Fellowship Senior Living Basking Ridge, NJ

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

8000 Fellowship Road, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Fellowship Senior Living (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Fellowship Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Fellowship Senior Living

April 18, 2017

By te for elderly

I was visiting a patient in the Rehabilitation building at Fellowship. My first impression about her room was that it smelled. The room appeared bare and not attractive. The person who brought her back from physical therapy left her wheelchair locked & blocking her bathroom door. (She uses a walker)They seemed short staffed and one of the head nurses was observed being abrupt with an elderly man in a walker & almost pulled the air tubes off his nose as she was hastily pulling his oxygen tank in front of him. Four elderly patients were observed in a large "recreation" room seated in their wheelchairs at a table facing each other with no supervision to be seen. Three appeared unable to speak, but one women was looking right and left seemingly for assistance. There is a garden for the guests to observe, but it is not maintained & it only seemed available for the staff as a cut through. It's not easy to find your way out. There are lots of exit signs that lead to locked doors & with a short staff, this could be a potential fire hazard.
Thank you so much for your comments and review dated April 19, 2017. This type of feedback, along with input from our Residents and Families/Visitors allows us to provide the highest quality of services to our Residents. We have one of the highest if the not the highest staffing patterns in the state of NJ. Our staffing patterns for the rehabilitation area (which is where our acute residents reside) are 3 nursing care partners (assistants) and 2 Nurses for 15 residents roughly a 1:3 ratio. All team members are responsible for ensuring supervision of our residents as needed. All Team Members employed at Fellowship Village must attend a mandatory “hospitality” program designed to ensure that our customers come first and its definition is “Fellowship Spirit is the attitude, behavior and standards enabling us to provide exceptional services and positive experiences to all those we care for and serve.” We encourage residents to bring personal belongings even for short-term stays to make the rooms as comfortable as possible. Our therapy staff is trained to bring residents back to their rooms and to place them in a secured environment, at the wishes of the resident. Our team members will be re-educated on the expectations that they must work closely with our residents in a calm, supportive manner while communicating to the resident what care and service are being provided. Regarding our grounds, we focus on the courtyards during the spring (please feel free to come and visit), and for the safety of our residents, visitors and team members all of our “locked doors” are connected to our fire alarm system that will automatically open upon the sounding of an alarm. In summary, I would like the opportunity to discuss this or any of your other observations further. Please feel free to call me at 908-580-3826. Sincerely, Jack Ellias Vice-President of Health and Medical Services

April 06, 2015

I visited Fellowship Village, and it is very nice. All the places are very nice. But I decided more on the basis of not only the largest room than many people get but also on the fact that the other facility is located in an area that I am familiar with and that I have ties adjacent to. It looks very nice, but the location of Fellowship Village is just further away. As far as the facilities are concerned, it was probably just as nice. The location played a great part in where I wanted to go. The facilities offered are very similar, and it is a very nice place, but it is mainly further away in an area that I am not familiar with.

June 25, 2014

By Old fashioned

The staff is very friendly but the administration has changed the focus of this facility. I'm very discouraged. I completely enjoyed living here for many years. But, now it's clear to me that this is a administration that has lost their way. No longer are the days when the resident is the main concern of its handlers. But rather, greed and power seem to be their driving force. I harken back to the glory days of this establishment with much sadness. At least I have my memories of the kind people that use to govern here.

June 10, 2014

By Jean77087250

We liked the area of Fellowship Village, but we have not committed yet. I can’t say anything negative about it. We were able to stay there for 3 days and 2 nights. The first night, we ate in a formal dining room where you choose your own menu. It was very nice. The next night was a buffet; it was good. The rooms were fantastic. We loved it. It’s VERY nice, clean, and adequate. The people were very friendly, and the staff were fantastic. They couldn’t be nicer or more pleasant. We will definitely recommend them to others.

