The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Reviews of The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for The Allendale Community for Senior Living

October 29, 2015

By Concerned Granddaughter1

We had lunch at The Allendale when we first went there. The core of the facility is very old and needs to be renovated. It’s very gaudy; every wall had different wallpaper and every hallway had a different color scheme. It and the décor were very distracting and overwhelming on a sensory level. It’s very large; it has a nursing home and assisted living together there with the memory care unit. The food was not great -- OK but not really good. I went to use the restroom in the main dining hall. One toilet was totally stuck up with paper and the other toilet sink had no paper. There was paper all over the floor. One of the garbage cans had been pulled off the wall. It was really gross. It was worse than a staff station bathroom. As I was going into the restroom, a staff member came out, so I know the staff had been there recently. and saw the condition it was in.

July 28, 2015

The Allendale Community for Senior Living needed rehab. It was not as clean or as nice as the other facility we went to. The rooms needed to be redone.

June 29, 2015

By Nancy107739450

The staff were wonderful and very nice. My only problem with Allendale was it was such a large place; it would be too confusing for my aunt. It was a beautiful and clean facility -- I have no complaints. It was not modern, but not old, and I found it to be very hotel like. I was impressed.

March 31, 2015

By Bob104321050

I would give Allendale Community slightly higher for social aspect. We were looking for my mom, and we were hoping that she would have activities and things to do; Allendale is a lot better than the other facility. The rooms are a good size. It is an older building, but it is well maintained.

January 17, 2015

The Allendale Community was very nice. I visited this place. They did a nice job. The reason for the visit was that I was thinking about it in the future for me and my wife. The facility was very nice. It is in a nice area. The guy introduced us to them, and he explained things to us. I would recommend this place to others.

August 26, 2013

By Maryjane2

My husband and I visited The Allendale Community. It was okay. It was not as nice as the other facility. It was a little prettier though. Their rooms weren't as big.

Memory Care Reviews for The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Costs for The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Photos of The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Services and Amenities of The Allendale Community for Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

About The Allendale Community for Senior Living

At Allendale Community for Senior Living, we strive every day to create a caring environment where all people are welcome to enjoy the life they choose, the respect they have earned, the medical care they need, and the community they deserve. We celebrate individuality, honor diversity, and nurture mutual trust. Because caring for each other is not just our mission. It’s our passion.

Since 1967, our family-owned, physician operated community has been dedicated to serving the people of Bergen County and beyond. Our compassionate staff is here to welcome residents to their new home and make sure all of their needs are taken care of. We strive to make life happy and rewarding for residents and their families.

The moment you step inside the Allendale Community for Senior Living, you know you’re in a special place. With happy faces, positive energy, and a caring, welcoming environment. We are dedicated to providing a continuum of specialized medical care to support each resident’s total well-being and peace of mind.

Newly renovated, our stunning interior allows for gracious living. Our well-appointed residents’ apartments which are individually climate-controlled, can be customized to personal taste. We are extremely proud that we are a Green Community. Our solar rooftop system reduces CO2 emissions and greenhouse gases which helps control the earth’s temperature, and reduces cardiovascular and respiratory issues by reducing nitrous oxides, sulfur dioxide and particulate matter emissions.

One of the benefits of living at Allendale Community for Senior Living is the multitude of chores that will now be handled by our staff. We are here to make life for our residents easier. This means that virtually anything our residents need assistance with will be taken care of for them. This includes general housekeeping, preparing meals, grocery shopping, and driving to appointments. Of course, residents are still free to do many of these tasks themselves if they prefer—the beauty here is that you have the option.

• Social, hotel-like assisted living in our Atrium Community
  • 5 Star Staffing
  • Studio, 1 and 2-Bedroom Apartments, Companion Suite Option
  • 24-hour staff available for assistance
  • Fun, engaging daily activities in our Senior Social Club
  • PT Room - PT, OT, Speech Therapy On Site
  • Optional transportation to appointments and errands
  • Three meals served daily at no extra cost
  • Room maintenance and housekeeping
  • Off-Site Excursions, Site-Seeing Bus
  • Ramapo Valley Railroad Club Display
  • 5% Veteran Discount
  • Short-Term Respite Care Accommodations

“The Allendale Promise” - What matters in life knows no age: Family. Community. Comfort. Choice. Feeling that you belong. That you matter to others and that others matter to you. Our family founded the Allendale Community for Senior Living, pioneering a model of ‘continuum of care’. To provide you with the ability to live the life you choose and enjoy the joy of family and friends. Knowing that someone you trust is taking care of your needs, no matter how much they change. We are a community. We are a family.

Map of The Allendale Community for Senior Living