Voorhees Center

Reviews of Voorhees Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Voorhees Center

October 02, 2012

By RR1

The facility is understaffed and the staff that they have, aside from two particular nurses, seem poorly qualified to attend to the needs of the elderly. It was a sad place for me to visit. I estimate that they had close to 100 beds per floor with just a few nurses or aides floating about. For the residents that could get around, I suppose the place was what they made of it. But in the case of my mother, if she wasn't pressing her call button, then there was little or no attention being shown her. Many times when I would visit, I would see that she hadn't been looked after that day (or more). We found her sick and lethargic more than a few times and had to ask why this wasn't being addressed. Also, I think the outside medical / doctor's office in charge of seeing her on a regular basis was poor. The food was awful. It certainly wasn't anything I would have ate. However, the facility was overall fairly clean, and I suppose they kept my mother and her clothes fairly clean. The facility recently changed hands, and they did spruce it up with new paint and flooring. However, it's the care that matters, and there just aren't enough employees on the floor to take care of the residents' needs. To their credit, they have a couple of nurses on my mom's floor that are very nice and remained employed there for at least the past two years. But when they weren't working (i.e, weekends, nights, or holidays) or assigned to her floor, I don't think she was looked after at a reasonable level. It certainly is not a place I would recommend.

Services and Amenities of Voorhees Center

About Voorhees Center

Offering skilled nursing, medical and rehabilitative care for patients and residents. Whether for a short stay or for an extended period, our Clinical Care Teams are focused on implementing personalized care programs to facilitate recovery and improve well-being.

Map of Voorhees Center