Amber Court Assisted Living in Elizabeth, New Jersey

1155 East Jersey Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Amber Court Assisted Living in Elizabeth, New Jersey (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Amber Court Assisted Living in Elizabeth, New Jersey

Assisted Living Reviews for Amber Court Assisted Living in Elizabeth, New Jersey

November 19, 2012

By Qubana

My experience with the Carteret Senior Living has to date been a very good one. While, I like the assisted living facility overall, it is not an ideal place. One of the things I don't like is the area it's in. The facility is in a rundown, busy, and very dirty area of town. Recently, during Hurricane Sandy, a vast majority of the downtown area in Elizabeth, N.J lost power. A week later that section of town still doesn't have power, but unlike other assisted living facilities in the area Carteret Senior Living had a generator, which really impressed me. I am very glad to have my uncle there because I feel the management is very responsible and caring. Overall, I believe that the facility is decent, however for the money it's not too bad. I do wish the outside of the building itself was taken care of a little bit more, however, compared to the surrounding area it's a gem.

July 05, 2012

By klz610

The staff were very nice and my nana was treated well. I do wish the place had been cleaner. Sometimes it seemed like the smell could have been better.

We really appreciate your positive feedback. We love hearing from people who visited us.

November 23, 2011

By Theresa M1212

Warm welcome upon entering. Security at door is great. Nice and clean. Residents were dressed neatly and satisfied. Beautifully decorated. It was originally a hotel and transformed into an assisted living facility. There were very nice views from the rooms. Single rooms were fine. If you had a roommate, one of the beds was put into the kitchen area. I did not like that. There were 10 floors and you would need to use the elevators a few times a day to get to the dining area and activities. I would rather have to use the elevators so much. It is in the heart of downtown with alot of activity. If your loved one is able to really be on their own, then it would be terrific.

September 30, 2011

By rubencarter05

When my grandmother suffered a stroke a few years ago it became apparent that she could no longer live independently. She was no longer able to take care of herself which is why eventually decided to move her to an assisted living facility. Even though she was becoming less aware of what was going around her similar to someone with dementia or Alzheimer's, she did not want to leave her home. We toured a couple of different facilities in NJ and ultimately settled on Carteret Assisted Living. The facility was clean and felt like home rather than a hospital which a few of the facilities that we visited reminded me of. My grandmother needed assistance with most of her daily functions bathing, getting dressed, eating, etc. As her condition got worse she often times wouldn't remember that she had eaten and would constantly ask for food. The staff was very patient her and friendly with myself and my family as we visited her several times a week. My grandmother's room was fairly small but the facility had a larger living room type area where most of the residents spent their time and watched tv. They also had some games and activities like crafts available during the day for the residents to participate in. All in all our experience with the facility and the staff was a positive one and it is a place I would recommend to anyone who is looking into assisted living for a loved one.

Services and Amenities of Amber Court Assisted Living in Elizabeth, New Jersey

• Dining Extra: Afternoon Tea, Evening Refreshments

• Features Extra: Lounge, Library, Safety/Security Features, Walking Paths

• Psychiatric Care

• Activities Extra: Recreational And Social Activities, Shopping, Community Events

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

• Range Of Services Extra: Routine Physicians Visits; Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Optometry, Audiology, Podiatry, And Geriatric Psychology. On Site Home Care Services (Inc Ambulation, Transfer, Eating, Bathing, Dressing, Incontinence Care, Grooming, And Personal Hygiene). Trained Gerontology Team. Lab Services

Types of care

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Amber Court Assisted Living in Elizabeth, New Jersey

Amber Court of Elizabeth is located in the thriving downtown area of Elizabeth. We are near many urban conveniences, such as restaurants, shopping, banking, entertainment, and much more. Major highways and public transportation are easily accessed. City Hall and Trinitas Hospital are just a few blocks away. We are very proud of our heritage. Amber Court of Elizabeth was the former Elizabeth-Carteret Hotel, a landmark building erected in 1927. It had been transformed into an Assisted Living Residence in 2004 and joined the Amber Court Assisted Living Communities as of May 2008.

Map of Amber Court Assisted Living in Elizabeth, New Jersey