Brookdale Evesham

Reviews of Brookdale Evesham

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Evesham

December 28, 2015

By Dorothea2

We liked Brookdale Evesham the best out of the place we visited because it's an apartment, so my mother has a bedroom, a living room, and a kitchen. It wasn't too much of a downsize. She had a full house before, and I thought her moving into just a room would be too much of a change for her, but she actually has space, and it's a beautiful facility. She has a stove and a full refrigerator, so it's a workable kitchen, and she can do her own cooking if she wants to, but there's also the restaurant downstairs that serves three meals a day. They have entertainment at least twice a week, sometimes three times a week. They play bingo and have a painter that comes in who teaches them how to paint, and she's involved in that. They have some games like bean bag toss, Scrabble or word-association-type games, puzzles, and things like that, so they have a lot of different activities. The food is not good; they really need a new cook. He tries, but he cooks very blandly and over cooks everything. She's just getting soup every night because she can't chew a whole lot, so she's losing weight. The other thing I don't like, but they are working on, is that they have a couple of aides that shouldn't be in this business. They're not very compassionate, and they should not work with the elderly. They got rid of one, but there's still a couple that need to go, and they should get somebody who does care about the elderly because they're a very different breed and require some extra attention. She's in there for assisted living, but they're not giving the assistance. She's in a wheelchair and can't get out of bed by herself, so she needs help getting out of bed into the wheelchair, geting dressed, bathing, and wheeling downstairs for the activities.

December 16, 2015

By Jim117931950

The people at Brookdale Evesham were very accommodating, very welcoming, very caring, and very helpful. We’ve been very pleased with them. My mother is very pleased with the food. She’s involved in a whole lot of different activities, and she’s enjoying herself. The environment is very fresh, clean, and pleasant.

November 09, 2015

The place is very nice, and the staff is very informative at Brookdale Evesham. They answered all of my questions. I saw the rooms, which were all very nice.

April 27, 2015

Brookdale Evesham was the one closest to me, and it would be much easier for me to get there quickly. I did like it very much. The setup was very homelike. It had a nice overhang when you would come up to the door. It didn't have that much of a parking lot for people visiting though. I found it to be cozy, warm, and friendly. It had two floors, and it was partitioned off nicely, so there wouldn't be more than 10 people in a room at one time. Their gathering place was bigger, but still very personal. The person that took me around was really good. They had a gym for physical therapy. It's reasonably priced. There are two people always available to go to, and that's very comforting to know.

March 07, 2015

The people were very nice at Brookdale Evesham, but the facility was much older on the inside compared to the facility we had chosen. It looked like a converted motel on the outside. It was like a building that had been taken over and repurposed for something. I do not think it was built with the expressed purpose in mind of an assisted living facility. It was not very appealing, and it was in a busy area. It is a good facility, but I would only choose it if I really have no other options. I think they should improve its physical plan. I think it is old, and I would imagine a lot of people who go by there would think the same thing.

December 17, 2014

By Patrick13

When I was walking through Brendenwood, the hallways were very long, and you would feel like you are in a hospital, but I like it because it was a larger facility. I didn't make an appointment -- I just stopped by that day -- and the head of maintenance gave me the tour; he was amazing. He had a lot of factual information. He showed me the room and the spaces are a lot bigger than the other places. The parking lot and the building looked a little rundown, but I know they were doing some renovations. They had some residents in the television room; it was spacious, and they had one or two pool tables.

July 19, 2014

By Claire13

Brendenwood was close to my house. My mother and I went on a tour there, and it seemed very nice. It was well run, and the people and the staff were very friendly. The rooms were small but nice, and it seemed like it was in good shape. We visited on a weekend, so there weren't a lot of activities going on, but they gave us a schedule and it seemed like they had quite a few activities.

July 17, 2014

I'm living in Brendenwood Retirement. Overall, it's a pretty good community. The building is about 50 years old, so you have quite a bit of maintenance, which they do take care of. As far as trips are concerned, there's going to the casino once a month. They're planning on going on a boat ride next month. They have daily trips a couple of times a month to different restaurants. They have different exercise activities, some basically on the screen activities, and they'd also have other physical activities given by one of the staff. The physical therapy department is very conscientious. There are several ways they could improve with the physical therapy equipment that they have. As far as security, you just get in and out. I don't like the facility. I would rather be in my own home, but that is a big difference. It's something I have to end up getting accustomed to. The food is fairly good, but as far as breakfast, it looks terrific. The other meals are a matter of taste.

June 19, 2014

I went to look at Brendenwood. The facility was nice. However, I didn't like the thought that you would just sit in an apartment and you were basically alone. If you needed anything, you needed any help or medication, you had to ring the bell, and the price went up $500 or more for every need that you had. My sister could never afford it anyway, though it was not a bad price.

May 20, 2014

By Colleen13

I am in the process of moving my Mom to Brendenwood. She is 89 & is presently independent. The facility is very nice, seems to have a great variety of activities. Everyone there seems very friendly & attentive. There is always someone located at the front desk, which I find comforting. The studio that my Mom will be moving into is very spacious, & the cost is Very reasonable.

November 26, 2013

By Irene11

Brendenwood was mixed assisted and independent. The room sizes were okay. They weren't too little, they weren't too big. All my notations say okay room size but I crossed it off the list because it definitely felt like an institution rather than a pleasant place to live. It didn't feel that way to me at all and my husband didn't like it. I have nothing bad to say about how we were treated. I doubt we would even go back there regardless.

October 16, 2013

By Jackie20

Brendenwood was my second choice. It was newer than some the other facilities that I saw and I liked their activities. They have choices that included some that I would partake. The staff was very good and helpful and their food was excellent. They've got good marks on just about everything to me. The appearance and the way everything was kept was the best feature for me.

Photos of Brookdale Evesham

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Evesham

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 15A000

About Brookdale Evesham

Brookdale Evesham provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Evesham