Somers Place

Reviews of Somers Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Somers Place

December 05, 2016

By Anne814343

Somers Place was nice and small. The director there was actually the director of my son's day care when he was a new born, so I felt comfortable with the staff. They had shopping and other trips for the residents. I liked it because it would not be a far walk to my uncle's room because it was a small place. The room that we saw was a studio; it was very spacious, and the bathroom was just as big as the room. The staff seemed to know all the residents.

November 10, 2016

By seg

Everyone is so helpful and caring at Somers Place, Attention to detail and the resident's needs are never overlooked. My father has been there for most of this year so far and he is really happy living there. We couldn't have chosen a better place for him. It's a super clean facility as well.

August 23, 2016

By Darryl146042

Somers Place was neat, tidy, quiet, small, and overall good. The staff was knowledgeable, kind, and not pushy. The dining area was fine. They had movie nights and games.

December 15, 2015

By Caring Son19

I was impressed with Somers Place. The facility was clean and nice. I enjoyed the proximity of it from my actual home. However, it didn’t have a dementia unit or a lockdown unit for my mother, so although I was very satisfied with Somers Place, it was not a place for my mother. It was a very large triangle with a spacious, circular courtyard with a locking front door and foyer area. This community was pet friendly. It was a lovely place. It seemed as if the staff was caring, courteous, and genuinely cared for the residents. I saw several of the rooms, and they were spacious. Some were very large and apartment-oriented with multiple rooms, and some were just basic, efficiency suites. There seemed to be some options for couples or individuals and individuals with pets.

October 31, 2015

By Mark118884250

The level of personal care and attention to my father, an Alzheimers patient, has been both consistent and remarkable. It is comforting to know he is in good hands.

July 29, 2015

By momscare1

Facility provides continued oversight of your loved one. They are continually care for and looked after. I visit the site 2x-3x per week to see my mother and she looks great is well dressed and well groomed. Meals and snacks are fantastic. All staff including director, asst. director are hands on. They are around the facility providing assistance and care. they are many staff hands on deck to assist residents at all times.

December 09, 2014

By Glenn12

Somers Place was very nice, and we liked it a lot. I have friends I am trying to put in there. It’s a nice place, I had known people there, and it’s very nicely organized. It was very clean, but it’s a little bit too much money for him. The staff was friendly, it was acceptable, it was very well done, and the food was good.

November 15, 2014

By Rplcpawi

Other

I have been a volunteer here for 4 years now. I am a disabled man, but I am "able" to do many things. I have had wonderful experiences with both the residents, as well as our fine, capable, thorough staff! As is always the case in life there are pluses & minuses. Yet, I have noticed that we always try our very best to find the "silver-lining" in life's challenges!

October 31, 2014

By Diane101088250

Moving my father from his home to assisted living was emotionally overwhelming, and five siblings had to agree on the decision. Thanks to the staff and many meetings, we confidently made the best choice for our father's care. The staff is now our extended family.

October 22, 2014

The level of personal care and attention to my father -- an Alzheimer's patient -- has been both consistent and remarkable. It is comforting to know he is in good hands.

September 20, 2014

By Lee18

Wonderful experience with my mom at Somers Place, anything she needs at any time. Everyone is friendly and helpful. After a fall she was able to have all the help she needed, so I didn’t have to worry about anything. Family atmosphere and a beautiful place, highly recommended.

August 10, 2014

By Lynne13

Somers Place was a little smaller in terms of the number of rooms. It seemed to be a little more intimate. Also, it is within 5 miles of my sister's home, so I have family close by. The staff had no problems giving me as much time as I wanted to look around. They took me on the tour. I met several of the residents. It just seemed to be a very homey environment. At that time, they were dyeing Easter eggs because a couple of days later, they were inviting their grandchildren over for an Easter egg hunt, so that was cool. Also, they were having a little sing-a-long because they had somebody playing the piano; they were singing tunes from the 1940s. The home is a made into a great big square with an open courtyard in between -- it was beautiful. Also, since there are no outside doors except for the front entry, the dementia people knew that they could get to the inside square. I also could tell that they really keep the place together maintenance wise. The hallways were 6 feet wide and they had railings on both sides of the hallway. I think that's important. Outside their rooms, each resident put something out that was personal to them. Most of them put out an end table and they had pictures of themselves or pictures of their grandkids. So there was personality and it wasn't just a wreath hanging and a name sticker on the resident's door. It was more of a home.

Costs for Somers Place

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 01A002

About Somers Place

At Somers Place, our senior living community, we offer compassionate and personal service to help our residents thrive. In our small, pet-friendly community, we offer a variety of engaging activities, including board games, chair fitness, happy hour, and movie night. We also venture out for ice cream, and take trips to Ocean City boardwalk and nearby casinos. Schedule a visit at our Egg Harbor Township assisted living community today.

Near our local fishing pond - A very family oriented environment - 12 miles to the beach - Home like environment with our private apartments including a front porch with rocking chairs - Our enclosed courtyard comes complete with flowers and several comfortable seating areas

Map of Somers Place