Bella Terra

Reviews of Bella Terra

Assisted Living Reviews for Bella Terra

December 08, 2016

By Jeff G.

Bella Terra was very nice, and it has everything you want. The general consensus was that it was small. It wasn’t as open as some of the other ones. Some of them when you walk in were really almost open with an atrium, a foyer, 2-story, and kind of inviting that Bella Terra wasn’t. It was smaller, and I thought the hallways were tighter. When you have two people on walkers coming by, it was more cramped. When you walk in, there was a pool which I thought was a little out of the way. We went through the whole place, but it just didn’t make the cut, and it was too far away for us. It was a very nice place; it just didn’t fit our family.

November 21, 2016

By Sandy577878

Bella Terra was nice. It was just a little spread out with a lot of walking from place to place for my mom. The woman was very nice. She gave us lunch when we were there. Overall, it was nice and clean. They had senior trips, but my mother would not get involved in that. They would take her to her doctors' appointments if we wanted.

October 18, 2016

By Pam261318

I visited Bella Terra, and the place seemed OK. It’s a bigger place, and the people that needed more watching were upstairs; I was not too fond of that area. It did not seem as nice as downstairs.

October 06, 2016

By Susan674857

Bella Terra was a wonderful place. She is doing well and likes it. They have a pool, gym, and game rooms. They have lots of stuff and activities for them. It’s a wonderful place. It’s the first one we went to, and my mother fell in love with it. It's very well kept, clean, and friendly. It's just a nice place.

September 29, 2016

By Judith827331

My friend is being placed in Bella Terra. The environment is clean, has no odor whatsoever, and it’s bright, airy, and friendly. The intake staff, the executive was most helpful. I got there late yesterday, and they’ve already showed her the room with another friend of mine, and they took me around to see it again. It was just a very pleasant experience. She has an apartment with a kitchenette. It’s up-to-date with a nice size living room that has place under an open area and a nice size bedroom. The bathroom not only has a shower, but the shower also has a seat already, so it’s very accommodating.

September 13, 2016

By Margie775815

Bella Terra was a new building, and it had a kitchenette in the room with a refrigerator and cupboards. The place was very nice, clean, and the people were wonderful. The room was really nice and of decent size with a lot of closet space and a big bathroom. It had a regular kitchen like a galley kitchen with no stove. The place was a little more secluded, and it was just a couple of years old.

April 23, 2016

By Debbie123597750

The apartments at Bella Terra were very nice. I liked that they had lot of activities and that the people were very friendly. They gave us some dessert, and my sister said it was very good. The apartments were very sunny, spacious, and nice. The person who assisted us was very nice. They had a wait room, a very nice swimming pool, heated pool, arts and crafts, sports room, and library.

December 30, 2015

By Dale23

I’ve moved my aunt to Bella Terra. It’s beautiful; it has all the amenities that any one could hope for. It’s like being on a cruise every day and she’s very happy. They were able to get her a 2-bedroom assisted living which was what she wanted. I have visited other places but finding a 2-bedroom was very limited because most assisted living places don’t have 2-bedroom units. This facility has converted some independent-living units to assisted living so that’s why they have 2-bedroom units. The staff has been very responsive. My aunt eats everything and finishes every meal. She’s delighted not to have to worry about what she’s making for any meal and there is always something that she enjoys. I have to say that I’m satisfied with their service. Any issue or problem that I’ve had has been neatly addressed.

September 14, 2015

Bella Terra was a very nice facility; the experience there was very good. They were very nice and very accommodating. They even gave me a cupcake to take home with me. I was impressed by that that they would extend themselves that far, and the cupcake was very tasty, too. The drawback for it was that it was an hour and 20 minutes from my house. Their rooms were a little bit bigger than the ones that I had seen and were very nice. The bedrooms and the living area were large enough. I didn’t care so much about the kitchen, but they did have a kitchen. They had an in-room washer and dryer. It was definitely a superior place.

