Atria Sutton

Reviews of Atria Sutton

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Sutton

August 27, 2015

By Caring112011350

The rooms were a little bit bigger than the others, and the people just seemed to be happy -- the people that work there and the people that live there. Everybody was just very friendly, and we couldn't find anything bad about it online, no bad reviews. We just felt that the care was going to be good and that my loved ones were going to be happy there. They have all kinds of activities. They have something almost every hour. They have bingo, cards, movies every night in their little theater, exercise programs daily, and field trips. This morning, they went to Little Green on the bus, and then this afternoon, they're going to one of the little casinos. They may have more outdoor activities during winter, but right now most of the things are inside. It seems to be a very nice place; otherwise, we wouldn't put them in there. It doesn't feel like an old person's home, not like a nursing care. It feels like a small community. Atria Sutton has done everything they can to help them because the transition for seniors can take some time.

July 04, 2015

By Timothy6

I like the fact that Atria Sutton is very open. I like that they have all-day dining; you can go in from 7:00 until 6:00, and they have a chef, so you could either have the daily special or have other food made like a menu. The food is good. They have individual tables up to four people, and they have a wait staff that takes your order and brings you your food just like in a restaurant. My friend is in a one-bedroom apartment, which has a large living room, a sectioned off area that has a small refrigerator, a sink, some cabinets, and a place for coffeemaker, and then the bedroom and living room each have individual air-conditioning controls. The bathroom is large, which is wheelchair and walker accessible. If you needed it, they can put up bars for the bathroom for the shower. There's a management staff and service staff, and they're always friendly and smiling and say hi. They seem to know the residents' names. They've got a big courtyard. They have several activities -- they take the people out, they have entertainers that come in, and they have bingo, Kentucky derby, sing-alongs, groups that come in and do singing and dancing, exercise classes, beading and knitting classes, and movie nights. She moved there in February.

April 20, 2015

By Vikki2

It was a really nice experience. My father really liked Atria Sutton. Everybody was real pleasant. We came in the afternoon, and they were cooking up dinner. The food smelled good. Everything was pretty well up to par. It wasn't huge, but it was nice. He liked all the activities that they have including the trips. The building was kind of built in a big circle. The only thing I can see my father having trouble with was remembering which way goes where.

December 19, 2014

By Mama Joy

Atria Sutton is more expensive, and my relative couldn't afford them. I like that it is assisted living, but it costs more. It is like three blocks from my house, and a friend of mine that lives there loves it. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The rooms and dining rooms were very nice. Their food was very good.

July 29, 2014

By Diane79557650

I just thought Atria Sutton is a nice facility. It’s clean and my mother gets along really well there. She is enjoying her time and she has quite a few groups already. She is just so much happier there. She is in a studio room and it has a nice bathroom with an emergency thing in there. Everybody has to wear their emergency necklaces. She has a bed that was small with a refrigerator and I think above that was a microwave and a nice closet space. It is well laid out and she has everything that she needs. I know that she plays bingo and penny poker. I know they have activities where somebody comes in for entertainment. Every time I call, she is either playing card or playing bingo. I do know they have also exercises. I was able to there with her and the food was okay. They have a nice menu.

June 17, 2014

By Robert85182950

The Atria is clean. I looked at the apartments, and they were nice, but I got claustrophobic because a 1-bedroom apartment seems small to me in comparison with my house. They were polite, very nice, and very cordial. They told me about the things that they do, what services they provide.

June 10, 2014

By Yvonne13

The Atria is a nice place to stay. It's a little bit more expensive. If you need more assistance, that will be the place to be. They had people coming in. They had bingo. They had all kinds of games and things for people to do. It was nice as far as keeping people busy. The apartments are not as big, but they're nice-sized. The staff is very nice people. Their food is good, too. The dining area is a little bit more cafeteria style. They could improve on the warmth because, to me, it was a little bit on the cold side.

