Laurel Brook Rehab

Reviews of Laurel Brook Rehab

Nursing Home Reviews for Laurel Brook Rehab

March 17, 2014

By nj mike

This facility is absolutely horrible. My mother was in their care and because she was ill (stomach issues) and refused her breakfast, they refused to give her lunch or dinner that day, stating..."well, your mother refused breakfast"! So, because she was feeling too ill to eat breakfast, did that mean you would just never offer her food again?? Despite the fact that I am wording this as though I am speaking verbally, please be assured that the care at this facility is far below sub-standard. Do NOT be fooled by the fact that it once was Innova and now goes by a new name....it is still running under the same owners. If you truly care about your family member, use another facility. I spend a few days meeting with administrators there and felt my mother would have the best possible care, only to find (while visiting her) that she wasn't even so much as being offered food during a mealtime. Her room-mate called me aside the day I was asking why she wasn't allowed food, and told me then that I should remove my mother from their care. Her room-mate also stated that her own diaper, more often than not, wasn't changed all day until she would cry and beg to have it changed because her skin would already be raw. I apologize for my thoughts being random but I am trying to remember a variety of issues I had with this facility, before submitting this review.

March 11, 2013

By CStone

This facility is by far, the worst that I have ever come across in many years with many family members in need of assistance. There are so many areas with which I could start, so I will start with the most important one: Patient Care - or lack thereof. My family member was there for 2.5 weeks, during this time, she was confined to a wheelchair - even though she never needed one before. She was not bathed properly, if at all. And was denied interaction with others, those being the ones that were not drugged into submission. Not only did the 'Qualified Medical Staff' NOT perform their duties to the most base of level, they outright failed in patient care: feeding, medicating, bathing, accommodation care/cleanliness/upkeep. I had to demand that a doctor be called when my relative had a 'Minor Rash', this in turn was Shingles. The ?Nurse? on duty was telling me that I do not know what I am talking about, and refused to call the doctor. Only with the threat of a lawsuit was I able to speak with someone identifying themselves as a doctor that had little to no knowledge of my family members' condition. When I asked if the proper medications were being prescribed, I was told that they were waiting for them from the pharmacy. Only after repeated demands, was I told that the pharmacy in question was in Edison, NJ, and that the required medication would not be available until the next day!?!?! Remember, this is MOUNT LAUREL, NJ, over 60 miles away!!! [When I inquired whether I would be able to get an OTC (Over The Counter) topical cream, I was given the incorrect dosage amount to search for. (Remember, these are supposed to be trained and qualified medical professionals!)] Thankfully, my family was able to relocate my family member to another facility; one that is staffed by qualified, competent, and able minded and bodied staff members. In short, I would not recommend anyone placing a loved one, or even an enemy in this facility. They are grossly negligent, incompetent, undertrained, and uncaring "“ even in the simplest of tasks that come to the well-being of your loved ones. This is a warehouse for human beings, and not a place to have your loved one recuperate, recover, or become well enough to resume their life in any meaningful way.

April 13, 2012

By Dbrosh

The people were very friendly at this location and shared a lot of smiles. The sheets on the beds were very clean and the birds that were used as pets were always chirping and smiling. The caretakers gave the people whatever they needed and always had a smile on their face. A request was never too much for them. Also, the affordability of this nursing home was great. It was a great place to see my family member live. The facility such as the walls, toilets, beds, etc. were always clean and polished and seemed as if there was no disease in the area. This made it more comfortable to see my grandfather grow old there. It was a clean place for him to stay healthy. The food was not the best but my grandfather seemed satisfied with it. I hope everyone tries to put their family members in this care home! It is one of a kind.

July 26, 2011

By mooseman

My husband was in this wonderful facility. He was dying from Kidney Cancer and was placed in the Long Term Care Unit. He was treated with the upmost respect. I never worried that he was getting to notch care. The administration and staff was so helpful. Anything my husband needed he received at this facility. I would recommend it highly.

Services and Amenities of Laurel Brook Rehab

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2017

About Laurel Brook Rehab

Laurel Brook Rehab is a senior living provider in Mount Laurel, New Jersey that offers residents Nursing Homes and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Laurel Brook Rehab for more details on services and rates.

Map of Laurel Brook Rehab