Holiday at the Atrium

Reviews of Holiday at the Atrium

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday at the Atrium

January 18, 2019

By Dale

Holiday at the Atrium was great for independent living. It fosters to anybody who will be looking for more of an activity and a social atmosphere. It had a big atrium and it had a nice feel to it. They had a lot of activities going on, but they do not offer any enhanced care. The rooms were very nice. I had no problems with it. The staff did a very good job. They spent a lot of time with us, and they were very personable. We were there during ice cream socials.

July 31, 2018

By Tony

Holiday at the Atrium was very disappointing, the residents looked like a group of people just sitting there and waiting to die. The person who gave us the tour was very accommodating and upbeat, she was trying to make the place seem bright, but it really wasn’t. We saw the folks that were eating there, and it looked fine. They also said we could stay there for two days to see what it was like, but we declined. Some of the amenities include a laundry area, a room setup for interdenominational religious services, and so on. The nature of the folks that were there just seemed really elderly, and the living units looked more like an old motel that was made up for someone to stay in.

Hi Tony, we are sorry to hear you had a negative experience at Holiday at the Atrium. We strive to help older independent people live better. Our residents are served three meals a day, provided scheduled activities in and out of the community, and daily housekeeping and maintenance is taken care of. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Take care.

November 03, 2017

By Cathy

The people that showed us around Holiday at the Atrium were wonderful, but it really wasn't what I was looking for. It was like a nursing home. I liked the fact that they have the dining room and it was like a hotel. They have activities and they take residents on trips. The staff was excellent, very helpful, very nice, and showed us everything.

June 01, 2017

By cm677721

Holiday at the Atrium was not for my mother because of the open area was so sunny; my mother couldn't handle that because she gets migraines. The rooms were nice, though. The other community had more of a homey appearance, and Holiday at the Atrium had more of an apartment appearance that was not that comfortable feeling. It didn't meet my mother's needs.

April 10, 2017

By Nancy132624

My experience with Holiday was very good. However, the apartments were small, and I did not like the coliseum-style complex because I was afraid of heights. The staff was very nice. There was an exercise room, and they played games, but it just not comparable with the other independent living place I visited. The price was a little higher than others, and it was about a half an hour ride away.

March 29, 2017

By Dawn421487

We like the location of the Holiday at the Atrium; it is not far from our home. We like the fact that mom has freedom still and she has her own apartment, not just a tiny room. We like the personnel; they are very nice people to work with. She gets to keep her dog, the food is fantastic, and it is a good location for her to be able to get to her doctors also because they have bus transportation. We had to ask quite a few times to get the shower head changed and a few other maintenance things to be done. All three meals are provided. They do the light housekeeping and all the cooking. They have a lot of things every month. Last month it was Mardi Gras, this month it is St. Patrick's Day, and a lot of their meals are themed to that. They do bingo, they do all kinds of different things like bus trips, they are going to the community college for lunch this Thursday, and they not only have them participate at the facility, but they take them out to participate as well.

February 11, 2017

By Michael662716

I toured Holiday at the Atrium. The people seemed to be very happy. There were a lot of people there in walkers, wheelchairs, and scooters. It was very interesting except they didn't have assisted living. Everybody was eating happily there, so the food must be good. It was probably the cheaper place to stay because it's independent living with meals.

November 22, 2016

By Robert553224

Holiday at the Atrium was plain depressing to walk into. The facility looked old; it looked like at one time it might have been a hotel, and they took the guest rooms and made them into apartment type rooms. The average age was 82. The healthiest person we saw was using a walker; this was an assisted living place and not an independent living.

Hi Robert553224, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Holiday at the Atrium take our reviews very seriously, and we appreciate very much your reaching out to share these thoughts with us around your tour. We also appreciate you taking the time to visit, and wish you a positive experience and the best of luck in your search!

December 16, 2015

By Chris117300250

I visited the Atrium, and it was very nice. All of their balconies face indoors, and the cleanliness seems pretty the same as here. I talked to a couple of people, and they seemed nice. I did not like their location; it's too far, and that's why I decided not to go there. Other than that, it's a nice community.

August 30, 2015

By Michelle102671950

My grandmother has been in Holiday at the Atrium for nine months now, and we love it. We like everything about it so far. It doesn't feel like it's a place for that kind of living -- it's more like a hotel. They have a church on the premises, and she does the church activities. I have tried eating there, and it's OK.

July 31, 2015

I visited Holiday at the Atrium, which was all glass. The brightness impressed me when I walked in. It was a superb place if you were looking for independent-living, but I wasn?t. The rooms and apartments were beautiful. The dining room was downstairs, and it was beautiful because it was very bright. They have transportation everywhere. and they have a hairdresser on staff. They try to keep the elderly busy. They have an ice cream social on Wednesday afternoons.

September 10, 2014

Everything in Holiday at the Atrium was wonderful. They have very nice brand new apartments. The staff was very helpful and easy to deal with. The food was very good. They have all kinds of activities like movies, games, and shopping trips.

May 30, 2014

Holiday at the Atrium is a nice facility. It was recommended to us by somebody. We went to see if we liked it, and we did. I like the atmosphere of the dining area. Even though they are enclosed, they have a sky light, so there is always light. The staff are very nice and friendly people. They offer yoga, exercise, pool, bingo, music; they offer almost everything.

December 23, 2013

My mom was at the Holiday at the Atrium because she liked it when we went there. The people were very nice. She had her own apartment with bedroom, bath, living area, kitchen and a balcony. The kitchen was designed such that she cooked if she wanted. Shewould sit and have coffee in her balcony. They also allowed pets like cats, dogs and birds as long as they were kept in your own room. There were various activities like exercise, movies, spiritual meetings, outings, shoppings, and they could also take you to appointments. She was comfortable there.

December 03, 2013

By Allan2

The Atrium is very good. They make sure you have everything you need as far as food and the physical setup of the place. The rooms here are bigger and the people in it are also very nice. I have no complaints about the food. It's been very good and they give you the main choice for each meal and then they give you five other choices. There was a lot of card playing and a movie everyday. They also have yoga and exercises like that. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday they have live music. We asked the people who worked there and the people who lived there how long they've been there and the people have been here 5 to 7 years and the managers are here a couple of years at least. I think it's excellent.

November 29, 2013

By Lisa48

The apartments at Holiday at the Atrium are very spacious. The staff are helpful. Mom has been there for eight months.

September 19, 2013

By March1

My mother-in-law's residence in Holiday at the Atrium is just beautiful. In this facility, they provide her three meals a day and some housecleaning services. Their food is good and they do have activity program for the residents. It is a very good facility.

Questions about Holiday at the Atrium

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday at the Atrium. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Holiday at the Atrium offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday at the Atrium exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday at the Atrium offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday at the Atrium accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday at the Atrium work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday at the Atrium

Photos of Holiday at the Atrium

Services and Amenities of Holiday at the Atrium

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday at the Atrium

Holiday at the Atrium is located in Schenectady, NY, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Holiday at the Atrium for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday at the Atrium