May 14, 2015

I like the entrance because it didn't seem like everybody was gathering there. I like the apartments, which were nice sized, and they had nice full size and well-equipped kitchens. It was more reasonably priced, and the salesperson seemed good. They had a nice dining room, but they only do happy hour once a week, which I thought my mother would like. Cleanliness seemed nice. Bella Terra is where I would like my mother to go.

March 10, 2015

Bella Terra was nice. They had a pool, which was lovely. I liked it. I remember there were different levels, and they were in different areas. In the dementia area, the people couldn't really use the pool unless someone was with them. I did like that they had a large area to walk around. It had a nice, warm feeling.

February 09, 2015

There was a point in time when both my husband and I planned to go to assisted living. He was the one who needed assisted living, and I was going to go with him. Bella Terra is the one we picked. It was a two-bedroom, two-bath room which was quite lovely. It is expensive but quite lovely. We already put a deposit down for us to come in, but my husband got very ill and eventually died, so it was impossible. In every place we went to, the staff is more than kind and just fine. It is a very popular place, and the available accommodation goes fast. There was one apartment available that was suitable for us, and like I said it was quite expensive. The rest of the place wasn't necessary expensive, juts this one. The facility is quite clean and quite lovely.

December 22, 2014

By Richard103276250

I went to Bella Terra. They were expensive. The apartments were nice. They have a very attractive facility. It looked like they're keeping it clean and that they have it well run. I would say that they're sort of first-class kind of an assisted living facility, but you are going to pay good money to get that kind of thing. They have activities that you can do almost anything you wanted to there. They have every kind of thing you can think about that is suitable for a senior person.

Thank you for taking the time to review our wonderful community. Although I do understand the concerns of pricing, Bella Terra offers seniors a lifestyle they come to love. We offer meal preparation, activities throughout the day, 7 days a week and numerous and exciting ways for our population to enjoy their days while living at Bella Terra. Our residents take pride in the community and love to share their stories with each other and family members. We would love to have you join our Bella Terra community and find out how your life can change while being a part of our community. I’d like to personally invite you back for a tour or a complimentary lunch, and we can further discuss some of your concerns. Thanks, Kim Greer, Executive Director, 732-730-9500

December 10, 2014

We also visited Bella Terra. We talked to family members and the people. We saw what they were eating. I talked to staff members as well. They were on top of things, and the people were happy. It was a nice place to be in an assisted living place. We looked at something where people in general were happy.

October 16, 2014

By Joan94009350

Mom has a lovely room in Bella Terra, she gets better care with at least $2000 a month or less, and I’m happy and very pleased with it. The problem now is that she is back in the hospital. But she likes it so much better, the other facility was so much prettier but she just likes the people and she has got the most beautiful big room with a beautiful kitchen, it’s just amazing. The girls are nice, and she has made some friends and she has never any of that in the other facility she has been. But, I would suggest that they hire more aids, I think the aids were very, very hard but I don’t think there are enough of them. I think that there food is okay, there are meals my mother does not eat and she is not fussy so I think they could improve on their meals. But overall she is happy there.

July 19, 2014

By Earl4

I thought Bella Terra was nice. I went to a few places because my mother is starting to get old, but I'm going to have her in a place sooner or later. I've heard different things from different people, like you have to get on a list and pay money. I went to probably half a dozen places, and there's no list. All these places would take her just about right in. I thought we had to get on a waiting list. The staff there was very nice. They answered all my questions. The people were cheery, and the place looked like there were different degrees of older people. Some people are in wheelchairs, and other people are up and walking around. It goes from one extreme to the other. It stood out from a lot of the other places. When I went down there, they were all painting the outside of it, and it looked nice. As far as I remember, it was clean; it didn't smell. I was in some places that did kind of smell a little funny. Nobody looked bored. Some residents are just disengaged. Despite how or what you do, they're not going to be engaged; but the people who looked like they wanted to do something were. They looked like they were quite happy. I talked with some of the people when I was there. They said "hello," so I talked to them. They invited me for lunch, and they gave me a little cupcake. The dining room I think was not quite restaurant style but definitely wasn't cafeteria style. I would call it institutional dining. The facility has a little bit of an age to it. I know they were working on the outside, updating it, and I think they'll probably spruce up the inside a little bit.

