Morris Hills Center

Reviews of Morris Hills Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Morris Hills Center

March 14, 2016

By Relative60

My relative was there, and it is a total disgrace. From the minute you enter you are aware that there is little if not any effort made by staff and higher uppers to present and run a establishment that is professional and clean. Windows, rugs are filthy. The commode given to my relative was not even wiped clean, had splashes of dirt and grime. Bath tub in room had mineral and dirt build up on walls of tub, it looked like little or no effort was used to clean it. Nursing staff was unprofessional, slow and uncaring. We found one nurse amongst all that was compassionate and caring. Activity room was dirty. Upmost, the food was not recognizable. We literally could not figure out what was being served. My relative did not eat for a whole day. Fruit was brown. Pantry area on the floor was dirty with fruit flys coming out of the trash. Patients roaming the lobby talking to them selves, receptionist At desk did not even raise head or address me and was totally distracted by her person cell phone call she was on. If you wanted to be mortified let your relative stay here. Honestly, I couldn't believe that this still went on in America. Morris hills center has no one watching the store, I wouldn't let my dog go there. Stay away

August 14, 2015

By AccidentlyOnPurpose

This place is a nightmare. Dietary is a joke, they send out menus and then put whatever they want on the plate. The majority of the time it's unidentifiable as food. Housekeeping can't clean the floor or empty the trash without being asked, and you have to pray to get your laundry back. But the absolute worst is the nursing staff. They not only have difficulty wrapping my legs but I constantly have to point out missing meds. Additionally, the doctors change them without discussing it with me.

December 12, 2014

We are able to move my mother to Morris Hills Center. They seem very neat and clean. The accommodations are very comfortable and nice. Overall, the place seems beautiful. My mother likes it there. The staff is very friendly and professional. It seems to have a very nice and homey atmosphere.

December 04, 2014

I was transferred here at Morris Hills Center from the hospital. The food has its drawbacks. The room is spacious and clean. They could paint the walls inside because there were a lot of chips, and that affects the overall look of the room.

July 12, 2013

Morris Hills Center is close to home. My mom has a room that she shares with someone else. It is a decent-sized room, but it wouldn't matter to her because she has Alzheimer's. Their food there also is fine. What I can say about my experience with this facility was that you always have to check in and make sure everything is okay because sometimes things don't happen the way you want them to. I also noticed that their staff is overworked. The facility is somewhat small and I wish it has more spaces for residents to go outside of their rooms. I would like for them to have open outdoor areas for their residents; however I can understand why they would be in small spaces. I know how difficult it is to manage their residents. My number 1 priority is my mom's safety, and she is safe there.

June 22, 2013

By caring010617

I visited Morris Hills and it was right across the street from the hospital. The facility was new. It was light and airy. I would only recommend this place if you were ambulatory and had great family involvement and do not spend all your time there. However, if you're one dependent on home health aides and there's resident doctors for your care, it's kind of a bleak outlook in terms of your treatment plan. To live here, you really have to be highly functioning to take care of yourself.

January 25, 2012

By StormDeep

My relative has been a resident of this facility for many years. While I have not witnessed outright abuse, there has been indications of neglect. Residents who cannot go to the bathroom on their own are often left to sit in their soiled diaper for over 12-14 hours. I understand staff is often not available, especially on weekends, but excuses run thin when you witness your loved one in discomfort. Aides also leave residents hanging by themselves in a hoyer lift, and frequently snap at the residents. Again, this frustration is understandable when the staff-to-patient ratio is disproportionate, but even if an aide doesn't like their job they're still paid to be professional.Cleanliness is another factor. While most nursing homes have an odor about them, the smell in the hallways is often unbearable. The facility does try to meet dietary requirements, but only to a certain extent. They'll match preferences, such as not giving fruit to those who dislike it or offering lactose-free milk, but everything is either laden with salt or too dry to be considered food. One may argue it's a large facility so not everyone's needs will be met, but put yourself in the person's position: if you had to eat such food every day the rest of your life, how long would it be until you stopped eating?The one and only bright spot is the nursing home's physical therapy department. It may be due to the fact the facility also has a sub-acute unit that serves patients recovering from illness and injury from the nearby hospital, but the physical and occupational therapists are always cheerful and knowledgeable. They take their time with each patient, making them feel special and encouraging them every step of the way. If my relative wasn't going to be here long, I would definitely recommend Morris Hills for a SHORT TERM STAY ONLY for this reason alone.This is one of the few facilities in Morris County, New Jersey that accepts Medicaid patients. Unfortunately, it lives up to the stereotype of state-assisted centers where there is little care and even less attention given to the people who need it most.

July 26, 2011

By DoiingTheRightThing

1 star is very generous for this place. Beware! it is on the Medicare D list of approved places! I wouldn't bring my garbage here! My father-in-law was put in here after a heart attack. He rec'd no care, but whenever you call, he's down doing his exercises. We were told he could walk. He couldn't. The day we picked him up, he was taken out of his room early in the a.m. & placed in a room to wait until 5pm for us to pick him up. He was wheeled outside by a staff member without his coat on,(dead of winter),without release instructions or list of medications! His paperwork was mailed afterwards. This place looks beautiful. Don't let looks fool you. The staff even tried to take dad's oxygen (which he paid for) because another patient needed it! Avoid at ALL COSTS

Photos of Morris Hills Center

About Morris Hills Center

Morris Hills Center is a senior living provider in Morristown, New Jersey that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Nursing Homes, and Nursing Homes. Contact Morris Hills Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Morris Hills Center