Van Dyk Manor Of Ridgewood

Reviews of Van Dyk Manor Of Ridgewood

Nursing Home Reviews for Van Dyk Manor Of Ridgewood

February 12, 2015

By Mary''sOldest

My mother was a guest at Van Dyk three times in the past four years for post surgical rehab. Prior to finding Van Dyk, she was a patient at Care One on Ridgewood Ave twice. When mother was in Care One, our family worried constantly about her physical care as well as her medical management. After her second heart surgery, we were able to obtain a bed for her in Van Dyk. On my first visit I literally walked into a wall while peering into other patient rooms on my way down the hall to Mom's room. The furnishings in the rooms and dining room appeared to that of a high rate hotel. In spite of being a medical facility, it felt "homey" and had no unpleasant odors of disinfectant or bathroom odors. The staff is friendly and responsive- it is apparent they enjoy working there. There are outdoor areas for walks and picnics- even an outdoor terrace with comfortable furniture allowing BBQ's with family provided food. The Van Dyk staff helped her regain what limited physical strength she could, permitting her to go home between various health crises and live as independent a life as possible allowing her to maintain what dignity she could between bouts of injuries and illnesses. The onsite medical staff watched her health issues carefully to prevent the possibility of bed sores or respiratory infections- the curse of our aging parents. Our family was extremely pleased that we never had to return her to another, less professional facility.

September 21, 2014

By Julie81

Terrible communication between shifts and departments.Non-existent activities. Facility is pretty.Physical therapy is outstanding. Supplies are non-existent and poor quality,doled out under lock and key. Go for the PHYSICAL THERAPY and get out quickly! Emergency care delayed by delays in communication. The WORST communication and lack of teamwork. The place is run for the staff,NOT for the patients or families. Constant parties for the staff.

September 10, 2011

By Marie Van Blarcom

My best friend had a stroke and couldn't go home right after being released from the hospital. I love my best friend and I needed to make sure that she went to a facility that would have good physical and occupational therapy. I looked at all of the nursing homes/assisted livings within fifteen miles of Ridgewood and I didn't even need to look outside Ridgewood.Van Dykes Nursing home is a smaller facility, small enough that all of the staff and administration know one another, but big enough to have all of the services that my friend needs. My friend was only in Van Dyke for six weeks and now she volunteers at the center once a week visiting with the residents and playing cards. If I ever need to go to a home I will go to Van Dyke.

Services and Amenities of Van Dyk Manor Of Ridgewood

About Van Dyk Manor Of Ridgewood

Van Dyk Manor Of Ridgewood is a senior living provider in Ridgewood, New Jersey that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Van Dyk Manor Of Ridgewood for more details on services and rates.

Map of Van Dyk Manor Of Ridgewood