Masonic Home of New Jersey

Reviews of Masonic Home of New Jersey

Assisted Living Reviews for Masonic Home of New Jersey

November 19, 2012

By cargo

The staff at the facility seems to be very warm-hearted. They were all very kind to me and my grandmother. The facility seemed to be very clean. It seemed like all the residents were very happy. This was not dark and gloomy like all televisions shows represent assisted living communities to be. It was actually quit a nice place. I would not mind staying at this facility when I get older. My grandmother told me she liked it but it was not the same as living at home. She only stayed there for a few months, and then came to live with my family. This was because she missed being around her own family. She still likes to keep in contact with a few of her favorite employees at the Masonic Home. I find it amazing that not only did she like the facility, but she made some friends when she was there. The only problem my Grandma had with the facility was with some of the other residents, whom she did not like.

June 29, 2012

By jack_bauer

The entire area was very clean, the staff very helpful, and the residents themselves are pleasant. I have heard many horror stories about the horrible other nursing homes, but this nursing home has a reputation for being one of the best in New Jersey, and it surely did not disappoint. I always enjoy going here and helping out in my spare time. There is small chapel, and other activities for those who stay and I have several friend's relatives who go here and they absolutely love it here. The staff helped me out getting started, and were never impatient with any questions that I had.

May 17, 2012

By Mike4487

Masonic Home of New Jersey was a beautiful facility. The staff on the 3rd floor where we had clinical were very accommodating to both us and the patients. They never complained when an older patient needed changing or help being fed. The decor was beautiful as well. They had many amenities. There was an ice cream parlor downstairs that we would take some of the older patients to. A lot of them didn't even know it was there! The floor we were on had a beauty parlor and meditation/relaxation room. The nurses took amazing care of the patients and helped us learn in the process. Shana-Lee was usually in charge for the night and she did a great job. Patients were turned on schedule as appropriate for them. This is very important care for an older adult to prevent pressure ulcers and seeing that they followed through properly is a very good thing. I can't think of a negative thing to say about the place.

May 08, 2012

By SPANISHREADY

This facility was nice, it was clean and the staff seemed very nice. I was very comfortable with leaving my family member there, and she loves it. I was not sure how I would feel about it, but I have only heard good things about this place, and now I can confirm that. The staff is always there for her when she needs them and they never make her seem as if she is a bother. I know that she is very needy, and they fulfill her every need no matter how much she asks for. The food is not the best, but I understand that it is not a 5 star restaurant and the food is not always going to taste the best in the world. Overall it is a very good place, and I would recommend it to anyone who lives in the Burlington area, it may even be worth traveling for.

April 19, 2012

By DocChristian

This place was fantastic! I can't say enough good things about it. When I broke both legs it was terrible. I was laid up and my wife would have had to take care of myself and our kids. It was my idea to go into the Masonic home simply to ease the burden on my wife and so my kids wouldn't have to see me like this. It was a rather good idea; we told them it was an extended stay in a posh hospital. I had my own private room which was decorated. You would have thought I was staying somewhere other than a nursing home. The rooms, especially my room had a flat screen television not to mention my own private phone and internet services. With three meals a day and excellent nursing staff I went without wanting for anything. They even permitted my wife and kids to stay longer past the visiting hours on the weekends. I loved it!

April 14, 2012

By John Garcia

This facility is a nice clean one. The landscaping is beautiful for an area of its size. My parents got to be the age where they would require an extended stay in a nursing home. They wanted to look for places after my father had an accident and was laying down for several hours before he was found and helped. It was one of the most shocking days of my life. i knew then and there that i had to find an acceptable place for them to move as i could not live with them, and they agreed. We went to one other place before i found this one. they immediantly fell in love with it, its affordable, the st5aff are friendly, its clean, its reall the best we can ask for. i am only rating this 4 stars because some days they say that they dislike the food provided, but those days are usuially few and far between.

April 10, 2012

By bliss86

I visited my maternal grandmother at this particular facility for a total of 2 years. I wanted to make sure that my grandmother was residing in a safe and comfortable environment. From what I witnessed and was told by my grandmother, the assisted-living-facility was a great place to be in. The staff members were more than cordial towards the patient's. My grandmother stated on numerous occasions that she was completely happy and extremely satisfied with the treatment and care she was receiving at the facility. I continued to visit my grandmother until she expired and even then I received a great amount of warmth from the employees of Masonic Home. I will never forget their kindness and compassion that they demonstrated towards my grandmother, me and the other patients that resided in the facility.

Nursing Home Reviews for Masonic Home of New Jersey

September 10, 2011

By DocChristian

I am no stranger to assisted living homes. Having had a few relatives who have lived and died in them over the last few years. I've been to a few but I must say, the Masonic Home of New Jersey is by far one of the best. Of course what I look at first is the staff of any facility. This is my Aunt we are talking about; I need to know she is in good hands. I need to be able to trust a staff. Another thing I endure about this place is right now I am writing this from my Aunt's room as she sleeps. She is in her final days and the facility has allowed me to spend most of my nights with her. Their meals are three times a day and sharp as a knife. A lights out is enforced after 10 but also residents are permitted to sit up and read. Truly this is one of the better homes in New Jersey.

May 31, 2011

By MandInfamous

Friend or relative of resident

The experience we had while my father was a resident of the Masonic home was amazing. From the moment he arrived, we knew he would be in safe hands. The facility's common areas are wonderfully maintained and are incredibly clean. The staff are never adverse to surprise visits, in fact they welcome them. I have watched the staff interact with many patients and they are caring and patient regardless of the health isssues of that individual. They seem to be incredibly knowledgable. I was struck by the fact that they also seemed to be very willing to explain and discuss any concerns or issues that we had. They helped not only my dad, but the entire family with the transition and allowed my father to still maintain some level of independence. He was never treated like a child , but respected for his age and wisdom. I can not say enough about the level of respect that I have for this wonderful facility and their phenomenal staff.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Masonic Home of New Jersey

Services and Amenities of Masonic Home of New Jersey

• Pets: No Pets

About Masonic Home of New Jersey

Masonic Home of New Jersey is a senior living provider in Burlington, New Jersey that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Masonic Home of New Jersey for more details on services and rates.

Map of Masonic Home of New Jersey