October 04, 2013

By Elizabeth26

We took a tour of Bella Terra. The facility was very nice and very clean. It was more like a condo atmosphere than a hotel. There were a lot of small, close rooms so people seemed to be separated. We didn't like that about the place. The staff was friendly but when we asked for a callback about something, they never called us back. The residents there just didn't seem as happy.

April 26, 2012

By Cade1

I thought this facility was just fine, but it doesn't stand out as much in my mind as Acorn Glen in Princeton, where our grandparents next moved. It was very nicely carpeted and decorated, but it reminded me a lot of a hotel, and didn't really feel homey. The food also seemed to be hospital-like, but I understand that it's not meant to be a 5-star restaurant. Still, I never really felt a personal connection to this place. It was just a regular assisted living facility. Perhaps it just wasn't my or my family's niche; the outdoor areas were lovely, and I really liked the swimming pool and general store. I just wish the staff had been a bit more personable and left a bigger impression on myself, my parents, and my grandparents. Still a fine place overall, it just wasn't quite what we were looking for in an assisted living facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Bella Terra

November 06, 2016

By Elizabeth387505

I like that Bella Terra is a community. The other places were homes that had rooms. This is the place that had apartments, which is what I was looking for. I told them that I wanted something that was independent living, and that is what they had. They had also assisted living and memory care, but the other places were just all assisted living. They have a pool, a rec room, some restaurants, some van services to different kinds of events, and a little self-contained city actually. They serve 2 meals a day -- breakfast and dinner. The staff members are friendly, forthcoming, informative, and courteous. They have doctors and nursing facilities in-house. If someone needs a physical therapy, medical care, or acute care, it is all right there on-location.

November 05, 2016

By Steven663758

Bella Terra had very nice accommodations. In comparison, their pricing was a little higher but still very considerable. The food was very delicious, and their program was good with what they offered. It met every need that my mother would have and when. The staff was very informative and answered any questions we had concerning the transition part and how they will handle any deal we might have questions about. They explained it in detail, and I thought they did a good job. We looked at their calendar of activities, and they had plenty of activities to keep her occupied and happy. Also, they offered a lot more than other places as far as ability to get out and do things, and we were very pleased with that part of it.

October 14, 2016

By Ralph264265

I didn’t like the whole area at Bella Terra. It was much too citified. The other two in Whiting were more rural. Plus, it seemed like a much older facility, and I didn’t like the look of it. I went in there with a scheduled appointment of around 11:00 a.m., and it was supposed to be lunch, so I asked the lady, “Well, where are going to go eat?” and she said, “We don’t have lunch.” They didn’t serve the first meal until it was about mid-day. That didn’t set me well.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We were happy that you came to tour Bella Terra and were sorry to learn that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious meal or hear more about the recent major renovations we underwent. These renovations will allow us to provide our residents and families with top-of-the-line services and care while still maintaining the integrity of our 16 year history with the local Jackson community. We also have an Independent Living Dining Program that offers open seating option for continental breakfast as well as two dining options, 4:45pm or 5:45 pm. In addition to our dining room, we have a full service Bistro that offers breakfast and lunch at an additional fee. We would love the opportunity to invite you to experience one of our dining options, and welcome you to contact us via our community phone line at your earliest convenience. Thanks again for your time.

December 31, 2015

By flpunt

For the most part Bella Terra is a very nice facility, clean and spacious rooms and affordable. But there are a few complaints that I hear from my Mother who is a resident there, as well as other residents I have meet. The food is terrible. Dinner is sometimes cold, too tough to chew and too many type gravies on everything. They never order any pizza for the resident even though they have asked as a change of pace. Continental breakfast is the same thing everyday no change. Temperature control is another problem. It's always too hot. Everybody has to open there windows and have a fan in the winter. My Mom is happy there because of the people she has made friends with.

