Brookdale Santa Fe

Reviews of Brookdale Santa Fe

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Santa Fe

March 18, 2016

By M. Lee

My dad moved to Brookdale of SF in July, 2015. He is coming up on a year. Frankly, for the cost, he has been very dissatisfied. The food is subpar, verging on unhealthy, the cleaning crew is overworked and understaffed, and the facility in general is in need of upgrades. The rooms are decent, but in my father's, the cooling system was underpowered for the space. Maybe it's the classic case of big business being aloof to the needs and wants of their clients because, after all, they aren't exactly going to revolt and move out. How can they? Most are physically unable. But my father will. It won't be easy, but he will move to a better place. One plus: the staff was/is generally client centered, but the administration I'm sure feels the budgetary pressures of the out of state bosses and cuts corners where they can. Assisted living has become big business.

October 08, 2015

By seth1905

My mother has been a resident at brookdale for a few years and she loves it.The staff is very courteous she loves to go to the fabulous dining area in the brookdale Mary,Jerry always are very polite to her she always mentions them to me on our conversations.Highly recommended for others.

June 06, 2015

By William107205550

I visited Ponce de Leon, and I didn't care for it because I found it a little dated, dirty, and dark. I just took a tour of the facility a couple of months ago. The people were friendly. But it seemed a little staged because I had an appointment on the tour. So they had a lot of colorful seniors in different areas. I just got that feeling. A lot of facilities do that trying to put on their best face, which is normal. It just seemed a little dated as far as the facility itself. It had that kind of an institution type feel to it to me. I'm 62 so I'm not really young, and I don't get freaked out by places like that, but I have been to a lot of different ones over the years for my dad and different people. It didn't seem that clean or well lit. It was kind of dark and dingy. They showed me a room with a huge stain at the carpet. They assured me that if they can't get the stain out that they most likely replace the carpet. I just wasn't really impressed with that facility at all for my mother. They were friendly, but when I went on the tour, there were certain staff member in certain areas almost waiting for me. They were kind of overly friendly, so it seemed to me like it was a staged tour. I went to a couple of nursing homes back east and it was like that, but as soon as you left, all those friendly people disappeared, and your father is left with different people altogether.

We apologize that your tour of Ponce De Leon did not meet your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident. We will review and share your feedback with our management team.

January 24, 2015

By Kim101450650

I visited a friend’s dad at Ponce de Leon. I did not think his apartment was horrible or remarkable. It was just fine. I remember going past the outdoor area, and it was beautiful and very attractive. It was homey.

July 10, 2014

By JPL

My Mom moved here from a larger New England duplex one year ago into a smaller (1 bdrm) assisted living apartment. She really likes it and is very happy (even though he doesn't have access to a car).. The people are genuinely friendly and the facility is open and warm. There are numerous activities and a shuttle for residents convenience (shopping, bank). She has made some acquaintances.

April 21, 2014

My brother was temporarily moved to Ponce De Leon for a couple of weeks. The staff is good and they are attentive to the special needs of the patients. They have many activities there and the food is excellent.

December 16, 2013

By N. Thompson

My mother stayed at Ponce De Leon. The staff were really positive and very nice. The dining room and food were very good. It was wonderful and everything about it was great.

October 20, 2013

By Ms. A1

The Ponce de Leon had smaller rooms. I thought it was dated and they could do with fixing it up. I only visited once, but the staff was friendly though. It's a good location.

September 11, 2013

By June8

I visited Ponce De Leon and I liked it very much. Everybody was very nice. They showed me an apartment and they seemed very well. I would recommend this facility to other people.

November 20, 2012

By Phoebe 1

I thought Ponce de Leon was great. They do a wonderful job with the older people. My in-laws are both 92, and a number of their friends who are living there have mostly positive things to say. There's transportation and there are lots of activities. It's really nice, however, it's expensive.

May 07, 2012

By Pinonchick

The staffers where just wonderful. The rooms were shared accommodations with various toileting being shared by four beds. The building was clean, and attention was given to personal hygiene of the individual patient. One must be prepared for the limited quality of food, even though allergies and food limits were noted that issue was never attended to by staff. So if you can't eat something, you still may have it served to you or your loved one. PT, bath and other hygienic facilities are mature, but clean and staff works the patient hard and well with a good care plan agreed to with family and professionals present. And they are kind, patient and willing to listen to the patient/client. Activities are provided.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Santa Fe

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Santa Fe

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Spanish

• Licenses: Yes

About Brookdale Santa Fe

Brookdale Santa Fe provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Santa Fe