Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

2150 Route 38, Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill

Assisted Living Reviews for Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill

May 10, 2016

By DorisMNDVI

Cadbury was very good and offered some amenities.

March 18, 2014

By alice19

I just didn't feel comfortable in Cadbury at Cherry Hill. I was turned off by the main floor, it's on the dark side. I would like to see a brighter interior in the lobby. It's expensive, you would have enough money for 5 years before going to Medicaid. But, the people are nice. If you can get into a two bedroom apartment, it gives a feeling of spaciousness. Each apartment has a kitchen and they only charge one meal per day. They have a gorgeous pool, a library and a very tiny exercise room. I think you could get good service there.

November 20, 2013

By Irene11

What impressed me with Cadbury was that it did not feel like an institution. It felt like a hotel. It was an old lodge, but it was nice. The gentleman who assisted us was extremely helpful. The rooms were large especially the kitchen. I had many things that interest me. It was also close to a mall and my son's house where I lived now. We also had doctors not too far from them.

March 29, 2013

My mother had her rehabilitation in Cadbury at Cherry Hill, and eventually moved to the facility. The residents received a good quality of care from the staff. They helped my mother bathe and dress since she had difficulty with her eyesight. There were different activities in the facility as well. I observed there were several dining areas, the residents chose the one that was convenient for them.

November 07, 2012

By Vickey3

Went with my family to visit my In-laws. Initially we had a completely different opinion about retirement home. We were expecting the place to be gloomy and unlively. But to our surprise when we went there, this place was lively and active. I saw how all the people were enjoying their retired lives and living their lives to the fullest. They live like a family here and the best part is there is no pollution or disturbance. The atmosphere is serene , calm and beautiful.They have professional and skilled staff to take care of your loved ones and they encourage your loved ones to get involved in various activities like gardening or any activity they like. They have medical professionals to take care of residents health and the rooms are also fully furnished . You can find all the amenities that you need to live a comfortable life. Really a wonderful place.

August 28, 2012

By George5

This place is like a heaven for people with special needs and for senior people as well.They have a full-service assisted living & independent senior apartment community with the best in quality, convenience and staff.They have 24Hrs nursing services , Medication Administration and also provides assistance with bathing/whirlpool and dressing. They have separate apartments for all the people requiring assistance with clean air and ventilation.Overall this place looks like a resort of some kind instead of a special facility. I think they take good care of all their people.

Independent Living Reviews for Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill

Nursing Home Reviews for Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill

April 11, 2017

By Maestra

My mother started out in the Independent Living section of Cadbury. After a fall, she moved to Assisted Living. After several more falls, some of which I feel could have been prevented had the staff been more attentive, she moved to the skilled nursing care section, also known as the Nelson Healthcare Center. While Mom was in Independent, everything was fine. She used the gym and pool, attended activities, cooked her own breakfast and lunch and dined in the large dining room. Things started to go south while she was in the Assisted Living Section. There were times when my mother rang for help and help was not forthcoming. On more than one occasion, she had to wait over 20 minutes for assistance in using the toilet. When she moved to Nelson 5 (Nelson has two sections, Nelson 5 and Nelson 6), things got worse. While there were and are some employees that are good caregivers, there were and are, unfortunately, some who do not do their jobs, or don't do them well. Because of conflicts with a roommate, my mother was forced to move to Nelson 6. Some employees came to me and remonstrated with me, asking how could I do that to my mother. Didn't I know that Nelson 6 was the ghetto? I knew of the bad reputation of Nelson 6, but it was imperative that my mother be protected from a roommate who spoke harshly and cruelly to Mom' and her visitors, who seemed to be "borrowing" my mother's personal care items, who made my mother uncomfortable in the room she had been content in for over two years. It seemed unfair that my mother had to be the one to move. Why not move the newcomer, who had actually been observed by Cadbury staff in my presence saying unkind things to Mom? But that option was denied us, and Mom moved to Nelson 6. In under 6 months she has had more roommates than I can count. The first two died; I'm not sure how many of the others are still alive. What's going wrong? 1. Laundry Issues: Sometimes my mother's Depends leaks overnight. I have asked that a wet nightgown be placed in a separate plastic bag and not just thrown into the hamper on top of all the dirty clothes, where the urine will drip down onto everything else in the hamper. I do her laundry, and I would rather not have a hamper full of urine-scented clothing. Plus there's the possibility of mildew. The social worker placed a sign directing proper care of wet garments on the wall just above the hamper, but as recently as last week I found a wet nightgown in the hamper WITHOUT its own plastic bag. I have also found feces smeared on my mother's clothes, and once when I lifted a pair of pants out of the laundry bag, two turds rolled out. Also, someone, perhaps using Vaseline, has managed to leave greasy handprints on the backside of several pairs of my mother's sweatpants. Try as I might, I cannot get the grease marks out. 2. Dietary Issues: My mother does not care for sandwiches, and this is printed on her meal ticket, but at least once a week, she is served a sandwich. Part of the problem is that the residents are not offered menu choices. Although the printed menu posted on the wall near the nurses' station shows two entree choices, residents do not get the opportunity to select which meal they receive. It seems as if everyone gets the same thing, and those who don't care for that can request the other choice or one of the "always" options. Often the food is served on disposable plates with plastic spoons, and sometimes, residents are told there will be no coffee or tea because there are no cups. Frequently items listed on the meal ticket are missing. Sometimes the aides on duty don't feel like calling the kitchen/dining room to request that those items be supplied. Often the juice served is frozen. It was explained to me that the part of the fridge where juices are stored is too cold. (So why not change the temperature, or store the juices in a different part of the refrigerator???) 3. Toileting and bathing issues: Residents are scheduled to be bathed in the bathing chamber twice a week. When Mom lived on Nelson 5, she was bathed in the morning. After the move to Nelson 6, Mom was scheduled for a bath during the 3-11 shift. This does not work well for her. Obviously, the swing shift is not going to bathe her between 3pm and dinnertime (5pm). However, my mother sometimes winds down pretty quickly after dinner. I have seen her fall asleep in her wheelchair while still waiting for her turn for a bath at 8 pm. I asked Cadbury to put her back on daytime bathing, i.e. the 7-3 shift, and they refused. Recently, I was told that because my mom uses a bedpan, she no longer will be bathed in the bathing chamber, but will instead be washed up while supine on her bed. This is not a good option for her. There is so much more I could say, but I'm tired of writing.

