RiverSpring Health

Reviews of RiverSpring Health

Nursing Home Reviews for RiverSpring Health

April 14, 2016

By pnyguy6711

We brought my mom from the hospital following her illness. They told us this place is the best. Hardly the truth. The admission process was a nightmare. Nobody was there to greet us. We got to the lobby and waited for 30 mins for someone to show up. When they did they rushed us upstairs of it took another 2 hours before someone came to the room. My mother was hungry but there was no food offered. As it was a Friday evening, nothing was done until Monday, no therapy which was what she was there for. Call bells went unanswered and staff for curt and at times rude. They missed mom's changing physical health for almost 2 days (despite our insistence that something was wrong) and it put her back in the hospital. They kept trying to tell me that hospitalization was not necessary. We then went to the other Jewish Home in Manhattan which was a far better experience. Maybe less money on the grounds and the art and more money on better qualified staff who care. I would never recommend this place.

February 17, 2016

By Manhattan12

Based on our experiences with this nursing home we would assign it a rating of adequate, but with caveats. There were frequent occasions when we were confronted by a number of problems, issues and incidents, many of which were serious and preventable but occurred due to what appeared to be a significant lack of adequate administrative/managerial oversight, and monitoring as well as not holding staff accountable. The standard operating procedure of management is to take a defensive stance when issues were brought to their attention resulting in the continuation of the status quo. Not a good situation for building a trusting and collaborative relationship or bringing about positive change.

November 03, 2014

I visited Hebrew Home for my parent. My impression of this place was mostly positive, but there were few drawbacks. The rooms were small, and there were no closet space at all. The distance between the residential areas and the living and activity area was way too far for a 91-year-old woman to walk. Also you can't have wheelchairs there. Even if you just use it occasionally, you can't have a wheelchair on the grounds. The surrounding was physically beautiful, but it didn't meet our needs. The staff was pretty good though. They did have lots of activities. They did have every amenity that they could think of for older people. However, the dining area was small and restrictive to just one section of the floor, which discourages social interaction. It was almost isolated. I would recommend this community for someone who can live in small hotel room, but for someone who is used to a larger space, no.

November 21, 2013

By Yvette4

Actually we're waiting for a bed to be available at Hebrew Home. It was a very large facility. They have lots of lawns and greenery there, so they were able to walk around. It was a very tranquil place. They also have like a large balcony which faces the river. It was really pretty and very nice. They have many activities for the patients. They have a gymnasium and a pool, and the list of things they have for the elderly there just goes on and on. It was a very active community.

October 29, 2013

By ptlwn09

My mother was a resident here for eight years and received excellent care. She was always invoved in some type of activity program and made many friends. The staff treated her with kindness and respect. There was only one incident when a nurse was rude to her and it was quickly handled by social service. When she died though, her belongings were place in trash bags and stored in a closet on her unit. Not one staff member expressed their condolences to my family as we gathered up her last years in those plastic bags.

August 29, 2012

By JamesR

The Hebrew Home at Riverdale is a great place. It is certainly among the best of the various assisted living facilities in the greater New York area. I visited the Hebrew Home to look for an assisted living facility for my mother. I should say that although I decided to put my mother in a different assisted living center, I felt nothing but positive vibes from the Hebrew Home. The staff there were very friendly and polite. The people I met who lived there seemed to be in good spirits and had good things to say about the place and the workers. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and very well kept, and the hallways were nice and clean. Overall I was quite impressed with the Hebrew Home at Riverdale, and rate it a 4 out of 5. If you have a relative who would benefit from assisted living, I highly recommend that you take a look at the Hebrew Home.

June 27, 2012

By amlk384

The facilities were as nice as could be expected for this sort of home. There were many activities for the residents, regardless of their capabilities. For example, my grandmother who at the time was blind, hard of hearing and in a wheelchair, along with other medical conditions, was still always busy and enjoying herself learning how to use a computer, various arts and crafts including pottery and painting, singing and piano playing, watching television, local trips, and various other special events. The food services were good and I enjoyed eating there quite often. It is a premiere Jewish assisted living facility and as such there are regular services as well as services for all Jewish holidays.

November 21, 2011

By Jessie2

This place is well run and attentive to my mother's needs. They call if there is an issue and are responsive to my questions and concerns.

September 21, 2011

By EllenC.