I am sorry to hear that your mother feels that way she does about her dining experience. It is our goal to provide you with exceptional dining experiences each day. In January we have made a change in our dining leadership. David Ritter, our new Director of Dining Services started with us on 1/4/15. David Ritter, brings a wealth of knowledge and experience. He has already jumped right in to meet with our residents and understand what they do and do not like. We are excited to see all of the wonderful improvements that he will bring to the table. I would like to have an opportunity to speak to you so that I can better understand your mother’s concerns so that we can correct them and prevent them from reoccurring in the future. Tony Aloise, VP Dining Service, 3125455550.

September 25, 2014

Bella Terra was a pretty nice place. It had a lot of good features. The staff was very pleasant and patient, answering a lot of questions that my wife and I had. They did not serve lunch at the dining room, so we ate in a café. It was good, but it was not a dining room atmosphere. The price seemed a little lower than some of the other places we’ve seen. This was one of the attractions that we had for it.

Thank you for taking the time to come and tour our community. We are very pleased you found our staff to be pleasant and patient. It is our goal to provide best in class service and care to our residents and guests. We would love to have you come back and enjoy lunch in our Bistro! Please give me a call at 773-730-9500. Thanks, Kim Greer, Executive Director.

July 17, 2014

By sgboone

If I didn't already have established relationships and family in Monmouth County, I'd move here. It's a dream come true but too far away from family and friends. Still considering if I don't find a suitable senior facility while I can still make decisions.

June 30, 2014

Bella Terra has about four or five different room styles. Some of the rooms have two bedrooms and a kitchenette. The neighborhood was fine. It was located right on the road where I play golf. Food was very good. They have a pool and a gym. The staff was very helpful and informative.

January 27, 2014

By Beth13

We chose Belle Terra because it offered the most for my mother and it was what we are looking for at a somewhat affordable price. The apartments have different sizes. She is very comfortable in her apartment. It's a one bedroom, one and half bath with full kitchen. The staff is very nice. The food is good. It's working out well and I have nothing bad to say about them. They are all good. Mom participates in a lot of the things. They have card games, mahjong, bingo. They have entertainers, they have parties, happy hours twice a week, movies. They take them on bus trips, they take them to the supermarket, they take them to the bank. Mom is happy there. She has made friends. The place is also close to me so it's working out well.

May 31, 2013

By James31

Bella Terra is a very nice place. When we visited the place, the people were very attractive and we were greeted warmly. They serve us lunch and the food was okay, nothing special.

Questions about Bella Terra

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Bella Terra. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our Assisted Living Residents are typically 85-95 years . They tend to be more active because our Assisted Living is connected to our Independent Living area. They can share some of the social programs such as concerts, and social clubs.

What programs or activities does Bella Terra offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a diverse activity calendar that many social programs , clubs and outings. Various professionals are invited to speak about health and lectures offered on an on-going basis that

What places are near Bella Terra or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Bella Terra is conveniently located within driving distance to The famous Jackson Outlets, Atlantic City and the Jersey Shore.

What transportation services does Bella Terra offer to assisted living residents?

We have 2 buses and a town car that transports our residents to shopping, doctor appointments and outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Bella Terra exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our meals are all Chef Prepared with seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables grown locally. Our Menu changes every day with a "Always Available" list. We offer up-scale choices that are overseen by a registered dietician

What safety features or security measures does Bella Terra offer to assisted living residents?

we have a nurse on site 24 hours a day.

Describe the neighborhood around Bella Terra. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are set back from a main road surrounded by woods with lovely outdoor areas. We are minutes from local Shopping and Restaurants

Is Bella Terra affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any single hospital but are conveniently located close to Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus which has the James and Sharon Maida Geriatrics Institute

Costs for Bella Terra

• Psychiatric Care

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: Average 6:1

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Licenses: New Jersey Assisted Living

About Bella Terra

Senior assisted living at Bella Terra offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Bella Terra, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Jackson has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Bella Terra, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Bella Terra offers independent living in Jackson for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Bella Terra will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Guest Suites
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™

Indoor Heated Pool and Spacious apartments___ Bright and cheery apartments with large windows and full kitchens___ Recently Renovated each floor with new carpet throughout the hallways___ We offer restaurant style dining and have numerous menu choices and a Bistro for casual dining___ Large male and Veteran population

Map of Bella Terra