Stone Valley

Assisted Living Reviews for Stone Valley

Memory Care Reviews for Stone Valley

September 02, 2019

By Alex

I've been exceptionally pleased with everything about Stone Valley: the facility, the staff, and the support in the transition of moving my wife there. I couldn't be more pleased with everything. They have made so many people available so they can have her personal needs taken care of: her hair, her nails and toenails. It's a purpose built Alzheimer's unit. It has motion detectors in the ceilings, they go check on them at night, and they have staff members walking around the hallways interacting with them constantly. They play old movies all day long, and they have an activities director. Her room is shared, but she's the only person in there right now. They put their pictures in the little bio outside their door. It's been a big relief knowing the care that she's getting up there. It's a well-structured facility, and everybody is trained specifically for their duties. They have three meals and three options for their entrees at every meal.

August 28, 2015

By Billie3

I felt like Stone Valley Alzheimer's Special Care Center was a really nice facility. It was clean, and it seemed like there was plenty of staff there. I go by there almost everyday, and it seems to be working out really well for my mom. The rooms are great, and there is plenty of room. My mom is in a shared room, which I never thought she would like. She has a fabulous roommate; they work really hard to pair them up with somebody that they would get along with. Their furniture is nice; she could bring in some things. Everything is nice, new and in very good condition. My biggest thing was I wanted for my mom to be able to take her cat with her, and this was one where they allowed pets.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

• Housing Extra: Private & Shared Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Stone Valley

sunshineretirementliving.com

Stone Valley is a warm, welcoming senior community for those in need of assisted living, transitional assisted living, or memory care.

Our memory care facility in Reno offers Transitional Assisted Living for persons starting to experience memory challenges, Memory Care for Alzheimer’s and dementia, respite, and hospice care with a professional staff available day and night.

• Custom, Worry Free Living
  • Short Term & Respite Stays
  • Easy-Move Program
  • Resident Referral Program
  • Month-To-Month Lease

Our Alzheimer’s, Memory Care, and Transitional Care programs are designed to nurture the physical, social, spiritual, cognitive, and emotional needs of all our residents. Our programs include:

• Music Therapy: era-specific music to bring back fond memories and decrease anxiety
  • Aroma Therapy: Smells reminiscent from childhood such as home-baked cookies and fresh baked bread
  • Validation Techniques: Words are powerful and our residents are encouraged to give and receive positive feedback
  • Socialization: Residents and staff all enjoy time together each day to combat feelings of loneliness and isolation
  • Health & Wellness Activities: Join one of our many low-impact exercise classes, or flex your brain with a game of cards
  • Life Skills Stations: Miniature kitchens, faux engines, and mailboxes are among the many real-life scenarios and work the residents did in their youth

Stone Valley combines Person-Centered Care with an extensive wellness program that encompasses the key components of health and wellness through physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual nurturing to enable your loved one to live life to the fullest in a safe and secure environment.

Map of Stone Valley