Hilltop Campus

Reviews of Hilltop Campus

Assisted Living Reviews for Hilltop Campus

November 28, 2012

By Steve12

The United Methodist Homes is very nice and the staff is incredible. The rooms are very nice as well. Sometime in the future we might be able to use this place.

October 25, 2012

By LynneJ

Both of my grandparents were residents of UMH prior to their deaths; my grandmother in the nursing home, and my grandfather in the assisted living facility. This review specifically focuses on the assisted living facility.Hilltop is conveniently located on Deyo Hill Road in Johnson City. The grounds are well-kept, the building is generally well taken care of and well -decorated, and the staff is helpful and kind. I do feel that Grandpa's bathroom could have been cleaned better, though - it was not always pleasant to use it! Our main concern was that my grandfather would have a very difficult time adjusting to living there, as he was quite an independent man. We were pleasantly surprised to watch him flourish under the warm attention of the staff, and excited to hear of his many adventures with other residents (while he slyly displayed candy bars he won playing games). Hilltop featured quite a number of activities, and Grandpa happily partook in them all. He also often raved about how good the food was, although I cannot vouch for it personally!I would definitely recommend Hilltop to others.

October 17, 2012

By asdfjkl;

Following a fall, my mother was moved from the Sun Unit at Hilltop to the Star Unit. Hilltop is forcing us to pay for both units as my mother rehabs from a broken pelvis. The cost is in excess of $18,000 per month. This is not fair to a lovely elderly lady. They are looting her assets!

August 19, 2012

By karcher

My mother was moved to this skilled Nursing Facility from another Unit under the same UMH umbrella, I would rate the other facility separately because to me it's rating is entirely different and the care did not compare to the STAR unit. The care on this unit the STAR unit of the James G Johnston Nursing Home is 5 star, the nurses and CNA's are exactly what is hoped for when the agonizing decision is made to move a loved one from Assisted Living to the next level of care. I feel the STAR unit is an excellent unit and is highly under-rated. They know how to care for loved ones at any level of dementia and do so with skill, grace and pride, and they also consider the families. The unit is a dementia unit and sometimes it is difficult to visit because of the level of destruction the disease has imposed on some of the Residents. But that is not the fault of the staff on this unit they care for each Resident based on individual need, and do not discriminate, each Resident's need seems to be met. I recommend the STAR Unit of UMH which is NOT to be confused with the SUN unit at the Assisted Living Level, which I would give not nearly as positive a rating..

About Hilltop Campus

Hilltop Campus is a senior living provider in Johnson City, New York that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Hilltop Campus for more details on services and rates.

Map of Hilltop Campus