Seabrook

Reviews of Seabrook

Assisted Living Reviews for Seabrook

September 10, 2012

By Johnny Jones

My grandmother was a patient at this facility for several years. I actually delivered flowers to Seabrook Village during this time, as well, and therefore had a good view of the facility, including behind the scenes and interacting with staff.The staff was attentive and friendly, the patients were well cared-for, and the facilities were top-notch. Renaissance Gardens is the managed care wing of Seabrook Village and this is where my grandmother was cared for; but I also know a patient who is a friend of the family who lives in the independent living section.The dining halls are very nice, and the food is surprisingly pretty good. The residents of the independent living section can live in their own suites, so it's more like a hotel with medical care available on call should the need arise.The wing for more serious cases, where my grandmother was, was separate and the patients were separate from the rest of the facility (which is ite large, and has very nice grounds with excellent landscaping). My grandmother has very severe Alzheimer's, so her experience included constant monitoring and care. Nonetheless, she seemed to do well there, and I never had any reason to believe her care was lacking in any way.

June 29, 2012

By savior77

The apartments were very nice, with a relatively spacious living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, office space. Each bathroom came with a cord to pull that would bring attendants to your room if pulled for emergencies (they would be there in a matter of minutes). The staff also accommodated varying degrees of need from residents, from none to a lot. The facility population was large, and likewise there were multiple buildings to accommodate this, as well as multiple dining rooms to eat in (and a cafeteria area). One complaint was the food, which often didn't taste very good, one common complaint being too salty. The service and wait staff was excellent, however. Other amenities included an exercise room, indoor pool, and computer room, and there was even a TV show they filmed on site daily that would have features like weather and interviewing some of the residents. There was also a shuttle that would take residents to and from places like shopping areas (one of which was not far from the facility).

Independent Living Reviews for Seabrook

September 11, 2016

By Karen718663

Seabrook was impressive, and it was truly an independent living facility. It was a little too pricey, but otherwise, it was good.

July 29, 2016

By Jean872288

Seabrook was very nice. They had a very happy attitude. All the residents go out of their way to tell you how happy they are there, and wished they had come sooner. My son described the place as a cruise ship on land. They offer just about anything and the residents decide exactly what’s offered. If the residents felt they wanted a barbecue they have barbecue every Friday night in the summer. They have tents and they served shrimp and chicken, hotdogs and hamburgers. It’s a social thing. They have music and happy hour. It seems really good. The apartments that they offer are just so lovely. Everything is brand new. They replace everything for each person who buys in. I was very pleased and I got an apartment that most of my furniture will fit in and things that I want. I am looking forward to it. I have a very positive attitude for it. I haven’t live there, but I visited several times and everyone is so happy; nothing bad to say about it. If you stop the person just walking and you say I’m thinking of buying what do you say, "Oh, you can’t go wrong living here." My children are happy about it and they just think I will be happy there and they are very pleased and that makes me happy too. The first time I saw Seabrook they had a special day that they had us go around and we saw much of it.

June 28, 2016

By Joseph238185

I really liked Seabrook. I found it to be clean and convenient because it's only 20 minutes from where I live. The staff is nice and caring. The units we looked at were nice, and I found the pricing to be pretty reasonable. The staff was very friendly and more than happy to answer any questions. If we call them with questions, they get back to us quickly. They were very accommodating with the schedules as far as setting up appointments. They had prayer groups, tai chi, yoga, Pilates, an indoor swimming pool, a gym, and trips to the city to see shows, movies, beaches, and all kinds of good stuff.

February 14, 2016

By GrannyonTheLookout

This place was absolutely disgusting and disturbing, the kitchen area is filthy and they have aggressive employees! I HIGHLY recommend everybody to avoid this disgusting dirty establishment at all cost! They've recently experience a bed bug problem and won't respond to any request of help, please save your money! I've seen them toss loyal employees into the ground and higher corrupt supervisors.

August 31, 2015

The tour that we had at Seabrook was very interesting. It looks very nice, but it’s enormous and a beautifully run place. You have to walk through about seven interconnected buildings, from one to the other. They have a little jeep that runs around the property every 15 minutes, so you could take that. They had a dining room; we were in the one of the clubhouses, and the dining room is in the other clubhouse, so you have to take the bus to get to the other clubhouse where they have the dining room. We did see their informal dining room; they have a buffet setup and more informal meals.

March 11, 2015

I visited the Seabrook Village more than twice. I wouldn't mind moving there. I would actually sell my house and go live there. The facility is beautiful. I really have more friends there than I do now. The dining room is beautiful, and you would think you are in a very exclusive restaurant. The waiter comes over and gives you a menu, and you order from there. There are choices. It is beautiful, and I loved it. In the buildings, they also have little grocery stores because there is a small kitchen in your apartment. There is an electric stove, a regular size refrigerator, and a washer and dryer. You can't beat it. It's an apartment, and the only sad thing is that it is a lot of money. You get a living room, a kitchen, one bedroom, a walk in closet, and a huge bathroom. It is bigger than what I have in my house here. A lot of the two bedrooms go quicker because a lot of the families don't want their TV in their living room, so they turn the second bedroom into a family room. It has wall to wall carpeting. When we were there, when someone moves out for one reason or another, they gutted the whole place. They put everything brand new like new kitchen cabinets, new floors, and new carpets, so when you walk in, you are walking in to something brand new. Everything is fresh and clean. You can have a cleaning service or you could do it yourself. There's an elevator, and each section is called by a certain name. They have a lot of activities. There is an indoor swimming pool, a woodworking shop, and crocheting. There's a facility for people who have trouble seeing. It doesn't even feel like an assisted living. It is more like an active adult. It's just a beautiful place, and I love it. Everybody seemed to be very nice and very polite. They took the time to explain everything.

