Lions Gate

Reviews of Lions Gate

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Lions Gate

June 01, 2012

By Harold1

Our search for a retirement community is very complicated like the story of love. It's not an easy decision to make. First of all we like our home. Secondly we have certain criteria like we want the retirement community near to our doctors and still continue to see these doctors. Another is my wife would like to have a place where there's a pool that she can use almost on a daily basis. We visited Lions Gate twice and they meet most of our criteria. It is close to my wife's doctors and close to where she buys her food. She's a vegetarian and she wants to have organic food if possible. Lions Gate is mostly populated by Jewish people. We are not Jewish but we felt that the environment there is good. The problem is the apartments are situated in a large building and most people have to take a motorized car if they need to go to the people and other areas and my wife is embarrassed about that. She loves going to the pool and it's not easy to do. Their apartments though are large and I like that. They vary from one to two bedrooms and a den I believe. We would need two bedrooms or a room with a large den. The have full sized kitchen and laundry- these two are very very important for my wife. As far as the apartments are concerned, we don't have any issues. The problem is logistics-wise in getting from place to place. And this is also the same problem we have with the other facility that we looked at. We are still undecided about going to a retirement community. When you've reached almost the end of your life, this is one of the enormous decisions to make. There are so many factors involved. But if ever we are already decided to go, this is surely one of the places that we would like to stay.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (5) See fewer reviews

About Lions Gate

Independent Living with several choices of apartments and cottages. Priority access to Assisted Living and Nursing Care on discounted Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Lions Gate