CareOne at Morris

Reviews of CareOne at Morris

Assisted Living Reviews for CareOne at Morris

May 12, 2016

By CindyRYLEE

We’re going to hope for CareOne and wait for my mom to mentally say that she’s ready. Their dining area was set up like a restaurant, so it’s good. Their food was institutional food, but their staff seemed a lot better than the other two places she had been in. She was happier there than with the other ones, and we thought she was going to stay, but she decided to come home. They’re nice, clean, well-presented, and somewhat decorated so you won’t feel like you’re living in an institution. They had a lot of things to do. The price was fine. She’s 92, in good health, and has some dementia but she could live there longer than her money as they do have a two-year Medicaid waiver, which is important to us because I don’t want to let her go in, live beyond 100, and get kicked out. That was one of the reasons why we looked into CareOne. At a lot of the other facilities, you pay a lot of money and once you run out of money, it’s like goodbye, find another place to live.

November 30, 2015

By PL

We were directed around by Stephanie at CareOne at Morris, and she took a lot of time explaining the different programs that they had and the levels of care that they had. Everything was very clean, and the people that worked there seemed very friendly. The residents were coming and going in a common area. They were setting up for a friends and family event that they were having. It's beautiful. It just really comes down to finances basically.

August 31, 2015

My dad is in CareOne at Morris. I like that he adjusts to it OK. The staff is OK. There are some concerns overall, but they have been OK so far. The room is very nice and in perfect size. The food is very good. He is very happy with the food. I think they can improve in the relationship with the families of the residents.

May 06, 2015

By kk2015

Do not send your family member to this place.. I have had many issues... my father has dementsia and they have said he is combative...in the 8 mos he heen here I have never witnessed aggression...they have sent him out 4 times to hospitals for psychiatric evaluation...all 4times hospitals did not witness aggression...the Care one doctor and psychiatrist can not claim to have personally witnessed any aggressions ...claims from aids... my father likes to walk around and they find it irritating and an effort for them to walk him...I have pictures of injuries one needing 25 stitches also videos showing on multiple ocassions patients in day rooms without any suprivising nurses or aids. This is a poorly rated facility amount their own piers....

October 19, 2014

By jacknows

Nice place hides poor care. Nurses are aloof. Paints wait long periods of time needing help. Untrained staff. Blew off all my problems and requests. STAY AWAY!

November 23, 2012

By JR_DK1965

We placed my Grandmother at the CareOne Assisted Living Facility in Parsippany, NJ almost two years ago after my Grandfather passed away. It was a difficult time for my Grandmother, but the staff at CareOne was extremely compassionate and made my Grandmother's transition much easier. While she misses her old house, her apartment at CareOne is perfect for her. It has modern amenities (new kitchen appliance, new bathrooms) and requires minimal maintenance, which my Grandmother can still manage mostly on her own. The staff members are very helpful and are great at recognizing when Grandma need help and when she can be left alone, which Grandma really appreciates. Easily the best part about Brightstar is the common areas, like the cafeteria and multi-purpose room. They are kept in immaculate condition. Grandma also loves to walk the grounds in the spring and fall, as the landscaping is beautiful. With all the positives, my Grandma's one complaint has always been the food. While they offer a variety of options and try to create healthy meals, Grandma rarely likes what is on the menu. Grandma likes to compare the food to hospital food, but I've had a few meals there, and it is definitely higher quality than hospital food. All in all, I don't know what my family would have done if we didn't find CareOne. We toured a lot of facilities and this is the only one Grandma would even consider. It has allowed her to keep her independence but also lets our family feel like she has all the care she needs.

March 28, 2012

By Kluelis

DO NOT send your loved one to this facility. Management cannot control the staff. Lack of attention to resident's care unless you shove their nose in the issue. Administrator does not seem to "Care One" bit.

Nursing Home Reviews for CareOne at Morris

September 14, 2017

By MacN

Stayed at care one for a total of six weeks late 2016. Nurses for the most part were excellent. Therapists were excellent. Food was horrible. Too much noise to get enough sleep. Administration disgraceful.

November 22, 2016

By Faina

My husband was in Care One for one week. The facility was good and pretty clean. The staff was very good and very helpful. Everything was very good. The food was pretty decent. They had lots of activities there, but he could not participate because he was there three days after surgery. He could not go anywhere, and he ate in his room. Physical therapy was very good.

August 03, 2014

By Alreadygone

My mother went from the hospital to CareOne where she stayed for 3 weeks. The nurses, cna's, PT and OP people were excellent. The problem is not with the employees it is with owners/management who are more interested in making a profit than they are in properly staffing the facility. The place looks good but the hallways constantly reak of urine and feces. My mother was delivered a commode that had not been properly cleaned (feces present), was either given the wrong meds or they 'ran out' of her meds because their tracking system is not computerized - I was told they were "working on" getting everything computerized - hello its 2014???? I noticed a number of residents going out on stretchers - returning to the hospital. My mother is home now and we will never return to CareOne.

September 10, 2013

By MarkSilber

This is a preliminary review, after but 4 days. I hope to return and rave after we get major issues resolved. Entry at 11:30 on a Friday night couldn't have been easier nor more graciously accommodated. The facility appears top notch. Weekend staff, understandably, is without resources to begin anything, although they seem receptive and promise to review and administer to Mom on Monday. Monday arrives. We thought they'd have her out of bed and beginning rehab. Nothing. They even skip a meal or two. She lies in bed crying in pain. No one moves her. Her attendant seems angry, bitter and appears to detest and resent Mom. It's Tuesday, Mom hasn't been out of bed. We're hoping there's some mistake - perhaps arriving on Friday night, she's not been "admitted" into the program. I'm awaiting a call.

September 11, 2011

By cb

I have visited this facility quite a few times through work. The facility is neat and clean, the layout is easy to understand, and the rooms seem like hotel rooms. Overall, the feeling is very comforting and the atmosphere is very welcoming.The staff is friendly and attentive to patient needs. Often I have found that nursing homes look more like old hospitals and it is not very welcoming, but at Care One that is not the case. The nurses and aide staff seem to be happy with their jobs, which also is not the case in several facilities. They take care of the patients as they should.Overall, the cleanliness, the modern look, and the caring and bright staff make this one of the better nursing homes that I have visited.

Costs for CareOne at Morris

Photos of CareOne at Morris

Services and Amenities of CareOne at Morris

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: 60A007

About CareOne at Morris

Care-One at Morris of Parsippany offers a unique campus model that includes assisted living, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing all on our property, thus allowing residents to truly age in place! We also have 2 memory care neighborhoods - one for beginning and mid stages of Alzheimer's/Dementia and the other for the end stages of the disease. We are very unique in this concept but feel this is crucial as there is a vast difference between both stages, and these programs pay close attention to the different needs of our residents.

Residents enjoy:

• Beautiful apartments with a kitchenette (refrigerator and micro-wave) and large bathrooms with easy in/out showers
  • Three meals a day in a dining room setting and healthy snacks, our dinning room is open all day!
  • 7 days of exercise classes, activities, live entertainment and bus trips (NYC, Jersey shore) and scenic rides
  • Regular family nights, Casino Nights, Themed parties etc.
  • Housekeeping and laundry Included
  • Complimentary Wellness checkups
  • On-site healthcare services; 24/7 nursing and aide staff; medication management
  • Assistance with activities of daily living (i.e., bathing, dressing, etc)
  • Theater Room with comfortable seating
  • Large Salon
  • Cable and Phone Service
  • Common areas and outside patios
  • Transportation to Dr. visits as long as office is with-in 12 miles of our Campus
  • We participate in the Medicaid waiver!

Care One at Morris is a Medical Model Assisted Living Community. No minimum respite stay. We have a Movie Theater, Physical Therapy, Sub-Acute Rehab next door and much more!

Map of CareOne at Morris