South Mountain Hc

Reviews of South Mountain Hc

Nursing Home Reviews for South Mountain Hc

December 03, 2012

By UnionTulip

The facilities were very nice and updated. The outside was also nice, but more parking is definitely needed. The staff were generally nice, but some were not as knowledgable as they should have been about my grandma's condition. The amenities were nice, there was even a hair salon on the 2nd floor where residents can get their hair done. The eating area was also updated and bright and cheery. Overall, a very nice facility!

October 03, 2011

By Juanita34

My grandmother was a resident of this nursing home for over ten years. She had Multiple Sclerosis and gradually lost the ability to move most of her body so she really needed the best of care. My mother and I would usually go to visit her two nights a week and sometimes on the weekends. The nursing home was always clean and quiet. During birthday parties the family would pile up in her room and we would sometimes go into the lounge with no problems. The staff was always friendly. We kept my grandmother at that home for so long because we liked the service she received but no nursing home is completely without its issues. I came to the nursing home unexpectedly once during daytime hours and my grandmother lay in her bed with a bowl of spaghetti all over the place. My grandmother could barely feed herelf so that didn't make much sense to me. Someone should have been assisting her. Also my grandmother developed diabetes later on in life and she developed a nasty open sore at the base of her back. My grandfather was upset because he felt that the nursing home waited too long to tell us about it. I give this nursing home a three because the spaghetti incident stays with me and I feel that more could have been done for my grandmother's bed sore - but overall the nursing home environment and staff were pleasant.

Services and Amenities of South Mountain Hc

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About South Mountain Hc

Vauxhall is a small town in New Jersey home to the South Mountain Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. While it is located in a relatively small town, it's centralized in an area close to several larger cities such as Newark (6 miles), Jersey City (11 miles) and New York City (15 miles).

South Mountain Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center provides several premier health care programs, including long-term care and memory care, and specialized programs have been created in multiple areas. Rehab/SMART offers a full range of therapeutic, post-surgery and rehabilitative services, including hip replacement, pain management, knee replacement, complex wound care, cardiac rehabilitation and several others. HeartSMART provides continuing cardiac-focused care in a post-acute setting. The revolutionary telemedicine system is called TripleCare. It uses video technology and diagnostic tools to allow doctors to render a pinpoint diagnosis virtually.

Stimulating the mind and body is the ultimate goal of South Mountain Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. The activities director has created engaging and stimulating activity options, including group outings, multiple games, movies, music nights and much more.

Map of South Mountain Hc