Independent Living Reviews for Fellowship Senior Living

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Fellowship Senior Living

August 19, 2018

By wcj

My wife and I moved to Fellowship Village some five years ago and are extremely happy that we did so while we were still in our early 70's. The residents and the staff have been very welcoming and we rapidly made many new friends. There are so many activities available to us we don't know what to choose next. The gourmet chef and food are outstanding. The dining services, facilities, and socialization add a whole new dimension to dining. Fortunately to help keep our weight in check, there is a lovely one mile walking trail around the outer perimeter of the facility with many rest stops and easy access paths to return to the main areas. It is so very pleasant to take a stroll during the morning or early evening and observe the nearby farms and gardens that surround us. Our stand alone home as well as other residences are both spacious and well designed. We were delighted at being able to make modifications to our home to suit our personal needs. Our highly competent maintenance crews are always available to correct any problems that may arise and we do not lift a finger. Our new state-of-the-art auditorium and health care center employing the household model concept are nearing completion and creating much excitement and interest not only amongst the residents but also those who live in the local surrounding communities. It is so comforting to know that our 5-star rated medical facilities and staff are available to us 24/7 should the need arise. Not interested in high-rise living, but more of a country setting? Then visit our 70+ acre campus and take a look at what we have to offer. You won't be disappointed.

April 20, 2017

By Marie356382

I have a one-bedroom apartment at Fellowship Village. It is a lovely place out in the country. The staff is excellent. I help welcome possible future residents and with the bingo games. The food here varies and is not consistent; sometimes it's great, other times not good. The residents are delightful, friendly, and outgoing. We have a lot of activities and a limo that takes the Catholics to the Catholic Church on Sundays, even though this place is nonsectarian.

June 17, 2016

By Anthony861422

Fellowship Village CCRC has assisted living and an excellent rehab facility. It’s a beautiful facility. They have a very good nursing staff and aides. It was a good experience. I just couldn’t get my dad in there because there was no availability since they have a lot of permanent patients there. They have independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, sub-acute rehab, and outpatient rehab. My father was in the sub-acute rehab portion of it.

October 27, 2015

Fellowship Village is beautiful. They have everything from independent living to assisted living, health care, dementia care, and housing if you need it. Their food is wonderful, like everything else -- very broad menu, lots of options, and always fresh. The staff is fabulous and very good. There’s a pool and game room, and they take people on trips. They have concerts, programs, and courses residents can take, too.

June 02, 2015

By Burrsearcher

We visited Fellowship Village. The people seemed older there. It was an older retirement community; it has been there for a long time, so the people who moved in did so at a younger age, and now they're mostly older. That wasn't as attractive to us as the ones that are being built right now where the people seemed to be younger. They're still old people, but they're more active than in Fellowship Village. However, the staff was very nice. They have some separate cottages, and that was a nice feature, but it seemed like that might be too expensive for us. The whole thing was a little high for us.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Photos of Fellowship Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Fellowship Senior Living

• Pool

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Fellowship Senior Living

Fellowship Senior Living is a leading provider of senior living communities, services and programs in New Jersey since 1996. From Fellowship Village, our Life Plan Community (also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community) in Basking Ridge, to our vast array of at-home services throughout New Jersey, we provide more reasons to thrive, engage and grow.

MORE CHOICES TO FIT YOUR LIFESTYLE

We offer the highest-quality services and programs that allow seniors to live life to its fullest. At our Life Plan Community in New Jersey, we provide a full continuum that includes Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and rehabilitation, medical and wellness services.

For those who prefer to stay at home, you will find a vast range of in-home care services, such as personal care and concierge, care management and hospice services. With our Fellowship Freedom Plans, we offer a wide range of long-term care plans. On campus or off, you can trust Fellowship Senior Living to help you with what you want, when you need it.

MORE SUPPORT TO STAY AT HOME.

Whether you need personal care or companion care services, whether you’re looking for rehab therapy at home or just a little extra assistance to make life a little easier, Fellowship At-Home offers a wide array of in-home senior services to help you maintain your independence and stay in your own home.

With the same comfort, care and support, we offer Hospice services to provide spiritual, physical, social and emotional support to meet the needs of the whole person.

Designed for both residents of Fellowship Village senior living community and residents in Basking Ridge, NJ, the Somerset County area and throughout New Jersey, you will find a superbly screened and trained staff that provides care and assistance you can trust.

Map of Fellowship Senior Living