MorningStar of Sparks

Reviews of MorningStar of Sparks

Assisted Living Reviews for MorningStar of Sparks

August 21, 2017

By Liz

MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks is a beautiful place, and we really like it. The rooms are very spacious, and the food is delicious. It is a nice community, and the staff is great. My grandmother has been there for about a month now. They take great care of everything.

December 29, 2016

By Corinne340555

My mom wants to go to MorningStar of Sparks. She likes Asad, the representative, because he has a personality that really clicked with her. I like the rooms and the feel. Everyone was super friendly and more casual. The place wasn't as nice in appearance outside, but the food was fine. There's a place for a washer and dryer, but we have to buy our own. When we were there, they were having an awesome margarita day. They treated us very well.

November 24, 2016

By Joe135022

MorningStar of Sparks was beautiful. It was like a 5-star hotel and absolutely grogeous. The staff and everything was good, but it was horribly expensive. The rooms were full-sized apartments. They have activities and everything there.

May 10, 2016

By MicheleCVWSB

MorningStar was beautiful. They have assisted living and memory care unit right there, and lots of activities if the person wanted to do them. The community seems extremely clean, but when we get down to cost, it is pretty exuberant for most seniors to be in a place that is so very nice. The room is small but spacious. We looked at a one-bedroom apartment with a bathroom that was very open and free of clutter, so there wouldn't be any falls, plus they have all the rails and the safety features already installed. Each of the apartments also had a refrigerator and microwave in it, so that a person who doesn't want to go to the dining room would have those two features.

May 10, 2016

By Caring GranddaughterCQNBM

Some staff at MorningStar are great and some are not. For the most part, they are helpful and accommodating. There is one bad apple that they keep, and I don’t know why. They do all kinds of activities, like bingo, music, outings, social hour, concerts, and church. The dining area is big and spacious and has a granite top table. It’s nice. The community is very clean. But the marketing and the billing managers are not on the same page and don't communicate. When it comes to overall communication in the place, it’s a zero. It is very important because when they called us for the assessment, we gave them every single detail about my grandma, and when my grandmother got there, the coordinator didn’t know anything about my grandma’s highs and lows and what to look for or anything.

December 16, 2015

By Karen117878950

My father is a senior and has friends at MorningStar, so we go out there regularly to visit with him. I think they're very organized, have a great staff, have very food, and have lots and lots of activities for every level of senior. They're big on baseball and have little tournaments with the other places around town. They also have lots of card games, bingo, music come in occasionally, which is very nice, and cooking demonstrations, so they have a lot going on. They have their buses to take seniors on shopping trips and outside activities and scheduled trips to their medical appointments, so it’s very convenient for them. The rooms are very nice and clean. They have several levels for seniors: independent living, assisted living with a minimal amount of care, and advanced care. We have one friend that needs a lot of assistance, so it's very good for them. He's wheelchair-bound, and they have the staff to help him in and out, with bathing, and all that kind of stuff. I think it's a very clean and friendly place. They have a good staff that is readily available.

October 23, 2015

My mother liked MorningStar. It was very nice, and everybody knew her name. My mother loved the staff, and the food was decent. I had a tough time getting answers from the administration, however. The last bill they sent was incorrect.

July 14, 2015

By Marilyn48

MorningStar is a very nice place with very nice people. The facility is pretty, and the food is delicious. The rooms all look like brand new and very nice. They have many activities like trips. The dining room setup is like a restaurant style, and the staff is very attentive and helpful; they helped my friend when they moved in.

April 17, 2015

By William104550850

I moved to Morningstar March of 2013, and I've been a continuous resident since then. Their staff is extremely friendly, and their accommodations are comfortable. I don’t usually participate here too much, but they do have a whole range of activities. They have daytrips and things for the women or men if they want to join. They also have card games and a theater.

