Park Place Assisted Living Reno, NV

Reviews of Park Place Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Park Place Assisted Living

February 10, 2017

By labarr

My siblings and I are so glad that we found Park Place for our mother, who needed a higher level of care after breaking her hip. The staff takes such good care of her, and she feels at home and well taken care of. Her room is beautiful and filled with light. She also said she really likes the food. They also do an amazing job of coordinating care for doctors appointments and medications and such. We are all very grateful that we can rest assured that she is in such good hands.

November 30, 2016

By Joseph857702

My cousin was in Park Place, and it was a really good experience. She had a studio, and it was good. The staff was very good. They had arts, they had transportation to functions in town, and they also had a stylist that would come in. The food was really good from what I heard, and it was most reasonably priced.

November 28, 2016

By Joe235031

Park Place is a beautiful community. It is some place that I would very much like to move one of my clients into. There are individual units. There’s both assisted and independent living. It’s really very nice. I was very impressed. The rooms are not huge, but they’re very nice. There are lots of activities for the residents. I was very impressed overall by that. There’s quite a few activities and things of that nature. It was all very impressive.

November 28, 2016

By Stefany411053

My least favorite was Park Place. It was more designed to be like a home environment, so there are different homes on the property. You might have anywhere from 5 to 7 people living in the home. They have their own room, and then they share a common area and a common eating area. Some people get overwhelmed with bigger situations. My mom’s personality is that it is too close to quarters with people she may or may not like, and she doesn’t want to live with 5 other people. It is just not her personality. The eating area looked worn down like the table was covered with thick plastic stuff. It doesn’t have a very good look to it. What I did like about Park Place was they know their stuff. I sat there and talked to them for probably an hour and we discussed everything that my mom has been going through. They just seemed to have a really good handle on how to work with elderly people especially if the elderly person is difficult or they’re experiencing major depression or they’re hard to get along with – They really seemed to know their stuff. As far as the physical look and everything, it wasn’t that grand, but I think they could still take care of people pretty well.

November 14, 2016

By Laura Q.

I cannot give Park Place Assisted Living a very good recommendation. It was extremely dark, the rooms were so small, and we were not impressed at all. We all met one of the staff members, and she was very nice, but the entire setup did not lend itself well to group activities, and it had narrow, dark hallways.

Laura, we regret that your visit was not what you were looking for. Park Place is not a large, institutional community setting, but instead offers a unique gated neighborhood of senior care cottages each designed for 12 with smaller hallways to navigate when one is a fall risk, or has declining memory, strength or vision. Adjoining suites are available and the views from each room of the mountains, Reno City Lights, or park-like setting are amazing. Our resident-centered home-style care with small group activities and personalized live music in room for those we serve with our two license endorsements resulted in Park Place receiving the inaugural Gold Award through the Perry Foundation for Quality Care in Assisted Living. Please feel free to contact me directly should your desire for a larger group setting change.

November 13, 2016

I like Park Place Assisted Living, but I don't like the idea that if they want to go to recreation, they have to go outside. I don't think that's particularly smart for old people. But one of the things I do like is they are willing to take people short-term -- like for a week at a time.

September 01, 2016

By Sharon405174

I have my sister in Park Place, and I love it. It’s wonderful. They have all kinds of activities. They get really good meals. The staff is very friendly, very helpful, and love their jobs.

August 23, 2016

By Barbara116253

I like Park Place Assisted Living because of its home-like setting. There are private rooms on each side of this house that are pretty sizable and have room for a bed and my mom's chair. She has a big bay window, so she can look outside and see people move around. The food is not that wonderful. They don’t have a chef on-duty right now, so the people that are doing the cooking arent't that knowledgeable about special diets.

June 21, 2016

By Laura824678

Our tour of Park Place was very good. It was very nice and clean, and they had the right ratio of staff to the residents. It seemed like a good place. They said there were several activities for them to do every day, and sometimes they’d go on tours.

June 10, 2016

By Mark844677

I placed my mom in Park Place about three weeks ago. It seems to be working out quite well. It's too early to tell conclusively, but so far, we're pleased. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. It has been a good experience. The rooms and apartments are fine and adequate. The food seems to be fine. The dining area is clean and nice.

April 26, 2016

By memere90

It was a difficult decision having to move my 88 year old mother into an assisted living facility. Her dementia had gotten so bad it was no longer safe for her to be at home alone and the cost of 24/7 in-home care was more than we could afford. I did extensive research and toured many different assisted living facilities in the Reno area and decided on Park Place. I knew mom could easily find the dining area, would enjoy sitting on the porch enjoying the beautiful landscaping and taking short walks. However, most importantly I knew she would be safe. After a year at Park Place, mom became ill and was put on hospice care. I am grateful she was able to stay at Park Place during this time. It is not easy losing your mother and since my siblings lived out of town, the staff at Park Place became my extended family during this difficult time. The Executive Director of Park Place was kind enough to play the guitar and sing to mom while she was in a coma, hoping she could hear the music. I will never forget the kindness shown to me by the staff at Park Place but more importantly the loving and compassionate care mom received while she was there.

October 28, 2015

My great-aunt is at Park Place. I think half of the staff goes there because of their paycheck, and the other half really love their job and do an outstanding job. The room is adequate. Any needs that my great-aunt has as far as a hospital bed or a different type of chair, they have been really good at helping me facilitate that and make it happen. I've been pleased with that. My aunt likes the food. It seems to be fine. I would recommend this facility to others.

September 30, 2015

The staff seemed extremely energetic and interested at Park Place. It’s divided into smaller housing units which can be distinguished from the other one. It’s a little different concept from larger size communities. The dining area is different for each unit. I was impressed with the energy of the activities people.

August 13, 2015

I visited Park Place Assisted Living, and it seemed fine. The rooms looked comfortable. The staff who accommodated me seemed friendly and knowledgeable.

Thank you for feedback about your recent tour. I am surprised that you did not have the usual amazing personalized experience when you entered our unique gated community of 5 senior care homes. Most of our staff that make themselves available for nonscheduled tours have cared for their own family members both in Park Place for short/long term stays or else at home with support of our health and hospice partners. We are all like extended family. Leaders round the clock in all departments have 8-10+ years experience at Park Place. I hope that you may re-visit us in the future, but in the meantime, thank you for helping us to improve our future customer tours with your comments. Jeanne Bishop-Parise, ED Park Place Assisted Living

December 26, 2013

By Dani1

My dad is in Park Place. This is a well kept and clean place. It also has a positive environment. It is nice because it is not one big cottage; there are five small houses. The staff is very kind and polite. They took care of my dad through a cataract surgery and that was very helpful. They provide three meals a day plus a snack. They also provide transportation to and from doctor's appointments. As far as activities, they do field trips and they would take them out to lunches, senior center, etc.

October 28, 2013

By Tammy6

I did place my dad in an assisted living facility at Park Place. They have a great staff. What I have seen when I went there, I really liked. I've eaten there and I think their food is fine. Overall, we're happy with this facility. My dad's stay there seems to be going well.

Costs for Park Place Assisted Living

Photos of Park Place Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Park Place Assisted Living

• Fee Structure Extra: Community Fee: $1599

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: NVN333AGC

About Park Place Assisted Living

parkplaceassistedliving.net

Each of the cottages at Park Place is a spacious and inviting home designed specifically for twelve seniors with common areas for dining. Fireplace living rooms and large screen TV day room are ideal for socializing and small group activities. Each resident has his or her own private bedroom with a private bathroom and shower. Each room has a cable TV connection and hook-up for private phone line. For safety, each room has two assistance call buttons. The community is WI FI throughout. Park Place has its own professional chef and staff, who prepare meals in a licensed commercial kitchen on site serving family style to each home. Best of all, Park Place residents enjoy a delicious variety of dining options at every meal and healthy snacks.

Park Place Features:

• Family Style Dining in each home
  • Lovely Outdoor Areas and Walking paths
  • Private Rooms with individual shower and bathroom
  • Amazing views of the city lights and surrounding mountains
  • WI FI throughout
  • Gated neighborhood of senior care homes with keypad entry
  • Fun kid friendly events throughout the year: Trick or Treat, Easter Egg Hunt, Cookie Decorating, and more

We provide medication management and assistance with bathing and daily living activities. Our person-centered care anticipates wellness and comfort while validating seniors.

Laundry is done in the convenience of each home with housekeeping services. Transportation is provided for scheduled medical appointments and regular activity outings. The recreation room overlooks Rancho San Rafael Park by day and City of Reno lights by night.

Park Place is peacefully situated on 2.5 acres of beautifully-landscaped grounds overlooking the city of Reno, the Sierra Nevada, and adjacent to scenic Rancho San Rafael Park. Here, you or your loved one can relax and enjoy a quality of life you won’t find anywhere else.

Map of Park Place Assisted Living