Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills

Reviews of Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills

July 31, 2016

By Indrani

Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills' staff was very nice, and the physical structure was nice. It was fine, and they provided a lot of services. It was a very busy and crowded area.

April 14, 2016

By GD2016

Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills was OK, but it did not "wow" me. It used to be a hotel, so the rooms were very small. The woman who assisted me was very nice and manageable. To me, it felt more like a nursing home because the residents were just sitting around, playing cards, and reading. They have a country kitchen where the residents could get snacks. It was OK, but the rooms were really tiny, and I know my mother would not like it there.

May 28, 2015

Our experience with Castle Senior Living was very good. They were very attentive, very nice, very social, very clean, and very caring. They had a social calendar. They had bingo, music, and outings. They had a library, and they had activities. We chose it because it was in the neighborhood. We had our mother-in-law there, and we were very happy with it.

January 23, 2015

By Romeo1

Castle Senior is very good. They are all Hebrew, and they serve Jewish meals. Wonderful meals from what I see. The room situation that I looked at was with a roommate. There is going to be two in a room. It is very clean and quite nice. The grounds are nice, and you can sit outside. You can't bring guests to up to your room because you have a roommate. They can bring them downstairs where they can buy refreshments. They have a lot of activities planned. They have physical time in the morning for about a half hour. They have a weight room and a computer room. It's very beautiful facility with beautiful dining rooms. I have some more medical problems to take care of, otherwise I would be there now.

January 01, 2015

By Mikey412

My mom lived at Castle for a number of years and for most of this time she had little needs. When her needs changed I had to deal with the Case Managers and Welness more closely. The Case Managers are incompetent and uncaring. They were not comforting at all!!! They were menacing to me and left me wondering how they could possibly have their jobs!!! No people skills at all. Some of the staff at Welness were competent but most were very lax. The Director is wonderful!!! She is caring and approachable!!! The Case Managers are disgraceful!!!!

November 09, 2014

By SunDaisy

My friend is a resident there. I've been visiting the facility for five years so far. I've noticed some issues over the years but not such a big deal until the past 10 months. My friend has had some real health concerns in the past year and it seems the wellness department and management has not done much to address our concerns. My friend was told that he should look for a new place instead of them the health professionals and management working to fix their inadequacy. Very unhappy and frustrated. I urge my friend to find another place to live soon.

January 27, 2014

By caring78246550

My mom has only been in Castle Senior Living for 2 or 3 days, and so far they seem to be reasonably good. I was very impressed with the staff. The people there were competent, professional and caring. Their services were reasonably pleasant, reasonably in evidence. It was good locationally; convenient to where she was before.

May 14, 2013

By Joseph13

Castle Senior Living is a very, very nice place. I would recommend this to others and the person there is very, very helpful. People are very friendly and very cooperative there. The place is very clean.

January 30, 2013

Castle Senior Living seems okay. I spoke to people there and I think the staff is okay. But they seem a little tighter to me.

June 12, 2011

By F4rrHero

Friend or relative of resident

My friend Paul is a resident at Castle Senior Living in Forrest Hills, NY. I often visit on the weekends to keep him company and catch up on his week's events. The facility is very clean and offers a lot of activities. Paul especially enjoys working with the recreation staff who arrange chess tournaments, movie outings, discussion groups, and gardening. Everyone, from the chef, who sometimes comes out to greet us while we have lunch, to the person at the front desk, is friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The amenities are very nice, Castle has a very attentive housekeeping staff that really keep the resident's room and common areas looking great. Castle Senior Living truly keeps Paul safe and I always enjoy visiting. I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

Independent Living Reviews for Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: 590-s-307

About Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills

Premium Senior Living Accommodations in New York

Let Castle Care For You: If you’re trying to find premium senior living accommodation in the Forest Hills, Brooklyn or Queens area of New York, our senior living community could work exceptionally well. Located in the heart of Queens, our senior care facility offers an Enriched Housing Program. Residents at our senior assisted living facility can live with dignity, independence and respect in a community setting with professional services tailored to meet their individual needs. Geriatric professionals of all disciplines provide compassionate, high-quality care. Each resident in our senior independent living provision participates in the development of his or her own specific care plan.

We are a popular senior living choice with elders who want to enjoy the benefits which supported housing and assistance with activities of daily living can bring, without leaving New York. Located in Forest Hills, and nearby Queens, our senior independent living community accepts residents from Manhattan, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Staten Island, Queens and the rest of the city (and beyond). Our goal is to offer every resident at our senior assisted living facility a combination of exceptional accommodation, a high-quality lifestyle and premium care. We take an individualized approach to senior care, designing personalized plans for assistance that are specifically tailored to the needs of each resident. In addition to beautiful accommodation, delicious meals and a range of healthcare provision, we also offer a full program of stimulating, entertaining activities and pastimes. If you want to enjoy some of the best care provision in the city, it’s time to take a close look at what Castle Senior Living can provide.

Geriatric professionals of all disciplines provide compassionate, uncompromising quality care to the residents living in our senior living community. Each resident participates in the development of his or her own specific assisted living care plan, tailored to their individual requirements.

At our senior independent living facility, we know that meals aren’t just about nutrition; they’re also about enjoyment. Residents can benefit from delicious, nutritious, kosher meals, served in our well-appointed restaurant-style dining room. We also have a private dining room available for family meals and special events.

We have low staff turnover, parking in front of the building and our location is stellar. We are close to bridges, the airport and the city.

Map of Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills