MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

2360 Wingfield Hills Drive, Sparks, NV 89436
MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks (800) 385-2527

Reviews of MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks

Assisted Living Reviews for MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks

February 24, 2021

By Bernadette

I like MorningStar, but it wasn't suitable for my father with just the way it was set up. The facility was beautiful, gorgeous, very clean, very calm, and very nice, and the setting where it was located was nice as well. It was just almost too much apartment living. I think it had a lot to do with it being a much bigger facility. If my father were stronger and more mobile, then I would say yes, but it didn't seem like a right fit. They were able to show one apartment from the outside. They also followed up, which is nice, and I really appreciated that. I explained to them if things were different, most likely we would have chosen them because they were reasonably priced. I didn't meet any other staff except the front desk and the person that gave us the tour. They were really nice, they answered all my questions, they took the time, and they were really accommodating. The place was very clean and very organized, too.

How wonderful to hear so many words of affirmation. Our great thanks for taking the time to pen your positive experience at MorningStar!

October 01, 2020

By Michelle

So far our experience with MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks is fine. The staff is helpful. My dad is on a special diet so I don't have a lot to say about the food; he's on blended food right now. Because of the COVID we can't really go in, but from what I've seen the facilities are nice.

Thank you for your words of praise. We are working tirelessly to compensate for the restrictions with the depth of our love.

August 09, 2019

By David

MorningStar of Sparks was nice and huge, and it had both assisted and independent living in the same facility, but in different wings. The room I saw was nice and had a little kitchenette. It's a newer place, but a lot more expensive than everybody else.

July 24, 2019

By Jozsef

MorningStar of Sparks was a big, very friendly, and very new place. The staff was very nice. The managers take care of things and were very helpful. I highly recommend it. They take people to shopping and to different places. The rooms were very nice. They had a separate wing for memory care. The dining area was nice, like a restaurant. They had a seminar about insurances and Veterans' assistance, a band was playing some nice oldies music, and the residents were singing along and were very happy. They had a movie theater, yoga classes, and other physical activities.

October 09, 2018

By Jan

I was a resident of MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks. I would say that it's an outstanding community, the staff is very caring, and everybody seems to get along so well. There were people who have lived there for many years. It's top of the line. They have all kinds of things like mahjong, except for a swimming pool, although it didn't bother any of us. We had a couple of art teachers and speech classes, there's a wonderful gym that you can work out in, and take fitness classes. The food was very good, they took our suggestions, and we had a meeting about it every month. The facilities are lovely, although some of the decorations are not my style. However, I could always make my apartment my own. I really can't find anything wrong with them; they're lovely all the way around.

March 29, 2018

By Lorell

MorningStar looked nice, but dated in styling. The facilities were older and there were less amenities. Their apartments were some of the largest ones with nice large walk-in closets and such. The person who assisted me was very personable and seemed to know a lot about the community. However, he didn't seem very passionate about our unique needs. It has a much older population with fewer and less physical activities. They have a very small gym with minimal equipment. The food looked good, but there were not a lot of fresh vegetables or fresh fruits.

August 21, 2017

By Anonymous

MorningStar is very good. They have a lot of activities like bean bags, gardening, Bingo, and other games, also music, and lots of parties. The staff is also good.

August 21, 2017

By Liz

MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks is a beautiful place, and we really like it. The rooms are very spacious, and the food is delicious. It is a nice community, and the staff is great. My grandmother has been there for about a month now. They take great care of everything.

December 29, 2016

By Corinne340555

My mom wants to go to MorningStar of Sparks. She likes Asad, the representative, because he has a personality that really clicked with her. I like the rooms and the feel. Everyone was super friendly and more casual. The place wasn't as nice in appearance outside, but the food was fine. There's a place for a washer and dryer, but we have to buy our own. When we were there, they were having an awesome margarita day. They treated us very well.

November 24, 2016

By Joe135022

MorningStar of Sparks was beautiful. It was like a 5-star hotel and absolutely grogeous. The staff and everything was good, but it was horribly expensive. The rooms were full-sized apartments. They have activities and everything there.

May 10, 2016

By MicheleCVWSB

MorningStar was beautiful. They have assisted living and memory care unit right there, and lots of activities if the person wanted to do them. The community seems extremely clean, but when we get down to cost, it is pretty exuberant for most seniors to be in a place that is so very nice. The room is small but spacious. We looked at a one-bedroom apartment with a bathroom that was very open and free of clutter, so there wouldn't be any falls, plus they have all the rails and the safety features already installed. Each of the apartments also had a refrigerator and microwave in it, so that a person who doesn't want to go to the dining room would have those two features.

May 10, 2016

By Caring GranddaughterCQNBM

Some staff at MorningStar are great and some are not. For the most part, they are helpful and accommodating. There is one bad apple that they keep, and I don’t know why. They do all kinds of activities, like bingo, music, outings, social hour, concerts, and church. The dining area is big and spacious and has a granite top table. It’s nice. The community is very clean. But the marketing and the billing managers are not on the same page and don't communicate. When it comes to overall communication in the place, it’s a zero. It is very important because when they called us for the assessment, we gave them every single detail about my grandma, and when my grandmother got there, the coordinator didn’t know anything about my grandma’s highs and lows and what to look for or anything.

December 16, 2015

By Karen117878950

My father is a senior and has friends at MorningStar, so we go out there regularly to visit with him. I think they're very organized, have a great staff, have very food, and have lots and lots of activities for every level of senior. They're big on baseball and have little tournaments with the other places around town. They also have lots of card games, bingo, music come in occasionally, which is very nice, and cooking demonstrations, so they have a lot going on. They have their buses to take seniors on shopping trips and outside activities and scheduled trips to their medical appointments, so it’s very convenient for them. The rooms are very nice and clean. They have several levels for seniors: independent living, assisted living with a minimal amount of care, and advanced care. We have one friend that needs a lot of assistance, so it's very good for them. He's wheelchair-bound, and they have the staff to help him in and out, with bathing, and all that kind of stuff. I think it's a very clean and friendly place. They have a good staff that is readily available.

October 23, 2015

My mother liked MorningStar. It was very nice, and everybody knew her name. My mother loved the staff, and the food was decent. I had a tough time getting answers from the administration, however. The last bill they sent was incorrect.

July 14, 2015

By Marilyn48

MorningStar is a very nice place with very nice people. The facility is pretty, and the food is delicious. The rooms all look like brand new and very nice. They have many activities like trips. The dining room setup is like a restaurant style, and the staff is very attentive and helpful; they helped my friend when they moved in.

April 17, 2015

By William104550850

I moved to Morningstar March of 2013, and I've been a continuous resident since then. Their staff is extremely friendly, and their accommodations are comfortable. I don’t usually participate here too much, but they do have a whole range of activities. They have daytrips and things for the women or men if they want to join. They also have card games and a theater.

March 30, 2015

By Mark103823950

My father has been living in MorningStar for a couple of years, but he has just recently moved in to the managed care -- same building, just a different floor. The people are nice, but it turns out they no longer have a nurse. I was really disappointed. They have what you call med techs. If my dad has a problem and if they needed a decision whether to go to the hospital, they can't make that decision. They call me, and I'm not a doctor. They don't take their blood pressure, and they are not trained in CPR. My father and my mother had a private two-bedroom until they went from the third floor down to first floor. She went with him because it would be more expensive for her to stay in the active senior part of it and have him in a separate place. They are in the assisted living apartment, but she is not getting any services. There is bingo, bean bag baseball, and ice cream socials, but not enough physical stuff. The grounds are very pretty, and it is a very nice building. The food is sometimes good, sometimes bad; they are not consistent.

November 11, 2014

By Barbara96429850

I very much like MorningStar of Sparks. My sister and I went there three times before choosing it for our parents. Now we are in the process of obtaining a unit. We had lunch and dinner and talked with the residents, and it felt very comfortable. Money wise is was very economical. The amenities were wonderful. The food was very good. The grounds are lovely, and it was just very clean. They have a lot of activities. We watched some of the residents taking part in some of their different activities and just felt like our parents would fit in here well. Everyone was so friendly and very confident and very accommodating. We were just very pleased with that.

