Brookdale Juan Tabo Place

Reviews of Brookdale Juan Tabo Place

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Juan Tabo Place

June 25, 2014

By Lois12

Emeritus at the Cottages is where I want to be. I like it. Considering that it is a 4-hour drive from where I live, they offered me a ride and sent a van for me, and right away, I started feeling like royalty. The person showed me all the different layouts of some apartments that were available there. She even showed me one cottage that they also had, and I was very much impressed with the appearance. Also, the place smelled good.

May 28, 2013

Emeritus at The Cottages is not as nice as the one my mom is staying in right now. The rooms are smaller. A lot of rooms didn't have private showers. The first person that showed us around was very nice, friendly and helpful. But I probably won't consider this place for my mom to move into.

February 27, 2012

I am researching for a Assisted Living facility for my Mom that specializes in Memory Care. My first impression was that they were not as clean as they could be. Not to say they had trash all over the floor or something. Just dirty cushions and minor over looked housekeeping errors. I did have a lovely conversation with the sales rep. She was helpful & knowledgeable. What I liked most is that if she didn't know the answer to my question, She made sure she got it before the end of the tour. I happen to know that they are under new management and they had more vacancies than they wanted. I met a lot of the sales staff... I was a bit concerned that I never met with any actual caregivers. Before recommending this facility to any family and friends I would like to see them do more cleaning and cosmetic upgrades like cleaning the dirty cushions
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Brookdale Juan Tabo Place

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We have monthly all staff meetings that follows our Clare Bridge training program and behavior problem solving. Also our staff is to do continued monthly training on our learning management system and state requirements.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We staff according to our service alignment and care needs of the residents. We typically have 5 care associates as well as our clinical management staff during day time hours and around 3-4 during night shift with nursing on call.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Juan Tabo Place offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We follow the Brookdale daily path of living which we would "cluster" our residents by acuity and cognitive levels. We focus on 6 dimensions of wellness which include: intellectual, purposeful, social, physical, spiritual and dimensional. We also have our In-Touch program which is like an Ipad that is customized to residents preferences.

Our Health and Wellness clinical staff which includes our Health and Wellness Director and Resident Care Coordinator. They assess prior to move in, at move and regulatory or when change of condition occurs.

What techniques does Brookdale Juan Tabo Place use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We "cluster" our residents together with similar needs and cognitive ability and also can provide hand over hand assistance.

How does Brookdale Juan Tabo Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We hold monthly care meetings with families to discuss any change in condition and also partner with our residents primary care physicians to make sure all residents are being well cared for and needs are met.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Juan Tabo Place. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Brookdale Juan Tabo Place is in the heart of a residential neighborhood.

Is Brookdale Juan Tabo Place affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

NO, partner with all hospitals and clinics, agencies to offer our residents choice when it comes to their care needs.

Photos of Brookdale Juan Tabo Place

• Pets: No Pets

• Licenses: YES

About Brookdale Juan Tabo Place

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Juan Tabo Place