Arden Courts of Wayne

Reviews of Arden Courts of Wayne

Memory Care Reviews for Arden Courts of Wayne

September 26, 2015

By Caring111934950

Arden Courts of Wayne was supposed to be for dementia care but I really wasn't satisfied with it. My mother did not have the supervision that somebody with dementia really needs which is like false advertising on the part of the Arden Court people. My mother was continuously falling and getting hurt. She actually left there with a broken nose and we had a private aide with her round-the-clock towards the last few weeks that she was there. I didn't think that the food was very good at all. It was really pretty horrible, and I don't even think some of it was edible. They had eight patients to one aide. If somebody got dementia, there's no way they can watch seven or eight people at the same time. It should be at least a 3:1 ratio or 4:1 in a dementia unit. She fell getting out of bed one day. She had to go to the hospital a couple of times when she was there. She wasn't even there that long, only two months. It was a very pretty place and she had her own private room there. From that standpoint, it was wonderful. It was a very well-appointed place, but that's where they spent their money--on all the decorations and the material things. The people just wandered around aimlessly. My mother was not being well taken care of there. It just wasn't the place for her. Some of the girls that work there were really nice and compassionate people. I really personally liked a couple of them. They were wonderful, but they can't take care of eight people and that's not their fault.

January 28, 2015

By Robert Coll

I would like to take an opportunity to write a review of Arden Courts of Wayne. My Mother, who is a resident, is 89 years old and suffers from Alzheimer's disease. The disease is horrible because it is impossible to figure out and it just puts a loved one into another demension of time. Before the day she entered Arden Courts I was devistated and did not know how I could possibly care for my mom. The thought putting her in a place other than her home was heart breaking. I remember saying to myself "how can I do this to mom". While I still wish there was a cure for this disease, that is completely out of my hands. What I now know after having my mom there for only four months is that haing her live there is the best thing I could have done for her. Please consider the following information: She gets excellent care in a place that is spotless. The residents are treated like they are part of one big family. When I go there I am always pleasently and surprised by something. It could be a performer, a special snack (today they made popcorn), or maybe a game or a story. There is always something going on. A special thanks to Eve and Charlene who are the nurses on duty. They do their jobs well, and they put up iwth a lot of things which are generated from this nasty disease. Great job ladies. Alyse is the executive director, and Nancy is the business manager. they too are always there to help and answer questions. What can I say about Santa Maria? She really cares for the residents. She knows them all by their first name, as does all the employees at Arden Courts of Wayne, but her careing attitude is to be lauded. If anyone needs to find a home for their loved one wh is suffering from memory problems I must tell you Arden Courts of Wayne is the best place. Thanks for taking care of mom! Always, Bob Collmier

September 12, 2012

By KathyE1

Staff provides excellent care for all clients. Both my parents are there and we couldn't be happier with their care. I strongly recommend this facility.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Photos of Arden Courts of Wayne

Services and Amenities of Arden Courts of Wayne

About Arden Courts of Wayne

Memory care is all we do.

Arden Courts offers dedicated Alzheimer's and dementia care in a safe and secure environment. We take time to learn about each resident's life story and preferences so that we can focus on providing the personalized memory care your loved one deserves.

Our staff is specially trained in the latest Alzheimer's and dementia caregiving techniques for many types of dementia including:

• Alzheimer's disease
  • Frontotemporal dementia
  • Lewy Body dementia
  • Combination of dementia diagnoses
  • Parkinson's disease dementia
  • Pick's disease
  • Vascular dementia

We also care for residents who wander and who display sundowning behaviors.

Our structured programs and personalized assistance help each Arden Courts resident maintain their highest level of independence and promotes their sense of well being.

Arden Courts is an intimate and comfortable community with delightful home-like settings, socializing areas, dining and entertainment, and easy access for residents with limited mobility. Our enclosed landscaped courtyard areas and 1/4 mile of walking paths are perfect for residents to socialize, exercise and garden while being safe and secure.

Our all-inclusive monthly fee simplifies budgeting throughout the disease process.

Call to arrange for your personalized tour of Arden Courts and see for yourself the difference experience makes at Arden Courts.

We know. We understand. We can help.

Map of Arden Courts of Wayne