April 11, 2014

By Nancy79042750

It's interesting because I was excited about Atria Sutton. I called them up and it sounded like a great place, and it turned out that my uncle has checked it out and it was a higher level of need, higher than he needed at that time. So it was a place that he wanted to go to and he could afford. And this is the place I liked the best. I don't live in Vegas and I don't intend to, but it was really much more upscale, comfortable, clean, and smelled good. If he has memory issues, he wouldn't get lost the way it was set up. All the people were really nice and the staff was friendly. He is in the assisted living but does not require a lot of assistance. They come in and take care of his medicine and do his laundry; the little things he doesn’t need help with too much. They have a lot of day to day activities that people can get involved in. They have buses that go to places like the store or the casino. At the place, they have people come in to sing and play the piano. They have a board where they put pictures ofwhen they were in military service, and he was in the army and he was really proud about having his picture up on the board. We were there last November during Veteran's Day. I thought they treated him kind of special there. We went to a couple of different apartments and the one he liked was honestly a little more than we thought and had a bigger bedroom like a little apartment with kitchenette. Food was really good too.

February 26, 2014

By Janice28

The rooms, accommodations, the food, everything at Atria seems to be really good. We've had a few hiccups on getting mother to doctors and things like that but hopefully I'll get that taken care of this week. I like that my mother likes being there. The sanitation is very good. I can't think of anything that they don't have over there. There's something going on every minute.

December 20, 2013

By Iris Stanfel

As a member of my church (1st Henderson United Methodist Church) I am dedicated to assisting any of our members to find a suitable facility when needed. This facility met all our needs, in addition to the warm, friendly staff, made our choice perfect. The food menu is outstanding and the entire facility is very neat and clean. Also, the location is great. We also visited another facility, but Atria Sutton was our best decision.

September 29, 2013

By Joe19

The decor and furniture at Atria Sutton looked a little more high class than the other place I visited. It was nice and clean. But the price was beyond my mom's income and she needed more personal care.

September 13, 2013

By Weatherman

We have visited 5 facilities so far in the Las Vegas area. We are doing this for my 92 year old mother who has Macular Degeneration. Atria Sutton in our opinion seems to have all the qualities that are needed for a happy and healthy lifestyle. The anytime dining, the activities, and the availability of transportation for doctor appointments would seem to fill the bill for anyone desiring assisted living. It appeared from our visit to Atria Sutton that the staff was friendly and and residents were in good spirits.

August 22, 2013

I liked Atria and the price is right. I thought it was new, clean, and the facilities are well maintained. The staff is very friendly, helpful and I'm in touch with them quite frequently. They keep me posted on what's happening with my mother and they're very good about that. I usually can get on to the people that I need to get on to without waiting for a call back. So far I'm very pleased with the staff. They have a lot of activities going on but maybe they can have a few more options during the day. My mom is taking advantage of all the activities.

August 14, 2013

It seemed to fit my mother's needs. They had a lot of activities and entertainment; all things she likes to do. It looked like a real cared for place, it seemed more like a resort. The staff was good.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Sutton

November 08, 2016

By Irene187214

Atria Sutton was a nice community, but it was out of our price range. It was clean, and the people all seemed happy. We had lunch, and that was good.

June 23, 2016

By Lynn004762

Atria Sutton was gorgeous, beautiful, very well kept, huge, and had lots to offer and lots of rooms for privacy. The staff seemed friendly; everywhere we walked, people waved and said, "Hi." From a visit, I would recommend it.

May 10, 2016

By JAM2

Atria was fine. The food was OK, but I wasn’t impressed. Their apartments weren’t as large as the one I’m living in now yet I was going to pay more money for it. Somehow things didn’t add up. The big thing was that they weren’t offering the space nor the quality of food that I thought I should be getting with that kind of money. The caring attitude was missing totally. We went to so many places, but Atria stands out because I was so totally disappointed.

Thanks for visiting our community. I appreciate the feedback from your tour experience. Each of our communities are assessed up to twice a year on performance categories including culinary service and our Engage Life® program, but unfortunately it seems our efforts have fallen short of your expectations. If you'd like to tell me more, you can connect with me directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

May 10, 2016

By Marge16

We visited Atria Sutton for ourselves. It was all very good except for the fact that they didn’t have a two-bedroom apartment, which is what we wanted. At the time we were looking there, I was coming down with allergies really bad, and we had to sleep in separate bedrooms for a while, so it made us realize that we really needed to look for two-bedroom places. With our health right now, it’s not a big deal, but in the years to come, it could be.

