White Oak Vista Del Rio

Reviews of White Oak Vista Del Rio

Assisted Living Reviews for White Oak Vista Del Rio

December 20, 2015

By Jeanne31

It was a very nice, small community, so the ratio between residents and the caregivers was pretty small. I was invited to a meal, but it was breakfast time and I'd already eaten. They said that I could always come back. The dining room was light and open, not dark and in a corner or anything like that. They served me chocolate chip cookies. I was impressed.

August 27, 2015

It was a great place and if I am able to get my mother into an assisted living place, this is probably the place I would choose. It was a good facility, and it was a thorough visit. They had almost everything that I could think of. They had a lot of different places for people to go; there were movies and things like that. They have the three regular meals a day, and then they have an option for people to get other meals whenever they need them. They take people to their doctors' appointments, and they also have people that visit.

May 31, 2015

We found the staff to be very informative, and they were really nice. They showed my mom the facilities. The rooms are really nice, and my mom really liked it. She really liked the place. The food and their service were very good. The people were very nice. The place is very clean as well. I know they have activities in there, but I am familiar with them. They have a place where you can go watch movies, and they have a beauty shop. They have a bus, and they take you wherever you need to go.

May 12, 2015

By Caring106197550

One of the things we liked was that the independent can become assisted without moving to a different room. It was excellent. This is where I would recommend they go when my parents are ready. They are accommodating to the levels of care where it's different for the spouses. If they had different levels, they can still stay together without moving to a different room unless you need memory care, and even there, if one needs memory care and the other doesn't, there is an option for them to still live together and was a big plus. I liked the way that their activity rooms were set up and some of the activities that they had like an ice-cream parlor where people were sitting around playing games, and I also liked their any time dining and dining room options.

February 11, 2015

By Teresa41

The facility meets our expectations. It doesn't seem to be different from what we expected at all. They have a one-bedroom, and they have a studio type. They have their own furniture, TV, and telephone. Of course there is a bathroom and a kitchenette. The staff is very friendly. There are board games, cards, and puzzles for activities.

January 12, 2015

By Paul100336150

It is very nice and beautiful. It is just that it is in Albuquerque. It is the only thing that didn't work for us. We just opted for something closer to home. But it does have everything. It is a little bit more independent living though. It wouldn't really have worked well with my father in that respect either because he needs a bit more structure. The staff is great. It's just that we have to go with what works best for our situation.

August 15, 2014

By Viola2

I felt that it was very, very nice. However, I just felt that it was more of an adult community rather than an assisted living community. I just didn't see as many skilled staff helping residents as we did at other smaller facilities. Nevertheless, was a very, very beautiful place. As a matter of fact, I would like to go there when I get old. However, I just felt that this wasn't what my mother needed. It was very large and it had many rooms. There was more than one level. I just felt that I wanted something with a single level and something a little smaller. The dining area was beautiful. They gave you a menu to choose your own food. The day that we went, the only activity that we noticed were Bible classes. They also had a room that had a movie theater and an ice cream parlor. It was a very, very nice place.

July 25, 2014

They didn't have anything available for another week. I didn't like the location of it either. It's very close to all the interstates there. They were very accommodating. They showed me a room. It was the room that they show everybody, and she said they could probably move the furniture out, and maybe move him in there, but again it would take some time to do that. They were very friendly. I didn't see any residents when I was there. You don't walk in and see a bunch of people sitting right there in the lobby. They probably were out doing stuff. I wasn't really that impressed.

July 20, 2014

By Patricia87889650

I like it very much. The surroundings are just beautiful; it has a view of a garden. The staff was great. The rooms were wonderful. The food was very good, and my father liked it.

June 30, 2014

By William43

It is a very fine place to stay. I'm very glad I'm here. The staff are absolutely wonderful. They're very good. The food is excellent, too. We chose it because we had to work with what we could do with our money. The room is just enough. I only have a one-room place. I didn't get the two rooms. But it's totally sufficient. I've met some remarkable people as well.

March 27, 2014

By Kimberly7

It is a very nice facility, and it was set up very nicely for my mother, and she was very happy about it. The rooms were very nice. I think my only complaint was that the accounting people lost my mother's check, and so I had to go in and cancel her banking account and re-open a new banking account, and they offered us a special deal when we first got her in there, and then the deal was not reflected on her first bill. The people in the dining hall and the housekeeping staff were very nice and very good.

February 13, 2014

By Barbara78361950

It is very nice and it’s the only one mom would really love. They have a variety of activities available for the residents. They can grow plants outside and they have a courtyard for that. They can see movies in a kind of movie theatre. Their director of marketing was terrific. What I really like and what’s good for my mom was they had an open kitchen when it’s not meal time so she will have the opportunity to eat whenever she wants to.

January 31, 2014

It was a beautiful place. It was very clean. It had good food and the dining was gorgeous. One of their qualities that impressed me was that they had a crew that moved her in and we didn't have to pay extra for that. We just called and a truck came, took her stuffs and moved her in. That was really nice and big plus for that place. It had lots of activities choices and things to do. I really liked it. The rooms were nice. She was able to stay there only for a week and they allowed her to have her dogs there. She started out in a one-bedroom apartment because they didn't have a studio available and our goal was to place her in a studio, the smaller, the better. They only had one-bedroom, but they charged us for a studio price, which was nice and told us that if a studio became available we could move her in. We were going to move her to a studio. But her dog was tearing up the place and she wouldn't let anyone in to take care for her. So, we had to move her out. The staff was fine. However, I thought they were overworked. They seemed stressed out. They made little comments that made me think that a lot was expected of them and there weren't enough of them. The facility was also too big for her and they couldn't get to her quick enough when she needed help.

January 29, 2014

By Francis5

We went to visit and we liked it very much, but we feel that she needs more personalized care and my husband and I can give it to her. It's a lovely place. It seemed like they had plenty of activities for the clients that were there and the fact that they have the patio and they grow their own vegetables, it's beautiful. You can go to the dining room anytime during the day and order something to eat at any time.

October 25, 2013

My mom is in here. The room that we selected is adequate for her. The downfall is that it is a bit far from the dining area but it is clean. The staff is friendly. The lady that gives us the tour is very pleasant and she answers all our questions. She helps us through everything in getting her accommodated. Also, the executive director is very pleasant and she helps us work through the contract. They have a lot of activities for the clients like church services, bingo, ice cream socials, sing-a-long and exercises. It is easy to get to. Mom seems to be doing okay and she likes the facility.

October 09, 2013

By Frederik1

It's been a year now since I came here. I chose this facility because it's the best facility I could find. The facility seemed very attractive. I have a beautiful, magnificent looking apartment. I am quite satisfied here. I was able to bring in my own furniture and my computer. I have a beautiful view of the country side. The service is wonderful. The staff would bring me my medications on a daily basis. They have all kinds of interesting activities like music, movies, and shopping sprees. I would highly recommend this facility.

September 26, 2013

By Lovely Wife

It's quite a new place. It's very light and bright and pleasant although I must say that the people sitting around in the lobby didn't look very happy. The staff were very nice to me. I like the lightness, brightness, and newness of the facility. I would recommend the facility because I had a good impression of the place.

August 25, 2013

By David37

I find this to be very satisfying and pleasant and cheerful and friendly and fair to deal with

July 24, 2013

By GloriaV

It was the one that I visited that was the friendliest. I think they have a very nice set-up. I also have no complaints about their cleanliness. The staff there was also very caring.

Independent Living Reviews for White Oak Vista Del Rio

March 21, 2014

By Carrie9

I thought it was all very nice. I understand that in the future, they're going to build an assisted living across the street. And that interest me to be able to go to later. That may be in the works by the time I need it. The facility itself was just fine.

Memory Care Reviews for White Oak Vista Del Rio

• Vegetarian

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 10
  • Pets: Yes

About White Oak Vista Del Rio

At Vista del Rio, you'll find a tightly knit community with the support you need to lead an independent life. Enjoy a family-style environment that fosters physical activity and social engagements, including yoga, bridge, educational seminars and a resident-led arts and crafts group. Vista del Rio is in the heart of Albuquerque, near shopping, places of worship and major medical centers.

Vista del Rio offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance