Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge

Reviews of Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge

Assisted Living Reviews for Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge

August 11, 2020

By Kathy2

My mom moved into Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge in June 2019. It is very clean and well managed. Right now, since we're in COVID, they have taken every precaution. My mom doesn't have any complaints. She is clean and she has a lovely room, and I can talk to her every day. You can call and talk to her through the window. You can't go in, but you can go outside the backyard. Overall, my mom found a very safe place, and she is in very good health. The owner is wonderful and he is very communicative, especially since the lockdown. He wants to make sure everybody knows the rules. The caregivers are very consistent, too. My mom seems very content; she doesn't seem agitated as much. All things being equal at her age, it is very optimal for her to be there right now. She is completely disabled, and she cannot do any bodily functions. She needs to be taken to the bathroom, and she needs help getting dressed. She can eat, but she needs help brushing her teeth and taking a shower. This is a private home setting so it is very warm and very inviting. When this COVID is over, you can come in and eat together, and you can watch movies in the common area. It is very pleasant. It is a large private home that has been allowed to become this group home. I have no problem with any of the staff members. They're fantastic people. My mom gets bored with the food, but it is very healthy. She gets fruits, vegetables, and nice proteins. She gets fresh coffee, too. It is not gourmet food that you would get in a 5-star hotel, but it is healthy. She is not diabetic so she doesn't have food restriction, but she does get treats. Hillside Manor is small enough that they can give individual care. It is not noisy. People aren't screaming or making a fuss or unhappy. A lot of people are in hospice there, but my mom keeps to herself. She doesn't make friends with anybody because most of them are in pretty bad shape, so it is not a very social environment. She got newspaper, television, and she has a small buzzer so she can call the staff whenever she needs something or she wants to go lay down. I haven't heard her complain about any of that. They cook in a nice big kitchen that is very clean. It is extremely hygienic. There are no tripping hazards, the bathrooms are large and set up for handicap, and there is no carpet. It is very homey and very inviting. It is a beautiful residential home in a residential neighborhood and in a very affluent type of area. Right now, it is very restrictive, but they have a lady that comes in that would do art projects with them. My mom likes to paint, so she can sit out in the common area and do that. They also got a big area set up to do puzzles and things like that just to do something different. There is a beautiful backyard so you can look at the pool just kind of relax and read a book. They also have a big video area where they can watch a movie or sports.

July 03, 2020

By Ken

Hillside Manor was awesome. My mother was a resident there and the overall experience was perfect. It was excellent. The staff members were amazingly good. They worked with the residents really closely all the time and kept them doing things. My mom did well there. They helped her with her computer and with things that she was doing. My mom said the food was good. Her room was really nice; it was perfect. My mom wasn't able to go to activities, but they kept her happy and busy. They kept her interested through the way they dealt with her. The place was very nice. Value for money was very good.

June 15, 2020

By Kathy

My mom was at Hillside Manor. Unfortunately, she was ill so she wasn't there for a long time. She was there for about a month, and had great care. The food was great. The staff was very friendly. They weren't on a rotating basis and they were pretty consistent with who she had to deal with every day. Mom liked that part that it wasn't a new person every single time or every single night. The consistency of the staff was nice and the owner was very accommodating, too. My mom asked for a couple of certain things in her room like a different cable programming and certain diet that she wanted, but he was very accommodating. However, mom wasn't involved in any activity while she was there. The value was good and they're comparable to others.

June 13, 2020

By Louis

My father stayed at Hillside Manor for a few months. The overall experience seemed to be very good. Of course, in the very beginning he did not like it, but that only lasted around four days when normally you would expect it to be three weeks or so. He was unhappy for four days, and then he did a complete turnaround. He loved it, he made some friends, and he liked it there. The staff members were very nice, considerate, knowledgeable, caring and concerned. They were also very good communicating and keeping me up to date. A lot of the residents were playing cards, making puzzles, and watching TV, and joining the patio. The place was very clean and kept up very well. It was a very good place.

June 08, 2020

By Amber

My grandmother stayed at Hillside Manor for six months. They were very welcoming. They explained everything to us. They let us visit my grandmother whenever we wanted. At one point, we had a lot of family come into town and they were accommodating for that. Her room was fine. We got her a room just so we could have more privacy when visiting as we went and saw her every day. We saw the food and it was fine. They offered diverse food pretty much every day. My grandmother really likes soup, so they tried to give it out more often. They had a TV in the living room, and they had some arts and crafts. It is a house in a gated community and it is a very nice neighborhood. I really like them.

June 06, 2020

By Kara

Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge was good. However, it was only for a month-and-a-half that they fed and bathed my father, and that they took care of all his hygienics. My father was immobile and bedbound. The staff members were good. However, there were a couple of times I went in there and he was still in poopy pants, and it seemed it had been there for awhile. However, they only had 5 people at the time. Overall, the staff was good, but it just wasn't quite what I had expected. I thought it would be more. Their food was not good. They need a better menu. They could have been better food. The place was clean but I never saw any activities.

May 26, 2020

By Staten

My wife was at Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge for a year. I was very impressed with the place. When I took her in there a year ago, for some reason she didn't even know I was her husband. She had been there for 6 months and she started to acknowledge me as her husband. She has allowed me to touch her and I can tell her I love her and I can kiss her. She wasn't allowing me any of that before. I don't know why she softened so much, but whatever they did, they did a good job with her. Her room was fine. The place was more like a real home with a few bedrooms in it. They had excellent staff. As for the food, everything I saw was good. They had plenty of activities and they tried to keep them stimulated. The price is so much more reasonable than other places. It is above and beyond everybody else.

Staten, thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to care for your wife for the past couple of years. The caregivers and I were saddened that you had to move out-of-state. We miss both of you very much. Take care and every once in awhile let us know how both of you are doing.

August 24, 2015

By Sandra107736950

My mother-in-law was at Hillside Manor for a couple of weeks, and she was very happy there. It was small but very attentive. The food was good, she was very happy with it, and the staff was fantastic. She had a large room, and it was very clean.

Memory Care Reviews for Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge

Questions about Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

HMME is licensed by the State of Nevada as a Category 2 Facility for Group Homes and is licensed for 9 beds. Our home is endorsed for Chronic Illness and Dementia/Alzheimer's (Memory Care). Our staff is highly trained and has continuous and annual Memory Care classes to brush up on new methods and techniques to assist in caring for our residents.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

HMME is a lush Residential Group Home located within a GATED community, within the luxurious Mountains Edge Master Plan Community, with a maximum of 9 residents. The population of the home varies from year to year along with the average age. The typical resident population consists of varying degrees of medical conditions, from dementia, Alzheimer’s, chronic illness, and residents with disabilities to those who just need 24/7 care. The average age can range from 75-81 years old and, of course, the resident’s activities are based on their individual abilities, but most residents like to sing, dance, play games, and arts & crafts.

What programs or activities does Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Understanding that each resident is unique in their abilities to participate in activities. The resident's activities/programs are based on their personal physical and mental abilities. We have mental games to help with those who are suffering from memory conditions. We have modified exercise programs for those who have the mobility to participate. HMME has a volunteer program who invite volunteers into the home, and they work with the residents and spend time with them.

What places are near Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The acuity level of most residents living in HMME, does not allow the residents to venture out on their own. Family members and guests are more than welcome to check out the residents and take them out for excursions.

What transportation services does Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge offer to assisted living residents?

HMME does not offer any transportation services.

What makes the chef or dining program at Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Since HMME consists of a small population of only 9 residents, this allows the meal plans to be catered to individual requests. It is constantly changing with new ideas. The residents will have three (3) balanced meals per day plus snacks and refreshment in between mealtimes.

What safety features or security measures does Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge offer to assisted living residents?

The home is installed with a high-tech fire sprinkler system, as well as a fire alarm system which is connected directly to the fire department. The inside area of the front door is roped off and an alarm is set to go off if anyone steps into that area. In addition, all the doors and windows are alarmed and set off if ever opened. Every visitor is checked in and out of the home.

How does Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

First, the home is open 24/7 for any family member to stop by at any time, unannounced, and visit with their loved one or just to check up on the quality of care they are receiving. Many of the residents have cell phones and are in constant contact with their family and friends, with phone conversations as well as Facetime. The home has a main telephone line which residents and families are encouraged to use. Plus, we are in the process of installing a weekly email update program that will be emailed to the families with a description of the weekly events along with a current photo of the resident.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have 4 Residents to 1 Caregiver during the daytime shift and 8 Residents to 1 Caregiver during the nighttime shift.

If Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our home, currently, does not accept pets. However, a small, emotional support animal (ESA) could be considered.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Since our home is endorsed for Memory Care, the staff at HMME are highly trained. Each caregiver is certified in the following: CPR and First Aid, Abuse & Neglect, Elderly Care, and of course Dementia/Alzheimer’s (Memory Care) Training. HMME caregivers have an initial 16 hours of Medication Management Training plus every year they must have an additional 8 hours of training. In addition, many of our caregivers have extra training in other fields like Mental Health.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our home is licensed for 9 residents but in the future could go up to 10 residents. We always have two (2) caregivers on staff during the day and one (1) caregiver during the night 24/7.

What safety features or security measures does Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge provide to protect residents who wander?

The front door is roped off with an alarm sensor in between the roped area and the front door. If a resident steps into this area, a loud alarm will sound letting caregivers know that someone is close to the front door. In addition, all the doors and windows are alarmed and if any are opened a loud alarm will be set off. The backyard is entirely fenced in with all gates having locks.

What programs or activities does Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The staff assesses health and cognitive functioning daily and if they feel it is needed, they will arrange for the resident's medical provider to assess the resident's functioning.

What techniques does Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

It starts with knowing the resident's needs, abilities, and preferences. It tends to be experimental at first but gradually the caregivers get to know each resident’s abilities and their likes and dislikes. The meal plan is slightly catered to the different resident's needs.

How does Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Our home is located within a quiet, secure GATED community as part of the luxurious Mountains Edge Master Planned Community. Tucked into the prosperous southwest corner of Las Vegas, our beautiful home comes with everything a family needs to feel safe, cared for, and comfortable.

Is Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

HMME is not affiliated with any hospital. The resident and resident's family can choose the hospital of their choice if medical care is needed.

Photos of Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge

• Pool
  • Features Extra: Pool Has A Waterfall

• Activities Extra: Singing, Karaoke, Non Denominational Religious Services

• Minimum Age: None

• Range Of Services Extra: Memory Care (Dementia/Alzheimer’s), Chronic Illness, Terminal Illness, Disabled, Respite Stay

• State Licenses: 5316–AGC-19

About Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge

HillsideManorLV.com

WHY CHOOSE HILLSIDE AT MOUNTAINS EDGE?

The first reason to choose Hillside Manor is … we provide a high-standard and high-level of care to our Residents.

We are licensed and endorsed to the highest level of care a Residential Group Home can have in the State of Nevada. We can care for and retain our Residents who have very diverse health conditions. This is very important as you do not have to worry about having to move your loved one to another facility if their health deteriorates. We can care for almost any health condition up to the point the Resident would need 24-hour skilled nursing care. With a couple of exceptions, we can care for Residents who suffer from a multitude of health conditions and here are just a few:

• Chronic Illnesses such as Memory Care (Dementia/Alzheimer’s), Parkinson’s, Arthritis, Asthma, Heart Disease, COPD, Stroke, Obesity, Osteoporosis
  • Terminal Illnesses such as Cancer, Lung Disease, ALS, Liver Disease
  • Physical Disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Spinal Cord Injuries, Stroke

The second reason is we make this process an easy transition for you and your loved one.

Choosing a home to move your loved one into is a very stressful and trying process. We understand this is an emotional undertaking and we sympathize with this very difficult choice. Therefore, if we are fortunate enough to be your choice, then our goal is to make this transition as easy as possible, we will assist you through the entire process of paperwork, medical testing, room and equipment set-up, and finally transporting your loved one to their new home.

And finally, the third and most important reason is OUR ambitions are the same as YOURS.

At Hillside Manor, we want your loved one to feel …

A. SAFE

• 1. The Home is Located in a Safe Neighborhood
  • 2. 24/7 Supervision and Care
  • 3. Third-Party Examiners and Overseers

B. WELL-CARED FOR

• 1. We Provide a High-Level of Non-Medical Caregiving Services
  • 2. We Provide a High-Standard of Care (Caregivers are well trained and certified)

C. COMFORTABLE

• 1. Comforts of Home
  • 2. Personal Decoration Encouraged

HILLSIDE MANOR WANTS YOU TO FEEL WELL-CARED FOR

Hillside Manor provides a High-Level of Non-Medical Caregiving Services.

We can and do provide the best caregiving services possible. Whatever the level of care you need, Hillside Manor can probably provide it.

Hillside Manor is a Nevada State Licensed Residential Facility for Groups:

• Endorsed for Dementia/Alzheimer’s (Memory Care)
  • Endorsed for Chronic Illnesses and Debilitating Diseases
  • Licensed for Category II – 9 Beds (Alzheimer’s)
  • We are not a Medicaid approved Home at this time

Hillside Manor provides a High-Standard of Care.

We have developed a staff that is committed, certified, and highly-trained in the following:

• Medicine Management