September 09, 2015

By Kim112054450

I visited Cadbury At Cherry Hill. It was pleasant. They advertised outdoor and indoor activities, but I only witnessed four ladies playing scrabble, and we were there for quite awhile. That's why we did not select to go there. I found it rather discomforting that you didn't see any residents intermingling or walking around in any of their common areas. However, I know they have a full staff because they also had a full nursing home available if eventually my father-in-law would require it. The facility was very clean, but there was definitely an odor of urine and dirty diaper. Also when you go down the hall, it was very institutional looking. They need to change the lightning and they probably have to deodorizer it or have some sort of scent filtered in somehow.

August 25, 2015

By PRECIOUS1967

my mother was here for rehab only. you have to walk through the nursing home to get to the rehab section.it was very depressing. seeing patients almost comatose in their beds. other patients just sitting in wheelchairs in the hallways. the rehab section was no better. bells were going of letting the staff know people needing attention with something and the bells would ring for some times 25 minutes until some one went into the rooms to shut them off. i sat on the phone with my mother one day and she was in her wheelchair while the alarm was going off to notifiy the staff that she was out of her chair and was a fall risk. i stayed on the phone with her for 10 minutes listening to the alarm ring in my ear. someone finally came in to shut it off. i was shocked!! the alarm was to notify the staff that she might have got out of her chair and possibly fell. it took 10 minutes for someone to check on her. the food was horrible!! always cold and something was always missing everyday that she requested and was documented on her order slip. when i had a conference call with the staff to have them report on her progress the activities person flat out lied and said my mom participated in bingo and other things on a daily basis. first of all my mom is partially blind which they failed to mention and when i asked my mother about this she stated the only time she left her room was for therapy or when they would make her eat in the cafeteria with the others. THE BIGGEST SURPRISE WAS WHEN THE NURSE MANAGER OF THE UNIT JUMPED IN TO TELL ME THE NURSES ARE ONLY THERE FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT! so basically they hand out meds a couple times a day but the aides are responsible for everything else. THANK GOD she was only there for 2 weeks. she was anxious to leave. oh and one other problem i need to mention was when my mom would hit the call button for assistance to go to the bathroom, the aides would take so long that she was having to go in the bed then they would have to clean her and change her bed. everyone who has something nice to say about this place must be talking abput the residents in the apartments. i saw nothing as far as caring and compassion for my mother except for maybe 2 nice aides that helped her here and there. for the most part this place was a nightmare and would never think of sending her back!! BE AWARE!!! I HAD TO GIVE THE FACILITY ONE STAR AS THEY WOULD NOT LET ME SUBMIT MY REVIEW. I WOULD GIVE MINUS ZERO STARS!!

December 01, 2014

By Benita1

My mother is staying at the Cadbury at Cherry Hill, and I think that they are good. Sometimes, I feel that they could be doing a few things a little differently, but as far as safety, being on top of the people who live there, and pretty much knowing who everyone is, they are doing a pretty good job. Because it is a multi-level community, they've had times where one or two of the elevators were out of service, and that is not good because it forced many of the residents that really need assistance for walking to have to really traverse a lot of extra mileage around the unit to get somewhere; although that was not necessarily on them but on the repair company, that is not giving them what they needed.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: Pending

About Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill

At Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill we offer bright and airy apartment homes with a variety of spacious floor plans that await your selection.

Services and amenities included with your monthly fee:

• Full kitchen
  • Large closets with ample storage
  • Large windows
  • Walk-In shower
  • Fire/smoke detector and sprinkler system
  • Individual climate controls
  • Maintenance of apartment and appliances
  • Window coverings and carpeting
  • Emergency call system
  • Hot breakfast buffet daily
  • Dinner served in the dining room daily
  • Bi-Weekly housekeeping
  • Complimentary personal laundry facilities
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Social, recreational and spiritual programs
  • Fitness and wellness programs
  • Wireless Internet
  • Monthly wellness check
  • All utilities, except telephone and cable
  • All maintenance of grounds and common areas
  • Priority admission to Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing Care
  • Secured residential entrance
  • Outdoor patio and gazebo
  • Garages available for additional monthly fee

We take pride in our resident/patient-centered philosophy and approach to customer service and care. Whether it is independent living, assisted living, respite care, short-term rehabilitation or long-term care, this philosophy is reflected in our commitment to promoting independence and quality of life for all our residents.

Map of Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill