United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen

Offers Continuing Care Communities

200 Bristol Glen Drive, Newton, NJ 07860
United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen (844) 325-8230

Reviews of United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen

October 17, 2017

By Thx

Our mother moved into Bristol's Metcalf facility four months ago, and she and family members are all pleased with her new home! Every day she enjoys visiting with other residents, going to exercise class (her aches and pains are diminishing), participating in Bible studies and book clubs, and socializing at the many activities. She says, "I could be busy all day if I wished because of the variety of daily activities". It's been a perfect fit!

October 05, 2017

By Richard

I was treated very nicely at United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen and I had a very nice time there. The apartment was immaculate. Everything was how one would like it. Everything was up-to-date. The place was clean, it didn't smell, it was bright and cheerful, and it wasn't like a nursing home. The residents seemed to have their freedom and they looked happy and content.

December 29, 2016

By Louis Mitchell

The best thing about Bristol Glen for me is that I have no worries! The staff is wonderful! I have lived in Newton all my life and I know that I wanted to remain here in town and be taken care of and Bristol Glen does that for me.

December 28, 2016

By Jane Hasengelg

I came to Bristol Glen after a fall and found it to be the ideal place to live. I feel safe and secure. I truly enjoy the friendly atmosphere and the helpful staff. The housekeeping staff is just phenomenal. I love the Senior Fit Program and all the daily activities that are available.

May 29, 2015

By calm cool collected

Other

a warm, well run facility. if you have to be in a facility BG is a good choice clean, friendly and concerned.

November 21, 2014

By Eddie3

Bristol Glen was the closest one to us. I thought it was very nice, and the staff was cordial. I had to wait just a little bit for the right person -- he was busy on the phone -- but when I got to talk to them, they asked me questions about my son's condition and what I had in mind. What I had in mind was just for temporary because I understand it is a very expensive place. Their dining area looked great, they had a room to sit and watch television, and they can go walk around and go outside. I didn't see an exercise room or anything because I guess it was a little on the older side, but the activities weren't that much. The cleanliness of the place looked great. I had friends who lived there, and they were happy.

February 08, 2014

By Debbie84530650

I came across Bristol Glen because it's located right by me. They were also recommended to me. It's a big institution but it's a good facility. It was also very expensive though.

September 25, 2013

By Barbara66914450

We visited the Bristol Glen. My children rated this place as A+. It's the best place they've seen. I don't say its luxury, but in terms of quality and service the environment and the approach to care of the residents it has all that. I think the location has a lot to offer because it allows the institution to have grounds around it where the residents of all abilities, whether you are up and walking or in a wheelchair, you can find some place outside.

August 14, 2013

By troutmeister

My sisters and I visited Bristol Glen in June with our mother. We liked that the facility offered different levels of service starting with independent living and increasing levels of services. We are considering this facility for my mother and it's at the top of our list.

March 15, 2013

By Bette1

Bristol Glen is very clean. The people were very accommodating and very nice. They're excellent.

July 05, 2012

By Karen17

The staff was very friendly and always helpful. They didn't neglect my great grandmother like some of the other facilities would. My great grandmother appeared to be very happy and comfortable. She was making great progress at Bristol Glen. She recieves help around the clock, whenever she needed it. The physicians were well qualified and if I had any questions they would always explain things to me in a way I could understand it. The nurses and aides were all attentave and caring. You could tell that they truly liked their jobs and cared for the people at the facility. They had many amenities to keep my great grandmother's mind stimulated and focused. Because of this great care and attention I believe she lived to be so old. She was happy and mentally alert up until the day she died, about six months ago. For anybody who is considering placing a loved one in an assisted living program, Bristol Glen is the best around and I would definitely recomend it. Even though they are a bit more expensive than the other care facilities in the area, their service is unbeatable.

July 05, 2012

By blueoctopus12

The assisted living provider that we've been in contact with is extremely knowledgeable. They are always very understanding and help anyone out with questions or special requests. I love the facilities here (as does my grandmother!), as they're extremely beautiful. My grandmother is a devoted Methodist, so it also helps that this is a Methodist-based care facility. The facility also features a retirement community, which is also fantastic and hosts a lot of events and activities to do for members. We reviewed a lot of other assisted living communities around northern New Jersey and we felt that Bristol Glen was by far the best community for our grandmother, especially since she's so close to home (so we can visit her often) and the area she grew up in.

June 12, 2012

By Lauren B.

This is one of the best assisted living facilities out there. My great grandmother was very independant, even though she was 97 years old when she passed. They didn't baby her and yet they helped her out the appropriate amount. She appeared to be very happy, and got along well with the faculty. They came by daily to keep her company, as we couldn't be there as often as we wished that we could. They were there for a few hours each day, and treated her like a real person. They made conversation with her, asking about her kids and how she was feeling. When she passed the nurses were very sympathetic. They called us right away and even kept her stuff for over a month until we could find a place to put it all. Overall our experience with Bristol Glen Assisted Living Facility was very positive. I can't think of one negative thing to say about them. I love their caring and sensitive staff and the services they provide are great.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (13) See fewer reviews

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $2300/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 85A001

About United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen

Sitting on 74 bucolic acres of woods and meadows, the Bristol Glen campus offers security, serenity and the opportunity to make lifelong friends. One of the most common reasons that seniors transition from their own homes to Bristol Glen independent living is the freedom gained. Downsizing eliminates the ongoing taxes, utility and maintenance costs associated with home ownership. It minimizes personal chores and errands, maximizing and allowing time to pursue other long-delayed interests and desires and to take advantage of the many on campus programs for residents.

CCRC living at Bristol Glen is an upscale, condo-like apartment home that gives you the ability to maintain independence, privacy and dignity. The beautiful wooded campus and the proximity to the town of Newton provide ample opportunity for recreational pursuits.

Map of United Methodist Communities at Bristol Glen