Bear Canyon Estates

Reviews of Bear Canyon Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Bear Canyon Estates

June 20, 2021

By Donna

Bear Canyon Estates was a very nice place. We went there under COVID restrictions, so it might be different when things open up some more, but they gave us a nice tour. The staff was very accommodating. They had a dining room, a pool table, a chapel, a hair salon, and TV availability.

March 21, 2021

By Jennifer

My mom will move into Bear Canyon Estates next week. We liked the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the facility, and the layout of the community. It was just friendly, welcoming, and easy to navigate. The cottage feels like a little apartment, and that was perfect for her. They have a variety of options. We were able to tour three of their options, and it was a hard choice. They allow pets, they have several activities, and they have a beauty parlor on site, a little store, and local transportation. They were doing a vaccination clinic for the residents, so we were not able to check the food.

February 04, 2021

By Mitch

My mother moved into the Bear Canyon Estates. She liked the view and the people, and she knew one of the residents there. She just moved in on December and she likes it. They all seemed friendly, and her room is very clean and very nice. Everyone there, residents, and all, appeared to be smiling, and in a good mood. They have a beauty parlor and an exercise room.

November 08, 2020

By Jose

I liked Bear Canyon Estates. It was nice. I only met the representative who showed me around, and she was nice. I liked what I saw. I would recommend them. It's clean and well situated. The room was nice; I liked it. They had a gym, a dining area, and everything that seniors are looking for.

September 16, 2020

By Nancy

Our experience with Bear Canyon Estates has been really good. We worked with Anna to get my mom in there and she was fantastic, especially in dealing with the COVID situation. They were able to get the paperwork signed without face-to-face interaction and took care of electronics and everything to get things signed and processed. The staff members were really good about us moving her in without contact with a lot of people. It has been really good and we've been really happy with it; my aunt is also happy with it. So far, they've all been very pleasant, helpful, they're positive, and they have a good demeanor. I haven't had any negative experiences with them, and so far she hasn't either. They were able to work with our budget. She had tacos the first night. So far because of COVID she hasn't gone down to the cafeteria, instead they have been bringing her food up to her, and she said it's been really good, it tastes great, and is filling. They have lots of options, and they give her at least two options for each item so she can pick her own menu and they come back with it. They have a few things going on, but you have to go through weeks of quarantine before you get to move around. A couple of the tenants there play cards, they have movie nights, and if they haven't gone outside the facility or anything they can do stuff like that. It's pretty neat considering the situation. The building was very clean, they're really good about coming in to hook up the TV, the walls were freshly painted, and all of the linens were clean. I have no complaints. Even outside the flowers were all landscaped and it was very nice.

February 19, 2020

By Patricia

Bear Canyon Estates was a very beautiful facility, and it's in a nice neighborhood. It had the nicest rooms that we saw, and the price was comparable to the other places. It was my mother's favorite. They had a beautiful dining room. The staff was very friendly, and we met them in the hallway, they spoke to us and smiled, and everybody was helpful and professional. They gave us a calendar of activities. They had ice cream socials, card group, a small gym, and things that they organize to keep everybody busy. It was everything that we were looking for.

November 18, 2019

By ET

Bear Canyon Estates looked very typical of a senior living facility. There was a large open space when you first walk in. The staff was helpful and very friendly. It was well maintained. It's nice that it's tucked away in the neighborhood, and it's in the upper northeast heights, so it appears pretty safe. It's a nice and clean facility.

June 13, 2019

By Michael

Bear Canyon Estates has three stories. They serve three meals a day. My mom is in a studio facility which is just one big room. They have washers and dryers for people to use, and a library. They have all kinds of things for seniors to do like play bingo, and people come in to speak. My mom has friends there now. The food is pretty good. They have transportation services for them to see their doctors and go shopping. My mom is in assisted living and they keep the residents from walking off. They have a nurse who comes in and administers medications. The staff is pleasant.

Hey Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope your mom is enjoying calling Bear Canyon Estates home and am sure she will even more new friends! If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

November 27, 2018

By Linda

We did not care for the food or for the regimentation of the dining times at Bear Canyon Estates. The dining area is a large room with lots of tables. First impression was good, and the place appeared to be clean and well-kept. The rooms were small and did not have full kitchens. Kel, the person who helped us, seemed very nice, accommodating and informative.

June 19, 2018

By WS

Bear Canyon Estates was located in a nice area. I didn't care for the food. The room they showed us was nice and had a nice deck that we would enjoy. They didn't have a workout room that I've noticed, but they have activities for the residents.

January 02, 2018

By Doreen

Bear Canyon Estates is like a 5-star resort. It is very nice and the staff is wonderful. They're always so fun and happy, and are ready to do anything to help. They have activities all day long, and Mom is doing great. They play Bingo everyday in the afternoon. The food is awesome. Table service is three times a day, and there's a coffee bar, juice, drinks, and snacks 24-hours a day.