October 19, 2014

By daughterofmom

My mother is a resident of Seabrook at Tinton Falls and has had a family picture taken by someone at the facility. She had a picture of herself as a child from the 1920's with her family and it can not be replaced. My mother is heartbroken that she no longer has her picture and there is nothing that can be done to find the person who stole it.

March 20, 2014

By Barbara76751450

I liked Seabrook very much. I was impressed with it because it had all the things I was looking for. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I liked the fact that some people I knew already lived there and they were very happy with it. It had five different places for dinner. It had a fireplace in their family room. It has a bar, a beauty parlor and a post office. You wouldn't have to leave anymore for anything. They had a lot of activities going on and had every possible thing that you wanted to do locally. They also had trips to New York. They also have a day where you could downsize. They have a truck if you wanted to donate your furniture or shred your papers. They were much geared to what seniors and people moving in and what's needed to do and they strived very hard to keep everybody as independent as possible. I got notices about luncheons all the time and they served very nice lunches. If I was in New Jersey, I could probably go there for lunch every couple of months.

December 30, 2013

By Frances11

Seabrook was almost like a city. ItÕs very big and there are hundreds of people all over. ItÕs a great facility but it was too big; you had to take a bus to go from one end to another. The apartments are beautiful and they have a lot of things going there too.

November 27, 2013

Seabrook Village was the best of all the facilities that I've visited. I liked it. This would be the one I'm going to. The facility is large and they give you a lot of options. It's very clean and the staff were very courteous and very accommodating.

August 12, 2013

By kathycnj

My father has had an apartment at Seabrook Village for the past three years. He really enjoys his apartment and the surroundings. He has a one bedroom apartment that is spacious and well laid out. The facility includes many amenities including his bus transportation to dialysis three days a week and one meal a day. There are numerous clubs and activities that the residents have open to them without charge. There are three restaurants in the facility, a bank, hair salon, convenience store and pharamacy. The buildings and grounds are maintained impecably. There are gardens and even an indoor pool. The staff there has been very good to my father. He is experiencing some early dementia and the majority have went out of their way to help him. I would highly recommend Seabrook.

July 25, 2013

By HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN SEABROOK

My parents, 85 and 90 years old, respectively, have been living in the independent facility at Seabrook, Tinton Falls, NJ since 2008. I have been showering my mother at the Tinton Falls apartment since 2011. On May 17, 2013, I saw the expensive item in my parents' apartment. On June 12, 2013, I reported the expensive item missing from my parents' apartment. Today is Thursday, July 25, 2013. Although I followed every single protocol that was available to me, the Seabrook Security Team chose to ignore my truthful testimony that the expensive item had been stolen from my parents' apartment.

July 23, 2013

By Frances5

Seabrook was almost like a city. It's very big and there are hundreds of people all over. It's a great facility but it was too big; you had to take a bus to go from one end to another. The apartments are beautiful and they have a lot of things going there too.

February 14, 2013

We got a 2-bedroom apartment at Seabrook, and we're all set. We chose it because it's not that far away and we can afford the monthly fee. It covers all of our needs except for breakfast and lunch. But outside of that, they do all the maintenance and the dinner cooking. We're vegetarians, and they also have a vegetarian menu. My experience with the staff have been very good. They've been very helpful, they monitor the situation, and help us in any way they can. We've sold our house and we are moving there soon.

September 29, 2012

By BoltBill

This is an amazing facility! The staff really seems to care about all of the residents and the are taken great care of.

November 01, 2011

By Jomat

About 4 years ago, my parents moved into the Seabrook Village Renaissance Gardens in Tinton Falls, New Jersey. At the time, my parents owned a single family home in Brooklyn, which in time, became too much for them to handle especially after my father had to massive strokes and started exhibiting signs of dementia. They looked around for a while and decided on Seabrook. The complex is stunning. The buildings are nestled in a huge park-like setting. This community has just about everything you could want and/or need to live comfortably. The activities offered are top notch. These include trips, games, art, fitness centers, a pool and movies. The dining room is a beautiful and designed like a cruise ship dining area. The food is delicious, healthy and sometimes decadent. There is a Sunday brunch held where family members can join the members of their family living in this complex and enjoy a wonderful meal. The service is excellent and the employees bend over backwards to help make your experience pleasant. When my father had a set-back in his health, he was moved to the facility across from his permanent apartment which at first glance looked like a college dorm, when in reality, it was a well staffed hospital. They took excellent care of him and my mother visited him all day long. One of the downsides was that this facility was extraordinarily expensive. The facility helped my parents find a home-attendant who has helped my parents tremendously with my father's health, which includes daily insulin injections.I would say on the whole, Seabrook Village Renaissance Gardens is a positive experience for anyone in need of Independent, Semi-Assisted and Assisted Living needs.

September 29, 2011

By Natalie1

Seabrook Village has been a true asset to my family member's life. She has always been very independent and is able to still maintain that lifestyle while making sure her needs are met since all family lives out of state. She has her own apartment and can choose to cook or use their meal service, she still maintains her own phone line and even has high-speed internet. Medical services are also available and the facility is more like a REAL community (sort of like a college campus) rather than an assisted living facility. At this point in her life, she really is experiencing life at it's fullest--she still can be independent, but she knows she needs a little extra help. This helps all of us feel better and that she is cared for in a manner which allows dignity and independence but all know that a helping hand is available. I also think for her the transition was easy since she knew the area and also had lived in a condo as opposed to a house. Overall, the experience has been good and I would recommend this village.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Seabrook

Services and Amenities of Seabrook

About Seabrook

Seabrook is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 108 picturesque acres in Tinton Falls, New Jersey, Seabrook is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Seabrook offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to either of our spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and three restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a resident-run television studio. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Seabrook also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Seabrook