Langdon Place of Exeter, A Senior Living Community

Reviews of Langdon Place of Exeter, A Senior Living Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Langdon Place of Exeter, A Senior Living Community

January 21, 2016

By A daughter's review

My mother became a resident at Langdon Place six years ago, after needing to be on oxygen full time after a bout with pneumonia, She was able to have a single room with a large window over looking the parking lot where relatives arrive to visit. She enjoys this aspect of her room, as well as the private bathroom within it. The style of the whole building is very upscale, with a formal dining room, where once a week cocktail parties are held, as well as celebrations once a month for the residents born within it. There's a den/library that offers large screen viewing of movies, and a recently updated pool and whirlpool in. a southern exposure large area with sliding glass doors to let in the fresh air as the weather permits. Holidays are celebrated with special events and treats from the kitchen- with family members welcome to attend. An activities director plans outings to local places of interest, as well in 'in house' activities. On to the health overseeing that she has benefited from: without sharing private details of my mother's various conditions through out the past years, I can truly exclaim with great gusto, "God Bless the 2nd floor nurses!". I am sure her life has been saved more than once by the skilled care she has received. There have been lung issues, caught before getting more serious requiring hospitalization. There have been skin issues that are chronic, and somewhat the result of choices my mother continues to make. Still the tending to them with twice a day treatments is carried through with patience and diligence. I am in and out several times a week, and seen the kindness and genuine affection shown to my mother. She is still ambulatory with a walker to both carry a traveling oxygen canister, and offer balance support, when she chooses to leave her room. Housekeeping staff are in the details needed to keep her feeling well cared for, whether a full replacement canister is needed, or she's requesting her bed to be turned down. Langdon Place also offers room service dining for residents no longer interested in joining the dining room group. Time is marching on, as it inevitably does, and despite my mother's choice of less participation in group activities she is very comfortable and continually tended to through out her day., During my last stop in she was exclaiming about the banana cream pie, dessert that had arrived in her room on that evening's dinner tray!

January 15, 2016

By SuHersh

I have been to many communities and Langdon offers so much for their residents. the staff is friendly and truly cares about the needs and wants of their residents. It has been part of the Exeter community for a long time. Their amenties include a pool that is used my residents and their family members. A lot of fun. You need to come and see the community for yourself.

October 16, 2014

By NHfamily

Please consider all of your options before settling on Langdon. My parents were residents at Langdon and while their doctor was not an employee of the facility, the nurses and staff were, and should have realized that the care he was prescribing was not in their best interests. Both of my parents became very ill and required placement in a full fledged nursing home. Upon arrival, the staff at the actual nursing home were shocked at their skeletal condition, and by the extreme number of medications they were on. As we waded through the details of their records from Langdon, it was evident that they were moved where they could be ignored and that their doctor would just add more and more meds onto their regimen regardless of the results. I am happy to report that since leaving Langdon, my mother has gained 25 pounds in three months and my father has gained probably around 12-15. They are on hardly any medications and their "infirmities" seem to be disappearing with each passing week. Please, if you must be in assisted living, choose carefully, and if you cannot convince your parents to give you full access to their medical treatment records, try and convey them my story so that they understand why family needs to know more about what is going on. The staff should have protested my parents' care, yet didn't, so I do hold them as accountable as their PCP. My parents experienced personality changes due to narcotics and other needless medications.

February 11, 2014

By Olga118

This is a nice facility but before moving your loved one in be sure to ask about their failure to meet the NH State fire code for non-ambulatory residents. They did not disclose this information to us but the NH State Fire Marshall's office confirmed it and it could mean that when your loved one becomes non ambulatory they will have to move which is incredibly stressful for an elderly person.

September 26, 2012

By Alice 2

Langdon Place has a swimming pool. I have arthritis and a warm water pool is the best thing I can do for myself. There are three buildings and I think it's the most spacious place I have seen. The people were as gracious as they could be. I would recommend this facility.

Nursing Home Reviews for Langdon Place of Exeter, A Senior Living Community

• Pharma

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: National Hospice And Palliative Care Organization / Ncal National Center For Assisted Living

• Diabetic

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Langdon Place of Exeter, A Senior Living Community

Langdon Place of Exeter, A Senior Living Community is a senior living provider in Exeter, New Hampshire that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Langdon Place of Exeter, A Senior Living Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Langdon Place of Exeter, A Senior Living Community