The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Reviews of The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for The Allendale Community for Senior Living

December 28, 2015

By RD1

Both of my parents are residents of The Allendale Community. The rooms and apartments are very nice and actually big compared to a lot of places I visited. The food is good, too. They have a selection of two or three items for each meal and a selection of sandwiches. My parents seem to be happy with the food and are happy for the most part with the people who work there. They have a movie theater where they show movies twice a day. They also have bingo, music, and happy hour at 3:00. The only complaint they have are the activities in the community. There was a woman who worked there that all of the elderly people really loved. For some reason, they let her go, and the residents were very disappointed. Sometimes they do the activities and sometimes they don't. They really need to improve on entertainment and find out what the residents like.

October 29, 2015

By Concerned Granddaughter1

We had lunch at The Allendale when we first went there. The core of the facility is very old and needs to be renovated. It’s very gaudy; every wall had different wallpaper and every hallway had a different color scheme. It and the décor were very distracting and overwhelming on a sensory level. It’s very large; it has a nursing home and assisted living together there with the memory care unit. The food was not great -- OK but not really good. I went to use the restroom in the main dining hall. One toilet was totally stuck up with paper and the other toilet sink had no paper. There was paper all over the floor. One of the garbage cans had been pulled off the wall. It was really gross. It was worse than a staff station bathroom. As I was going into the restroom, a staff member came out, so I know the staff had been there recently. and saw the condition it was in.

July 28, 2015

The Allendale Community for Senior Living needed rehab. It was not as clean or as nice as the other facility we went to. The rooms needed to be redone.

June 29, 2015

By Nancy107739450

The staff were wonderful and very nice. My only problem with Allendale was it was such a large place; it would be too confusing for my aunt. It was a beautiful and clean facility -- I have no complaints. It was not modern, but not old, and I found it to be very hotel like. I was impressed.

March 31, 2015

By Bob104321050

I would give Allendale Community slightly higher for social aspect. We were looking for my mom, and we were hoping that she would have activities and things to do; Allendale is a lot better than the other facility. The rooms are a good size. It is an older building, but it is well maintained.

January 17, 2015

The Allendale Community was very nice. I visited this place. They did a nice job. The reason for the visit was that I was thinking about it in the future for me and my wife. The facility was very nice. It is in a nice area. The guy introduced us to them, and he explained things to us. I would recommend this place to others.

August 26, 2013

By Maryjane2

My husband and I visited The Allendale Community. It was okay. It was not as nice as the other facility. It was a little prettier though. Their rooms weren't as big.

Memory Care Reviews for The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Questions about The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Allendale Community for Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our assisted living community residents age ranges from 64 to over 100. Our resident’s average age is around 83. The female to male ratio is about, 80/20. Our residents’ favorite things to do includes, word games, trivia, crossword puzzles, and Zumba, enjoying live music happy hour.

What programs or activities does The Allendale Community for Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our Assisted Living community offers a variety of daily activities catering to the interests, preferences, capabilities and total well-being of each resident. Zumba and Yoga activities provide healthy exercise, daily word games, trivia and crossword puzzles keep minds facile, live music performances and sing-alongs lift hearts and voices, arts and crafts workshops and journaling groups provide outlets for creativity and socialization. We offer one-on-one, or socially distanced, group oriented activities that make life purposeful and fun. Regular religious services support residents’ spiritual needs. We also offer local outings into the broader, local community during seasonable weather months.

What places are near The Allendale Community for Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our activities department schedules regular outings into the local community, supermarket trips, restaurants, fall foliage trips, local festivals, craft shows, and more. In all cases, we exercise safety protocols in full compliance with state and federal regulations.

What transportation services does The Allendale Community for Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have a geriatric, healthcare trained, driver and two, 8 seat transport vehicles which are scheduled for residents’ medical (Doctor, Dentist and other appointments and, occasional special, family requests; all within a 3-5 mile radius of our senior living campus.

Costs for The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Photos of The Allendale Community for Senior Living

Services and Amenities of The Allendale Community for Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

• Companion Suites: Yes

About The Allendale Community for Senior Living

At Allendale Community for Senior Living, we strive every day to create a caring environment where all people are welcome to enjoy the life they choose, the respect they have earned, the medical care they need, and the community they deserve. We celebrate individuality, honor diversity, and nurture mutual trust. Because caring for each other is not just our mission. It’s our passion.

Since 1967, our family-owned, physician operated community has been dedicated to serving the people of Bergen County and beyond. Our compassionate staff is here to welcome residents to their new home and make sure all of their needs are taken care of. We strive to make life happy and rewarding for residents and their families.

The moment you step inside the Allendale Community for Senior Living, you know you’re in a special place. With happy faces, positive energy, and a caring, welcoming environment. We are dedicated to providing a continuum of specialized medical care to support each resident’s total well-being and peace of mind.

Newly renovated, our stunning interior allows for gracious living. Our well-appointed residents’ apartments which are individually climate-controlled, can be customized to personal taste. We are extremely proud that we are a Green Community. Our solar rooftop system reduces CO2 emissions and greenhouse gases which helps control the earth’s temperature, and reduces cardiovascular and respiratory issues by reducing nitrous oxides, sulfur dioxide and particulate matter emissions.

One of the benefits of living at Allendale Community for Senior Living is the multitude of chores that will now be handled by our staff. We are here to make life for our residents easier. This means that virtually anything our residents need assistance with will be taken care of for them. This includes general housekeeping, preparing meals, grocery shopping, and driving to appointments. Of course, residents are still free to do many of these tasks themselves if they prefer—the beauty here is that you have the option.

• Social, hotel-like assisted living in our Atrium Community
  • 5 Star Staffing
  • Studio, 1 and 2-Bedroom Apartments, Companion Suite Option
  • 24-hour staff available for assistance
  • Fun, engaging daily activities in our Senior Social Club
  • PT Room - PT, OT, Speech Therapy On Site
  • Optional transportation to appointments and errands
  • Three meals served daily at no extra cost
  • Room maintenance and housekeeping
  • Off-Site Excursions, Site-Seeing Bus
  • Ramapo Valley Railroad Club Display
  • 5% Veteran Discount
  • Short-Term Respite Care Accommodations

“The Allendale Promise” - What matters in life knows no age: Family. Community. Comfort. Choice. Feeling that you belong. That you matter to others and that others matter to you. Our family founded the Allendale Community for Senior Living, pioneering a model of ‘continuum of care’. To provide you with the ability to live the life you choose and enjoy the joy of family and friends. Knowing that someone you trust is taking care of your needs, no matter how much they change. We are a community. We are a family.

Map of The Allendale Community for Senior Living