Andover Subacute and Rehab II

Reviews of Andover Subacute and Rehab II

Nursing Home Reviews for Andover Subacute and Rehab II

November 29, 2015

By Maria112994250

I like Andover a lot, but my husband had fights with his roommates. The staff was exceptional. One lady, Helen, always helped me every time I had a question or needed something. She wanted to get my number so she could call and check up on George. We really got to know each other. There are always activities going on there.

August 20, 2012

By jc1980

Andover subacute resided on fairly well maintained grounds with plenty of open space for resident's to enjoy. The majority of the nursing staff was friendly, but the housekeepers and assistants left little to be desired. They did not speak English and did not seem capable of being able to meet the needs of the residents. Often, residents would be left in the hallways for extended periods of time, or wheeled into the activities room to be forgotten until meals were served. The nursing staff seemed competent and were always attentive to the resident's needs. My grandmother always spoke very highly of them, but she did not like the housekeepers. On more than one occasion, she would come back to her room to find things moved and/or missing. Overall, the facilities were nice, but they should look to hiring more well trained assistants and housekeepers that can at the least, interact better with the residents.

August 14, 2012

By Rose8

My dad stayed here for a month. To be honest, I picked this facility because this is the only one available after his hospital discharge. This place has a nice area around it with a beautiful garden where patients could hang out on a nice weather. I was satisfied with the care the staff provided to my father. When he arrived there, he was not very cognitive and ambulatory but after some time he was more independent already. They monitored him completely. They were very nice group of people, helpful and always caring. However, the lower level for visitation area is also the same exit for patients. It's a bit distracting. It would be nice if there's another area for the exit. I will recommend this place to others who needs this similar service.

February 24, 2010

By Marie Berberich

My loved one stayed here

Facility does not have sufficient nursing staff to perform required tasks before admin of certain meds. My husb was on b.p. meds, for which he must have b.p. taken before each dose (i.e. 2x a day) and if b.p. too low they shoudl not give. Vital signs, including b.p., are done only once a week!! There was a problem and I asked the LPN on duty for my husband's last b.p. and she said she did not know but thought it had been done a few days before. In addition, he needed to go the ER for possible hemorrhage and I had to fight them on the phone (it was a Saturday night) for almost 2 hours and then the doctor refused to write the order. I then had to call the police to have him removed from there and taken to the ER. Once he was there, it turned out they gave him only minimal care as they did not accept his NY Medicaid insurance as the facility is in NJ. and then discharged him back to the facility. I threatened to sue them and one of the nurses actually got on the phone and said to me, "maybe we will sue you for harrassment". I asked her if she had the authority to say such a thing and there was dead silence and she said no. It is a truely terrible place. I would not send my dog there.

Services and Amenities of Andover Subacute and Rehab II

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2020

About Andover Subacute and Rehab II

Andover Subacute and Rehab II is a senior living provider in Andover, New Jersey that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Andover Subacute and Rehab II for more details on services and rates.

Map of Andover Subacute and Rehab II