May 06, 2017

By Ann440251

Bear Canyon was very nice, but it was more expensive. The dining area was very nice, and the people were very friendly, but I wasn't crazy about it. Their menu wasn't as good, and the choices were not as varied. They had very nice courtyard. The residents were well taken care of, and they're happy.

May 06, 2017

By Robert320542

Bear Canyon Estates had everything that we were looking for. We're pretty impressed with it. We went into a couple of the units, one in particular that they were preparing for another couple to move into. They were cleaning it, and they were doing an excellent job in getting it ready, which to me was a biggie. The place is also right up next to the mountain, so you're going to get the breezes from the mountain, which is a big plus too. It's just a nice, pleasant place to be.

April 26, 2017

By Jeanne757585

Bear Canyon was really nice and had plenty of activities. I really liked it. The rooms were elegant. I was extremely amazed with the people.

April 25, 2017

By Shaba

I liked everything about Bear Canyon Estates. It seemed like it would be an ideal place for me. The food was very good, and I liked everybody there. It was a very nice place. When I visited, they had something for St. Patrick's Day. They had a lot of entertainment and games while I was there. It was very lively. I liked the idea of the washing machines outside. Everything was perfect.

April 14, 2017

By Larry006132

My visit at Bear Canyon Estates went very well. They showed me a studio and a 1-bedroom, and then I had lunch there. Lunch was very good; the food was excellent. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. It is mainly an independent living place. You can arrange for assisted living, but basically you have to bring in someone from the outside to do the assisted living work. They have a computer room and very good workout equipment.

November 24, 2016

By Janice571153

The people at Bear Canyon Estates were very nice. I saw the dining area and some of the rooms. It had a chapel which was important for my mother. It was in a developed area with a lot of trees and good views of the mountains. It was very pretty and very clean.

November 01, 2016

By Alicia341517

I thought Bear Canyon Estates was great. It was clean, attractive, and welcoming. I was impressed. It seemed like they had a very nice facility. The clients seemed happy and were outgoing, and the staff was very good.

October 20, 2016

By James884548

We moved our mom into Bear Canyon Estates. We like the personnel that are there. We like the fact that all the rooms have balcony spaces because my mom likes the outdoors, so that works pretty well for her. The price is in our market. It is also convenient to all of us. They have a lot of activities for the people that are there. They offer transportation services. I eat there several times with my mom, and the food is very good. She likes the food a lot. She complements it all the time. The people there are more independent. I think it is considered as an independent living facility, and we like it that. Someone is preparing their food. They come in, clean the apartment, and do her linen. They do other things. It fits my mom very well right now.

September 30, 2016

By Beverly415385

Bear Canyon Estates was very good. Their independent living quarters were separate from the main building, like a cabin. They were very nice. I liked the place because it had a regular cooking range and everything that you would need in an apartment. However, the meals would be served daily over in the main building. In good weather, that would be really fine, but if it was snowing or really cold, going three times a day for meals would be a little much. Other than that, it was a lovely, clean-looking place. The staff was exceptionally nice, and the price wasn't that bad. I did have a meal there, and there was some entertainment that night. Everybody was accommodating.

September 30, 2016

By Bet104

Bear Canyon Estates was very nice, but it was only independent-living. They did not have anything else to offer. If the person is still on their feet, can move around, can feed, shower, and can perform all the activities of daily living, it’s a wonderful place. It was beautifully set up. It was clean and very well maintained. The grounds were lovely. The apartment that we looked at seemed to be very nice. Nice views of the mountains, and the people were very nice. They gave us a nice tour and invited us to stay and have lunch.

August 17, 2016

By Steven060224

My father was a resident of Bear Canyon for five years. He had a lot friends, and they gave him a lot of freedom. He had a tiny room, but they didn’t charge very much, and it was probably cheaper than most places. A lot of his friends were older like him who had been to other places, and they told me that they were very happy there. The facility was large with about 140 units and immaculate. They had a shuttle service, entertainment, and celebrated holidays.

June 10, 2016

By Karen805203

Bear Canyon Estates was very open and friendly. Everybody seemed happy. I liked the layout. When you walked in, the dining room was right there, and it was huge. They had a second-floor activity room, and you could see the second floor from the first floor. I just liked that it was so spacious.

May 24, 2016

By Pam525051

Bear Canyon Estates in Albuquerque was nice, and the people were very nice, but it’s a little far from my home. It was older and still nice, but the rooms were smaller, more expensive, and in a more congested area of the city.

May 10, 2016

By Philip16

Bear Canyon Estates welcomed us profusely, but their meal plan turned us off. They have three meals a day, but very slow to be served and the three meals are too close together. The atmosphere was positive. The apartments didn't have real kitchens. We simply do not fit there.

Hello Philip16, thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us. My name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts around your visit. We are so happy to hear you felt welcomed at our community, and noticed the positive atmosphere we've created here. Although we are sad to hear our meals did not work for you, we are grateful for the opportunity to have met and visited with you. Of course, you are welcome to come back anytime if you find our community may be a good fit after visiting others in the area - we look forward to the opportunity of being able to greet and serve you once again. Thanks again, Philip16, and best of luck to you in your search!