March 30, 2015

By Mark103823950

My father has been living in MorningStar for a couple of years, but he has just recently moved in to the managed care -- same building, just a different floor. The people are nice, but it turns out they no longer have a nurse. I was really disappointed. They have what you call med techs. If my dad has a problem and if they needed a decision whether to go to the hospital, they can't make that decision. They call me, and I'm not a doctor. They don't take their blood pressure, and they are not trained in CPR. My father and my mother had a private two-bedroom until they went from the third floor down to first floor. She went with him because it would be more expensive for her to stay in the active senior part of it and have him in a separate place. They are in the assisted living apartment, but she is not getting any services. There is bingo, bean bag baseball, and ice cream socials, but not enough physical stuff. The grounds are very pretty, and it is a very nice building. The food is sometimes good, sometimes bad; they are not consistent.

November 11, 2014

By Barbara96429850

I very much like MorningStar of Sparks. My sister and I went there three times before choosing it for our parents. Now we are in the process of obtaining a unit. We had lunch and dinner and talked with the residents, and it felt very comfortable. Money wise is was very economical. The amenities were wonderful. The food was very good. The grounds are lovely, and it was just very clean. They have a lot of activities. We watched some of the residents taking part in some of their different activities and just felt like our parents would fit in here well. Everyone was so friendly and very confident and very accommodating. We were just very pleased with that.

November 05, 2014

By Barba1

I liked everything about MorningStar. It was beautiful, and the staff was very nice. The grounds were absolutely beautiful. I had lunch there and the food was excellent. It looked like there was a lot of activities. They had movies, exercise classes, card games, and arts and crafts. It’s about a medium-type neighborhood. There was a shopping center across from it, but their grounds were so big that it wouldn’t matter. I remember the beautiful apartments; they were very large and had a full kitchenette.

October 25, 2013

Bonaventure was very nice and a little more upscale. They had a patio where the people could sit and the ground, which was enclosed, had flowers and benches. The people seemed to be more able and some of them had their own car. The staff was very nice and very helpful. They had bigger apartments. They had two dining rooms and more selections for meals. The food was good. They had a theater. I would recommend them to others.

April 26, 2013

By caring2603

Bonaventure is very clean and highly rated. The food seems to be excellent, and the rooms are always clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Resident activities include being able to cook and they also have a physical therapist that comes in.

Independent Living Reviews for MorningStar of Sparks

Memory Care Reviews for MorningStar of Sparks

Questions about MorningStar of Sparks

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

MorningStar provides training on our Lavender Sky dementia program. Training is for every team member regardless of location in the building.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at MorningStar of Sparks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our AL residents is 85 years old. Mealtimes are very popular- it is just one opportunity for our residents to share good food with good company.

What programs or activities does MorningStar of Sparks offer to enrich residents' well-being?

MorningStar of Sparks has a robust life enrichment calendar! Some of the more popular activities are: exercise classes, chef demonstrations in our activity kitchen, bean bag baseball, bingo, Margarita Monday, history lectures and other educational seminars, and painting club.

What places are near MorningStar of Sparks or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community has a beautiful walking path that winds through a neighborhood. There is also a shopping center within walking distance. The shopping center includes a grocery store, a coffee shop, a convenient store, a dentist, a few restaurants, several banks and a dry cleaner.

What transportation services does MorningStar of Sparks offer to assisted living residents?

MorningStar provides transportation to and from medical appointments on scheduled days (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). Appointments must be scheduled. We also provide transportation to scheduled outings such as shopping trips, restaurant visits, and events in the community.

What makes the chef or dining program at MorningStar of Sparks exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our food is phenomenal! We employ an Executive Chef who has experience catering for large groups of people. Menus are varied and include something for everyone. We also provide a soup and salad bar at both lunch and dinner.

What safety features or security measures does MorningStar of Sparks offer to assisted living residents?

Our community focuses on the safety of our residents and family members. The doors lock in the evening and guests must be buzzed in by our concierge. Team members are here 24/7, including the concierge.

How does MorningStar of Sparks keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

MorningStar of Sparks has a blog that families can subscribe to and/or view from our web page. The blog is titled, "Eventful". We also have a monthly newsletter to keep families informed about events in the community.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at MorningStar of Sparks during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff care managers based on the acuity levels of our current residents and those who are moving in.

