Brookdale Northwest Reno

Reviews of Brookdale Northwest Reno

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Northwest Reno

March 10, 2015

By Theta

I moved my friend in Emeritus two years ago, and it’s a lovely place to live. But he is constantly riled up and upset as he has to give up a lot of his social activities and the things that he considers important to his life in order to live there as they keep on raising the price and got up to $4400. I went to the VA in reducing the rent, and it worked. His rent was backed down from $4400 to $3300, but it’s under new ownership now and they keep sending out letters that they are going to raise the rent. So far he is working fine, he still gets three meals a day, he still gets his laundry done, and he gets maid service. When I first picked out this place to put him in, I picked out a room that was a large apartment, and he had a kitchenette, a little dining area, a living room, and a bathroom. For some reasons, they wouldn’t put him in a room like that. The kitchenette, living room, and a bedroom that was so small that you couldn’t put furniture in it. What I did was reverse it; I put his double bed, his dresser, and everything like that in what was to be the living room, and then I put his TV and a couple of chairs in what would be in the bedroom, and that’s working out really well. It’s a nice bathroom with a walk-in shower; he has gotten used to it now, and he doesn’t need a lot of room except that he has a wheelchair and walkers that takes up a lot of room. The staff seems to be very nice and friendly, and the girl that does his room, I think is wonderful; she does a very good job. The people in the dining room do a good job too. I can’t see any complaints with anybody. The people that are in the management that worked around the desk do an extra job. Everything is clean, it smells fresh all the time, and the residents that are there seemed to be happy and satisfied. The only one that isn’t is the one that I put there. That’s because he just doesn’t want to be there; he would rather be at home. The grounds are beautiful; it’s very well-kept up and clean. They also do nice things for the holidays, and they always have a little Christmas banquet and Thanksgiving where the whole families of all the residents were invited. They have music; they have a piano player that plays music, and everybody is working. It’s a beautiful place.

January 12, 2015

By anonymous104292650

Emeritus at the Seasons has a lot of good about it. My mother is getting excellent care. She is in a studio room, and she has a mobility unit so she has plenty of room to turn around. She has a bed, a sink, a refrigerator, a closet, and her own bathroom. The facility has an elevator and a big dining room. The staff is really good. They take the residents to and from doctors and on some excursions.

October 20, 2013

By MLBL

Emeritus at the Seasons is great. Their executive director is very flexible and everyone is very welcoming. So far, my dad seems to be okay there.

September 22, 2013

By Lorraine22

Our visit with Emeritus at the Seasons was very good. It was a nice and very well kept facility. The rooms were accommodating just not very spacious.

August 29, 2013

By John62764150

The facility was fine and had all the amenities. The staff was accommodating. They just didn't have the financial support I was looking for.

August 26, 2013

By Alan3

Emeritus at The Seasons had everything we needed if we were going to move my parents there. The assisted living area was really nice. Although we did not see any activities. If I were to go into a facility, I would definitely go there.

July 31, 2013

By Jeff9

Emeritus is very nice and upscale but it's just really expensive. Also, it is far away and wouldn't be convenient for our family to visit her there.

July 24, 2012

It’s a nice facility just like the one we visited which I think was a sister company of Emeritus. Their rooms are very well sized. The facility in general is clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and approachable. They seemed to care for the residents and are knowledgeable at what they are doing.

July 11, 2012

By marielessler1

Words cannot describe the experience I had in Reno, NV at Emeritus at The Seasons. In the beginning I was very hesitant to go to a facility that would help me; I thought my family was throwing me into a nursing home and leaving me there as a mental patient. But, I was so wrong. I had amazing progress at the facility. I had trouble remembering the beginning of the treatment but I did remember that slowly throughout the care program, my mind began to regain control and I could begin to do more tasks efficiently. The staff was amazingly nice and I could not have asked for better service. I made many friends at the facility and still keep in touch with the staff and friends from the facility today. I left the facility about a year ago to live with my family in Texas. I still visit the facility to check up on friends.

February 27, 2012

Great facility. Very impressed at how knowledgeable and helpful the staff was. I had a great overall experience and would recommend it to anyone.

Photos of Brookdale Northwest Reno

• Pets: Multiple

About Brookdale Northwest Reno

emeritus.com

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

We have an excellent reputation and a recent deficiency free survey. Our current and past families are our highest referral source. We offer exceptional care that keeps our residents happy and comfortable till end of life. . We are centrally located near shopping and local hospitals and parks.

Map of Brookdale Northwest Reno