January 31, 2016

By Debbie119805350

Bear Canyon is very nice, and clean. The people there are very kind to my aunt.

July 20, 2015

I am in Bear Canyon Estates. The staff is very helpful. The apartments are excellent. They have activities everyday like lecturers come in. They have bingo and card games. They have everything. The food is excellent. The dining area is marvelous and beautiful. I like everything about it, and I like the location the most. It is very near to my family and convenient to stores. It is very secure and very clean.

May 31, 2015

I visited Bear Canyon Estates, and the staff was really nice. We did take a tour of their rooms, and their one bedroom apartments were really big. I like them, and they had good size facilities. She liked the people and the convenience and just the fact that she wanted to know how much assistance they would give her and the cost was. The staff was very informative when it came to what they were charging. We liked it. Their dining room is really nice, and it was very comfortable. It is set up like a restaurant where you sit down and order your food.

May 12, 2015

By Caring106197550

Bear Canyon Estates was very clean and bright. The lady who showed us around was very efficient and answered questions well enough that we felt we knew everything we needed to know, and she offered us a discount if we enrolled soon, but my parents were not ready to do that. It was good. We didn't really see a lot of the activities, but they were setting up to have a band in the atrium area that day for people to come and listen to, the exercise area seemed to be right there as you walk in rather than an exercise room -- which was one thing I didn't think was as good -- and there were people playing some little game where you toss beanbags into something right there as we walked in. That's all we saw; we didn't see a lot of the amenities.

May 06, 2015

My mother liked Bear Canyon. They provided meals and housekeeping. The apartment was a one bedroom -- clean, modern, and very nice. She couldn’t stay any longer because she needed more care.

April 27, 2015

By Steve104876350

We went to Bear Canyon a couple of years ago, and that seemed like a really nice place too. They were very friendly. It was a little different setup. I thought it was fine too. It was very nice and clean, it has a big dining room, we ate in there, and then we got to tour some of the rooms. It seemed a little more spread out, so a little more walking would be involved. It seemed a little more independent, but it was very clean and well-kept, and the staff was really nice. He had tried to call a couple of times for follow-up, but my mom wasn't ready at that time definitely.

February 09, 2015

The price and the services were the things that my friend liked about Bear Canyon Estates. She also enjoyed the food. They have activities like outings and bingo. As far as I am concerned, my friend likes the facility.

January 17, 2015

I enjoyed living in the Bear Canyon Estates. I was very involved, and I got to know a lot of people. The room we had was very nice. It was a corner room, and we had a view of the mountains. Bear Canyon is an older facility. It only had one elevator. The staff was very nice, and the food was good. They have a gym facility. The rent went up, so I could no longer afford to live in this facility. They had a huge turnover as far as managers were concerned too.

January 16, 2015

By Deborah100322950

My mother has heard the name of Bear Canyon Estates, so I went to visit just because she was curious about it. The staff was very helpful and very nice. The rooms were very pretty and clean. They had a full calendar of activities, but the only thing I saw was like a town hall meeting sort of thing going on with the residents where they could all raise their concerns in a group and talk to the director, and I thought that was nice.

December 30, 2013

By Pat43

I like Bear Canyon Estates when I visited there. It's a large facility. They have exits and entrances from the inside as well as the outside where you can unload your groceries just right outside your door. It had the dining room where the residents can go in and order whatever they wanted anytime. Their menu is a restaurant-style menu. Those were the two things that stood out. Their apartments has two-bedroom, two-bath, living area, and kitchen and it was large.

November 21, 2013

We rented a place in Bear Canyon Estates. They’re doing all the upgrades for us before we move in – putting on new bathroom fixtures and lights, painting and expanding the closet. We spent 3 hours with them and showed us everything. The facility is nice, neat and clean. They have food and different activities that we are eligible to go to. I spoke to a new employee and he has only basic knowledge but he was more willing to ran back to the office and get the information needed. Every time I asked him to go back to the office, he would walk up to a resident and would ask them how they liked the place and how long have they been. Most of the people we talked to have been there for 8 – 10 years and we are very pleased with that. I’m only concerned that the place is small and maybe problems with the people around.

March 03, 2010

By gst2010

Bear Canyon is an Independent community that is close to the Bear Canyon Senior center. I found the staff very helpful and knowledgable. The rates are very competitive with other communities in the area. The residents are very happy to be a part of what they call "the Bear Canyon Family". We found that they have several residents who have lived at Bear Canyon Estates for more than 5 years and some who have been here since the building was built. My mom has moved in and is happier than I have seen her in a long time.

Questions about Bear Canyon Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Bear Canyon Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Bear Canyon Estates offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Bear Canyon Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Bear Canyon Estates offer to independent living residents?

If Bear Canyon Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Bear Canyon Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Bear Canyon Estates

Photos of Bear Canyon Estates

Services and Amenities of Bear Canyon Estates

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Bear Canyon Estates

Bear Canyon Estates is located in Albuquerque, NM, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Bear Canyon Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Bear Canyon Estates