May 04, 2015

By Robert106594350

Atria Sutton is a nice, clean, and safe facility. My mother is happy there. They are taking really good care of her. They take the residents on trips and to shopping. They also have bands that come in and play for them. They play bingo and have movie nights. She really likes the food.

March 31, 2015

By Michael103944550

Atria is very clean. It was actually a recommendation from the nurse at the hospital. When I went to go visit it, I saw a couple of them, and that one had a higher rate. They actually lowered the rate so he could go there. That was very helpful, and everybody is really helpful there. The studio is really good, and the facility is really clean and doesn't look old. It has a very large courtyard. The food is delicious. When I retire, I'm going to go there.

August 13, 2014

By Gail24

I was impressed with the Atria Sutton (3185 East Flamingo Road). It was very clean, pleasant, and very comfortable. They showed me a one-bedroom that they had available, and it was really nice. They have three meals a day that, if you want to eat, you can go down the dining room and eat there. But their kitchen is like a little kitchenette; it's got a little dishwasher, a sink, and a microwave, but no stove and no refrigerator, just a little ice box for snacks and drinks. They have a library and fitness area. I don't think they have a pool.

April 26, 2014

My aunt is in Atria Sutton. It is a nice place, and the people are nice and friendly. She is in a 600 square foot one-bedroom apartment that has a small kitchen and everything that she needs. The food is very good, and the dining room is nice. They have an exercise room. She plays bingo, cards, and she's always busy because there's a great assortment of activities. She has no complaints, and she likes it very much.

November 27, 2013

My mother was in Atria Sutton. It was a good facility. Their staff was lovely. They're nice. Aside from senior living, they also offered assisted living but not really with a memory care division. They did provide memory care services like meds and aiding the residents. However, as a whole, it was more of an independent environment than where my mother is in now.

November 25, 2013

The people that I came in contact with during my tour and visit at Atria were very nice. The reason I didn't go with them is just because of proximity. They were my second choice. It was a very nice facility. The room and the dining room were extremely clean and the person giving me the tour was great.

September 26, 2013

My husband and I have been living in Atria Sutton for about two weeks now. Their services so far have been okay. They have a lot of things that you can go and do if you want to. They have movies, some crafts, sing-along, entertainment, things like that. My husband and I have two rooms and a little small kitchen area, so generally our apartment is okay. They could be a little more because when you go from 1200 square feet down to 600 square feet, that's a big difference. With regards to dining, they try to do the best they can with it. The chef that they have is trying to incorporate good types of foods into the menu. I'm having a problem recently because I'm supposed to be on a no-fat diet. They don't do any specialized diet. They only have no-sugar and no-salt. They use olive oil here and the chef keeps telling me that's good fat, which I know that it is, but when you're on a no-fat diet for at least nine months and then you go on to eating fat in your diet, then I think that's a problem for me. So this is one of the area they coud improve on. They could also have a bus boy to better their service in the dining room. It would free up the waitresses to get the food on the table. Everyone is complaining about that, i.e, that they don't get it out there hot or they don't get it out quick enough. I have patience but a lot of older people don't. So if they have a bus boy, I think that would make things better.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. I'm glad to hear that we are offering activities that interest you and your husband. I will be sure to share your review with the appropriate culinary staff so that they can consider the low-fat options available and also your suggestion regarding an additional staff person. If we can answer any questions or be of further assistance, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

April 11, 2013

My mother-in-law wasn't happy anymore at Atria Sutton. She was there for 2 years but they changed the staff. The people became difficult. She was much happier with the staff they had before.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. We always appreciate hearing from friends and family so that we can constantly improve the service we provide to our residents. If you are willing to speak with us further, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your mother-in-law's experience at Atria Sutton. You can contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com (be sure to include the community name in the subject line.) We look forward to speaking with you!

Photos of Atria Sutton

Services and Amenities of Atria Sutton

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: 2481AGC

About Atria Sutton

At Atria Sutton, you'll find a charming, elegant community personalized to meet your needs. Invite friends and family to celebrate special occasions in our festive common areas, or relax by the lushly landscaped courtyards and grounds. Atria Sutton is just minutes from the bright lights of the Las Vegas strip, with the convenience of nearby shopping, fine dining, and three major hospitals.

Atria Sutton offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community, and grounds
  • Medication assistance