If MorningStar of Sparks accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

MorningStar is very pet-friendly! Our residents must be able to care for their pet and cannot bring them in the dining room. Dogs must be on a leash and taken outside to one of our many pet stations.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at MorningStar of Sparks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our independent residents is 83 years old. We have a good ratio of men to women. Social hours and events are their favorite things to do.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at MorningStar of Sparks has organized?

Casino trips, a picnic at Washoe Lake, lunch at Sunnyside in Lake Tahoe, shopping trip to the mall, and dinner at various restaurants in Sparks and Reno

What transportation services does MorningStar of Sparks offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at MorningStar of Sparks exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our community features a bistro, a large cinema, a garden room, a library, a large activities area for crafts and games, as well a hospitality room for cards, pool, and shuffleboard.

What safety features or security measures does MorningStar of Sparks offer to independent living residents?

Does MorningStar of Sparks work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We partner with many agencies in our area to provide the best care for our independent residents.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our staffing ratios are regulated by the state. We have 1 caregiver to every 6 residents at all times. This does not include our activities team.

What safety features or security measures does MorningStar of Sparks provide to protect residents who wander?

All side entrances require a fob to access. Additionally, our team members are aware of the needs of our residents. If a resident is prone to wandering, we engage them in social activities and keep them stimulated.

What programs or activities does MorningStar of Sparks offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

MorningStar uses technology to incorporate Reminiscence Therapy, Music Therapy, and Validation Therapy. Programming is scheduled throughout the day to keep the residents engaged and stimulated, as well as maintain the body's circadian rhythm.

We have a Wellness Director and two nurses on staff to assess our residents' health and cognitive functioning. Our memory care team play an integral role in reporting any changes they may see.

What techniques does MorningStar of Sparks use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We use Music Therapy during our mealtimes- more upbeat music is played at breakfast, we slow the beats per minute down a little during lunch, and then during dinner, we have softer music playing.

How does MorningStar of Sparks keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our wellness team has care conferences with families.

Describe the neighborhood around MorningStar of Sparks. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

MorningStar is located in a residential neighborhood.

Costs for MorningStar of Sparks

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: 5192AGZ-11

About MorningStar of Sparks

morningstarseniorliving.com

We strive to create a true home where you can enjoy your retirement years as carefree as possible. Offering a lifestyle of comfort, wellness and community, our team works diligently to give residents a quality of life eclipsing that of other senior living facilities.

At MorningStar of Sparks, we are proud to offer 128 bright suites for independent living and 80 for assisted living. Additionally, our Reflections Neighborhood offers 32 secure suites devoted to the individualized, specialized care of those with memory impairment caused by Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.

For seniors needing a helping hand from time to time, MorningStar is here, with the surpassing goal of being the best assisted living in Reno, NV area. When contrasted with other senior assisted living facilities, MorningStar’s exceptional architecture and design will impress you from the first. Our graciously appointed spaces are extensions of your private suite—polished and ready to receive your callers at a moment’s notice.

Amenities:

We offer you a lifestyle of comfort, wellness and community through these amenities and programs.

• Three meals daily prepared by an Executive Chef
  • Dining Room with restaurant-style service
  • Private Dining Room (for intimate dinners)
  • Bistro
  • Chapel/Theatre
  • Library (including a computer)
  • General Store (sundry items for daily living)
  • Spa Bath
  • Wellness Programs & Activities
  • 24-hour Care Staff
  • Full-time Licensed Nurse
  • Scheduled Transportation
  • Salon (for hairstyling, manicures and pedicures)
  • Floor Plans

The stylish floor plans of our spacious suites are designed with ceiling lighting, high ceilings, large windows, wall-to-wall carpeting and mini blinds. All that’s missing are your personal furnishings and treasures—even the furry kind (yes, we’re pet friendly).

• Full, handicapped-accessible bathroom
  • Emergency call system
  • Private heating & air conditioning
  • Basic cable TV and utilities
  • Housekeeping (weekly)
  • Laundry and linen service (weekly)
  • Laundry facilities
  • Spot cleaning and trash removal (daily)

At MorningStar of Sparks, our goal is to be the best senior living Reno, NV and the surrounding area has to offer. All of our efforts are aimed at creating an environment built on a foundation of love, where each resident is treated with the utmost respect and dignity.

Map of MorningStar of Sparks