 days)

How You Benefit:

Isabella's constant commitment to resident-centered care ensures that each resident enjoys our home-like environment and the wealth of thoughtful, personal attention that shows respect for choices, preferences and autonomy.

Short Term and Long Term Rehabilitation:

Our highly skilled and experienced clinical professionals work with each resident and his or her family to provide the guidance and care needed to ensure maximum recovery. Individuals whose care needs are complex and who require a substantial period of recovery will benefit from Isabella's Long-term Rehabilitation Program.

The rehabilitation therapy team and nursing staff provide a comprehensive therapy program that will help reinforce skills learned in our rehabilitation suite.

These skills would include:

• Walking
  • Communication
  • Range of motion
  • Assistance with daily living skills
  • Grooming
  • Dressing
  • Bed Mobility
  • Use of adaptive devices
  • Prosthetic Training

Our care team consists of:

• Board Certified Physical Medicine Rehabilitation Physicians
  • Physical Therapists
  • Occupational Therapists
  • Speech and Language Therapists
  • Rehabilitation Certified Nursing Assistants

Ventilator Dependent Care / Respiratory Step Down:

Isabella's state-of-the-art ventilator unit provides acute respiratory assistance to residents whose health needs require it, with an emphasis on weaning residents off ventilators. We have 20 certified ventilator beds, 16 respiratory transition beds and a specially trained, inter-disciplinary team of professionals to treat, monitor and assist each resident.

Dementia / Alzheimer's Care

Isabella offers a caring, therapeutic program for adults with dementia including Alzheimer's disease. The program benefits from a dedicated staff which includes: a program coordinator, head nurse, nursing assistants, dietitian, social worker, therapeutic recreation specialist and rehabilitation specialist. Isabella's program strives to support each resident's strengths and abilities, while maximizing a sense of security and self-esteem.

General Information

Secured Alzheimer's and Dementia Unit: Yes

Care for residents (living outside of a secured Alzheimer's unit) that have mild Dementia: Yes

Reimbursement

Private Pay, LTCI, Medicaid/Medical

Facility Features

TV Room, Housecleaning, Greenhouse/Garden, Parking, Beauty Parlor, Laundry, Computer Room, Guest Speakers

Map of Isabella Geriatric Center