November 05, 2014

By Barba1

I liked everything about MorningStar. It was beautiful, and the staff was very nice. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. I had lunch there and the food was excellent. It looked like there was a lot of activities. They had movies, exercise classes, card games, and arts and crafts. It’s about a medium-type neighborhood. There was a shopping center across from it, but their grounds were so big that it wouldn’t matter. I remember the beautiful apartments; they were very large and had a full kitchenette.

Independent Living Reviews for MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks

June 27, 2021

By Joyce

I liked most of what I saw at MorningStar. The people were very friendly and very nice. They showed me all around. It just seemed like it was friendly. What impressed me was we went up in the elevator at some place, they had a little room there where they had coffee and donuts, and different things up there, and the people could come up there whenever they wanted to, and they could sample the food, and I thought that was neat. They were thorough. You have to have your temperature done and you have to go through quite a bit because of the virus. The other places didn't seem to be as strict as they were. I really liked that place. It just seemed like it was nice and clean. It didn't have a swimming pool, but everything else was pretty good. The staff member who assisted us was very good. She was very friendly and very nice.

How wonderful to hear so many words of affirmation. Our great thanks for taking the time to pen your positive experience at MorningStar amidst what for the entire world is a challenging time.

October 06, 2019

By Pat

My mother moved into MorningStar of Sparks, and so far she really enjoys it there. She's meeting a lot of people. She's in independent, and their staff is very friendly and helpful. They have a salon, but my mom has not used that. The apartments have washer and dryer hookup. They do laundry for a fee, housekeeping weekly, change their bedding, and serve three meals. They have a continental breakfast and serve lunch and dinner. She enjoys the food, but the menu is pretty much the same week to week. They have a theater room and a small gym.

December 19, 2018

By Donna

I've been in MorningStar of Sparks for several years. I think it does very well. The buildings are well-maintained, and the apartments are a nice size with big bathrooms and lots of closets. They also have covered parking and quite a few activities, like bingo, and they take us places every other week like to the parks, casinos, to shows. You have to sign up and go. They have a medic three days a week where they take you anywhere you need to go, and if you need to go more than five miles, they charge you for that. The staff overall is great, but they have a lot of turnover and if they have the same people all the time that would have been better. I understand it's pretty standard here, but it would be nice to know the same people and so forth. The dining room is a big open area. The building is four stories high, and they have the main library on the second floor, which is a good size and well-taken care of. They also have a smaller library on the first floor by the coffee shop, and another one in the third and fourth floor and in the assisted living. They've got lots of books around for people to read.

Donna, Thank you for your kind words about our community. We love it here, too! I know that new faces (and several at that,) can elicit some feelings of uncertainty. However, MorningStar of Sparks is committed to finding the best to serve our seniors. We truly appreciate your feedback and with our new team, we look forward to much more growth.

Memory Care Reviews for MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks

Questions about MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

MorningStar provides training on our Lavender Sky dementia program. Training is for every team member regardless of location in the building.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our AL residents is 85 years old. Mealtimes are very popular- it is just one opportunity for our residents to share good food with good company.

What programs or activities does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks offer to enrich residents' well-being?

MorningStar of Sparks has a robust life enrichment calendar! Some of the more popular activities are: exercise classes, chef demonstrations in our activity kitchen, bean bag baseball, bingo, Margarita Monday, history lectures and other educational seminars, and painting club.

What places are near MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community has a beautiful walking path that winds through a neighborhood. There is also a shopping center within walking distance. The shopping center includes a grocery store, a coffee shop, a convenient store, a dentist, a few restaurants, several banks and a dry cleaner.

What transportation services does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks offer to assisted living residents?

MorningStar provides transportation to and from medical appointments on scheduled days (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). Appointments must be scheduled. We also provide transportation to scheduled outings such as shopping trips, restaurant visits, and events in the community.

What makes the chef or dining program at MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our food is phenomenal! We employ an Executive Chef who has experience catering for large groups of people. Menus are varied and include something for everyone. We also provide a soup and salad bar at both lunch and dinner.

What safety features or security measures does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks offer to assisted living residents?

