The Bristol Home

Reviews of The Bristol Home

Assisted Living Reviews for The Bristol Home

October 27, 2015

By Cathy113047050

Bristol Home was old, and the furniture looked like it came out of Queen Victoria's bedroom. Everyone was friendly and nice, but they had 60 residents and only one nurse and two aides to staff the whole place. I saw a lot of locked doors and things that needed to have a little makeover. The people had to share a bathroom, and they couldn't have any kind of coffee makers or anything in their room. It was promoting patriarchal attitude toward the older people. It's an old Victorian house that is over 100 years old. It's a lovely building, and there were lots of nice woodwork, but I didn't like the feel or the vibe I was getting there. They need more staff. They need to unlock the doors where they have a little store that's only open once a week. They had activities, but they were not presenting them in a way that people wanted to do them. There were no bathrooms in the rooms, which I think was bizarre. It's more like a warehousing of people. The dining area was big, but not very attractive, with big round tables. The furniture was crummy. It's about $1,000 a month cheaper than the one we visited. The residents who spoke to me were very nice, but it's all female there. The director who showed me around was very nice too and very young.

April 11, 2013

My grandmother was at Bristol Homes. It was pretty good. I liked it but you had to be able to go to the bathroom by yourself. My grandmother is 98 with dementia so she's not able to do that for herself so we had to put her in a nursing home. But Bristol Homes was clean and it seemed that the people were caring. They had good meals.

November 20, 2012

By rizz

When I first drove up to Bristol Home, I was very impressed by how neat and tidy the surrounding were. There was also a beautiful court yard where several of the residents were setting. When I walked in, I was even more impressed. I was greeted by very nice and helpful staff members. The sitting room was so clean and well decorated. The thing that really won me over with Bristol Home was the staff. I think they have a real understanding of the need for people to still feel independent. I never felt like my grandmother or my family was being talked down to or treated like a burden. Each time I was there I saw people playing cards, listening to music and just gossiping. One thing they need to improve is their laundry, they should be very careful with the delicate ones. The occupants that I observed seemed very happy and had only good things to say about the facility. One person spoke of the wonderful food quality and options that they have. I was surprised to see a menu with a variety of detailed options. The facility is doing a noble job of looking after our loved ones. Thumbs up and keep it up.

Costs for The Bristol Home

Photos of The Bristol Home

Services and Amenities of The Bristol Home

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Private Room With A Shared Bath Or Private Room With A Bath

• General Store

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: 15:1
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 240-E-004

About The Bristol Home

The Bristol Home has been operating since 1868 and continues to provide a unique and exceptional environment exclusively for women. The Bristol Home is licensed by the New York State Department of Health as an Assisted Living Residence and as an Adult Care Facility. Our residence is a small Victorian home offering all of the amenities of assisted living including medication management, home cooked meals served waitress style, supervision and assistance with personal care and a great compliment of activities. Housekeeping, laundry service, assistance with coordination of medical services, personal assistance with daily living, and case management are also provided at our facility.

The tradition of Bristol Home offers a convenient and homelike setting unmatched by any other facility of its kind in the area.

Map of The Bristol Home