Other

This has to be the most beautiful nursing home I have ever seen! Both the interior and exterior are beautiful. The interior feels more like a hotel rather than a nursing home. It is very spacious with a lot of room for roaming, sitting and relaxing in. It does not have the feel of a healthcare facility, because the interior lights are somewhat dimmed, which makes the atmosphere seem more relaxed. One resident that I spoke with, was very happy with her living conditions. The food is okay, everything is Kosher. Outside the facility, there is a patio area where residents can sit when the weather is nice. Overall, this facility looks and feels more like a small resort rather than a nursing facility.

July 21, 2011

By JMFriedman

Other

The grounds are beautiful - it's right near the Hudson river. There's lots of walking paths and gardens and it's very nice. It's probably about a couple blocks from Johnson Avenue, which is sort of the main business area in Riverdale and there are supermarkets, shops, and restaurants there. The common areas are very nice. They have a big lounge with large TVs. Each floor has a lounge, and there are eight floors. The food there seems to be ok. They have a lot of activities, including bingo and trivia. It's a very big place, so there are hundreds of staff. For the most part, the staff is pretty good, but there are a few who are less good. There's a central telephone number that residents can call if they want to make a complaint, and the facility claims to investigate every complaint. The rooms tend to be average-size. There is a fair amount of parking for visitors. There also seems like a lot of people who don't want to be there, some of them who are just there to be rehabbed.

Photos of RiverSpring Health

About RiverSpring Health

The Terrace at Riverdale

Assisted Living Program

Living Comfortably with Support

The Terrace at Riverdale is a premier assisted living residence for older adults offering the best of both worlds -- Independence along with extra support and personal care services. By providing the right mix of gracious living, generous services and amenities, we are sure will help you continue a happy, healthy lifestyle. The Terrace offers private, comfortable and well-appointed rooms in a wonderful and supportive home-like environment. We are located on a secure, gated campus consisting of 32 beautiful acres on the Hudson River.

Our Assisted Living community is designed to provide its residents the help they may need with basic activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, dressing, and medication assistance. And, we hope to bridge the gap between much wanted independence, recreation and social activities with the ability to be in a supportive environment where extra care is available.

Our Staff Is There for You and Your Family

The most important resource you can count on is our caring and nurturing staff. From the time you move in with us, our dedicated, skilled staff is planning and working to keep you healthy and socially engaged. They are there to make a concerted effort to help you maintain as much independence as possible. We understand the needs of our residents and their families and are there when you need us.

We Take Care of It For You

We know that every little bit helps. Our goal is to make your life easier and to go beyond your expectations. That's why all the daily services to help you live carefree and healthy are included in our assisted living.

• 3 Kosher Meals served daily - Special dietary needs accommodated
  • Daily nutritious snacks
  • Personal care assistance with things like dressing, bathing and grooming and more
  • Access to medical services
  • On site nursing services
  • Weekly Housekeeping
  • Laundry
  • Emergency Call Assistance
  • 24-hour supervision and security

We Commit to the Best Experience You Can Have

Provide warm, nurturing care while enhancing independence and dignity is what we are all about. We seek to make a positive impact every day in the lives of all of the residents and individuals we serve throughout the community. On our campus, we provide care in a warm, homelike environment and in a manner that allows aging adults to live, learn and flourish with ease and grace.

Life is Active and Full of Possibilities Here

A beautiful property located right on the Hudson River coupled with places to go and things to do, give you many opportunities to make your living with us, the most eventful and enjoyable it can be!

• Located right in Riverdale, we are close to shopping, dining and local venues.
  • Access to pristine and wonderful outdoor gardens right on the Hudson River
  • Indoor pool and fitness center
  • Full schedule of exercise classes and activities
  • Full range of daily activities like art, movies, cultural and learning activities, lectures, music concerts and more.
  • Dedicated computer room with full Internet access so you can keep in touch, learn, research and keep yourself up to date
  • Library for your use with a large array of reading possibilities
  • Full service River Café offers snacks, coffee and lunch items or just conversation with some friends.
  • Comfortable lounges with televisions and multiple areas to relax throughout our property
  • Historical art museum along with over 5,000 pieces of art to learn about and enjoy

We offer a full range of financial options:

• Private Pay
  • Long Term Care insurance
  • Medicaid. We are a New York State approved Medicaid provider

Contact Us Today, Schedule a Visit or Just Call to Find Out More

The Hebrew Home at Riverdale is an internationally recognized non-profit Senior service organization that provides older adults of all faiths with exceptional care.

Map of RiverSpring Health