Brookdale Lakewood

Reviews of Brookdale Lakewood

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Lakewood

March 27, 2014

By Mary80498850

My mother just totally loves everything about Emeritus. It says they have a retirement living, but it's all kind of tied together with their nursing home facility. I like it a lot better. It was one of the places that Caring.com mentioned that's in our area. They're brand new, very nice, very accessible to wheelchair or walker. It's very nicely located, too. They don't have to go outside the building; all the activities are inside. The food is the only bad thing, and that's the only complaint everybody has there. I only had it once, and I got a ham and cheese sandwich, and you couldn't eat it. I wasn't thrilled with the food. They had an art class that my mom really loved. But the art teacher taught two months and he quit. The room to teach the art in was just too small. They won't let the class move anywhere else in the building. Mom also goes to bingo, they have a music program that she likes, and she goes to the church service. She likes all of them. She just wished they would get back an art class, and hopefully they will. I like the care. The staff is very friendly, very nice, very caring, and very helpful. I like that my mom doesn't have to go into a nursing home. She's not that bad. But it's nice that she has the support of the community. I like the call button. If she falls, they come. They also help to remind her of medications, and they fill all that up. At 92, she doesn't want to get in the car and fill prescriptions and get her hair done, buy her own groceries, and do all that. I like that everything is in-home, and the service is provided for her. It's just wonderful. I love the place.

October 21, 2013

By Caring72951950

Emeritus is in a very nice location. I do like the facility. I agree with some of their protocols for falling and emergency purposes. They offer a lot of wellness programs. Most of the residents were pretty engaged when we went there and were playing bingo. The staff was very attentive and looked like they were involved in interactions with the patients that resided in there so that was really nice and very comforting.

September 24, 2013

By Karen69951250

We visited Emeritus at Lakewood and it's a larger facility which has much more to offer. They offer one bedroom or two bedrooms with a mini kitchen. I like the size of the facility. I like the size of the rooms and the different arrangements that they had. I thought that they offer tons of activities as well with the amenities.

Photos of Brookdale Lakewood

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

About Brookdale Lakewood

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

All apartments have kitchenettes and private bathrooms with walk in showers. Community is surrounded by wooded area and apple orchard for a scenic view although we are minutes away from shopping, health care, and the Chautauqua Lake.

Map of Brookdale Lakewood