Our community focuses on the safety of our residents and family members. The doors lock in the evening and guests must be buzzed in by our concierge. Team members are here 24/7, including the concierge.

How does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

MorningStar of Sparks has a blog that families can subscribe to and/or view from our web page. The blog is titled, "Eventful". We also have a monthly newsletter to keep families informed about events in the community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff care managers based on the acuity levels of our current residents and those who are moving in.

If MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

MorningStar is very pet-friendly! Our residents must be able to care for their pet and cannot bring them in the dining room. Dogs must be on a leash and taken outside to one of our many pet stations.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our independent residents is 83 years old. We have a good ratio of men to women. Social hours and events are their favorite things to do.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks has organized?

Casino trips, a picnic at Washoe Lake, lunch at Sunnyside in Lake Tahoe, shopping trip to the mall, and dinner at various restaurants in Sparks and Reno

What transportation services does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our community features a bistro, a large cinema, a garden room, a library, a large activities area for crafts and games, as well a hospitality room for cards, pool, and shuffleboard.

What safety features or security measures does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks offer to independent living residents?

Does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We partner with many agencies in our area to provide the best care for our independent residents.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our staffing ratios are regulated by the state. We have 1 caregiver to every 6 residents at all times. This does not include our activities team.

What safety features or security measures does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks provide to protect residents who wander?

All side entrances require a fob to access. Additionally, our team members are aware of the needs of our residents. If a resident is prone to wandering, we engage them in social activities and keep them stimulated.

What programs or activities does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

MorningStar uses technology to incorporate Reminiscence Therapy, Music Therapy, and Validation Therapy. Programming is scheduled throughout the day to keep the residents engaged and stimulated, as well as maintain the body's circadian rhythm.

We have a Wellness Director and two nurses on staff to assess our residents' health and cognitive functioning. Our memory care team play an integral role in reporting any changes they may see.

What techniques does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We use Music Therapy during our mealtimes- more upbeat music is played at breakfast, we slow the beats per minute down a little during lunch, and then during dinner, we have softer music playing.

How does MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our wellness team has care conferences with families.

Describe the neighborhood around MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

MorningStar is located in a residential neighborhood.

Costs for MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: 5192AGZ-11

About MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks

We strive to create a true home where you can enjoy your retirement years as carefree as possible. Offering a lifestyle of comfort, wellness and community, our team works diligently to give residents a quality of life eclipsing that of other senior living facilities.

At MorningStar of Sparks, we are proud to offer 128 bright suites for independent living and 80 for assisted living. Additionally, our Reflections Neighborhood offers 32 secure suites devoted to the individualized, specialized care of those with memory impairment caused by Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.

For seniors needing a helping hand from time to time, MorningStar is here, with the surpassing goal of being the best assisted living in Reno, NV area. When contrasted with other senior assisted living facilities, MorningStar’s exceptional architecture and design will impress you from the first. Our graciously appointed spaces are extensions of your private suite—polished and ready to receive your callers at a moment’s notice.

Amenities:

We offer you a lifestyle of comfort, wellness and community through these amenities and programs.

• Three meals daily prepared by an Executive Chef
  • Dining Room with restaurant-style service
  • Private Dining Room (for intimate dinners)
  • Bistro
  • Chapel/Theatre
  • Library (including a computer)
  • General Store (sundry items for daily living)
  • Spa Bath
  • Wellness Programs & Activities
  • 24-hour Care Staff
  • Full-time Licensed Nurse
  • Scheduled Transportation
  • Salon (for hairstyling, manicures and pedicures)
  • Floor Plans

The stylish floor plans of our spacious suites are designed with ceiling lighting, high ceilings, large windows, wall-to-wall carpeting and mini blinds. All that’s missing are your personal furnishings and treasures—even the furry kind (yes, we’re pet friendly).

• Full, handicapped-accessible bathroom
  • Emergency call system
  • Private heating & air conditioning
  • Basic cable TV and utilities
  • Housekeeping (weekly)
  • Laundry and linen service (weekly)
  • Laundry facilities
  • Spot cleaning and trash removal (daily)

Map of MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks